When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New GMT Ceramic is Here!

subzero1

The most obvious giveaway would be the first ever scratch the PVD bezel gets, if they made it that way..... :lol:

Why should we assume ceramic means expensive? The ceramic Rado replicas are not expensive and yet they are fully ceramic and there are other watches too......

The factories/dealers seem to think that a new watch/ceramic part means 2x normal price :p

Still, nice enough replica though, I have seen the genuine and was suprised by how much larger and thicker it was than any other Rolex....

maybe ceramic is rare in china and worth more than gold? LOL

FYI ceramic isnt an expensive material lol

Last i heard, a few months ago, they were making the insert with plastic but made to "look like ceramic" or whatever that means. Hopefully they decieded to make it properly

dizz

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find out fromt the sourse that the following

The Bezel is PVD treated and efffect is 1:1 like the Ceramic Genuine. =)

To your Question is not Ceramic :( bummner. I wonder if a Genuine one will fit the bezel.

...what's the deal with posting pics without description/price/etc...

Something along the lines of a drug dealer flashing a of a zip lock full of smack to a room full of jonesing junkies...

I wonder if it takes the rep factory forty hours to make each bezel like it does rolex. Anything less and it can't be 1:1. :lol:

Seriously though, if the numbers are printed, or more likely, overlayed, on top of the ceramic it will defeat the whole purpose of the ceramic bezel look and will be an instant tell to anyone who's read Rolex's ad. Hopefully, they found some way to make the numbers fluch w/ the bezel itself.

Also i dont understand the fascination with this correct hand stack, yes it may look more like the real thing but it means that if you adjust the time the Date goes out of sync with the hour hand, meaning that it wont change over at midnight anymore.

This is because the GMT hand is controlling the date change

Is this correct?

Also i dont understand the fascination with this correct hand stack, yes it may look more like the real thing but it means that if you adjust the time the Date goes out of sync with the hour hand, meaning that it wont change over at midnight anymore.

This is because the GMT hand is controlling the date change

Is this correct?

Yes, you're right.

I have a GMT II from RepAustria with the correct hand stack and a modified mvt.

The date changes during the night as I do use the GMT for -6 hours time zone.

It happens when I sleep on mine...so not a big deal.

The modified mvt works perfectly but of course this one has been modified by RepAustria with the control of his watchmaker.

Not by a chinese factory worker that makes 100 mvt an hour.

GmtMatserIIRepAu_PS800_10.jpg

During the last 2,5 years I have ordered 3, 2893-2 modified with correct hand stack (was RX EXP IIs) ..... all three was send back.

Completely useless.

I guess if the watch is properly serviced and adjusted by a professional watchmaker could make a difference.

The watch head to me looks very good indeed. The rehaut looks good. You can see it has a some thickness to it on the side profile shots. Engraving looks pretty crisp. Overall very smart.

The biggest flaw to me is as always the dreadful end links!! They look like humpbacks on these pictures and not very well cut at all!

That will stop me from a purchase for now.

As to the colour of the bezel numbers, I think the photo lighting does nothing for these and creates a transulescent effect as on the gen model. I think they will look better in the flesh.

Just my thoughts B)

The modified mvt works perfectly but of course this one has been modified by RepAustria with the control of his watchmaker.

Not by a chinese factory worker that makes 100 mvt an hour.

LOL thats hilarious!

dizz

We can't really tell from the pictures how the bezel looks in r/l. That's a big factor of course. But looks like they did pretty good job with this one. The bezel numbers look a bit too thick, and the rehaut engraving doesn't look 100% correct to me. Rehaut thickness, however, looks good for this model.

PS: The price and specs have been updated at Joshua's page:

http://www.pc-80108.com/000rlgs01001-anni-...and-p-4583.html

I constructed a comparison shot with the gen here (adjusted and rotated Joshua's sales picture a little). This definitely looks like a good replica... but keep the observations coming!

pictureup7.jpg

During the last 2,5 years I have ordered 3, 2893-2 modified with correct hand stack (was RX EXP IIs) ..... all three was send back.

Completely useless.

I guess if the watch is properly serviced and adjusted by a professional watchmaker could make a difference.

I've had four of them. 3 working perfectly, 1 has an issue, where the hour hand gets occasionally loose, but only when you use the independent hour hand setup.

It again works perfectly when you set the time only from the hack position. The movement isn't going to die or anything, it's a genuine ETA. The problem with this modification is the badly constructed hour hand transfer gear/fork, which can cause slippage. And when the hour hand gets loose you can "attach" it again when you roll the minute hand around the dial for ca. 24 hours. I don't know the technical explanation for that, but it works for both me and bklm1234 who owns a chs GMT II as well.

The date change on the old chs movement follows the GMT 24h hand, not the hour hand. But if you set your 24h hand to follow your local time the date change is no problem, either.

But then again, this is supposed to be a new, improved correct hand stack modification where the date change follows the hour hand. That's what Angus told me anyway.

Too bad I'm not too crazy about this ceramic version, gen or rep. I doubt I'm going to drop $400 for it.

There are a number of ... "flaws" for lack of a better word .. IMO if they were to be repped the price would be much greater.. I payed over 400 usd for the MBK 1665 and 1680 and still had to put a lot more into modding them ...

the cyclops on the genuine has AR on the underside of the mag.(only the mag) and the clasp is spring loaded on the genuine and very different from the usual clasp on the other GMT's .. there... 2 more reasons why not to get it.. :lol: .. or you could say your just having a "bad hairday.. that works too"

I think we should inform the Chinese makers that members have chimed in saying they will not get this because of the clasp or bracelet or font.. earth shattering info that they "must" be aware of.. :rolleyes:

and the clasp is spring loaded on the genuine and very different from the usual clasp on the other GMT's

It looks like they repped the clasp rather well. It appears to be hinged as it should be. Whether it is spring loaded or not is another story. I would like to believe they replicated it to function like the original. This is the big deal maker or breaker for me. The redesign of the clasp is the major reason why I wanted this watch aside form the ceramic bezel.

The clasp on the newer day dates is supposed to function similiarly to the new GMT. The replica factories have yet to replicate this which is why I don't own a new style day date.

We can't really tell from the pictures how the bezel looks in r/l. That's a big factor of course. But looks like they did pretty good job with this one. The bezel numbers look a bit too thick, and the rehaut engraving doesn't look 100% correct to me. Rehaut thickness, however, looks good for this model.

PS: The price and specs have been updated at Joshua's page:

http://www.pc-80108.com/000rlgs01001-anni-...and-p-4583.html

I constructed a comparison shot with the gen here (adjusted and rotated Joshua's sales picture a little). This definitely looks like a good replica... but keep the observations coming!

pictureup7.jpg

I'll start with your second post BT:

"Too bad I'm not too crazy about this ceramic version, gen or rep. I doubt I'm going to drop $400 for it". :)

So far, I agree with you 100%.

The rehaut engraving does not correspond to what I like design wise. :yuk:

I might go for it one day, but not today, nor tomorrow.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to use your skills to create the side by side comparision photo, which should make us point the obvious differences, if any.

Here are mine and I think that to correct these ones will had a serious budget to the initial 400$ :Jumpy:

1) The crown: can't see anything else to say but it has to be changed.

2) The crown guards: must be seriously shaved or attend Weight Watchers meetings.

3) Insert: Font is way to fat, dots are not correctly placed. Simple example: 18-20 and 20-22

4) Dial: already pointed, too fat WG circles around the hour markers.

5) Dial: good point, the printing seems to be almost spot on. We need to have macros though.

6) Bezel teeth: too rounded and too fat.

7) Case: hard to tell from the photo, but it seems to "large". The shoulders are wider.

8) Rehaut: It' hard to say again but it seem that the rep is too woky again.

9) Rehaut engraving: at the 9 o'clock it's a R on the gen and almost an O on the rep.

That means that the entire rehaut engraving is not correct.

10) Swiss made: slightly to far away from the 6 o'clock marker.

Ok, please do not misunderstand my post.

This is probably a great rep again.

We love to get new reps and most of them are very good, including this one.

:yeah:

I am only trying to say that it is not a SUPER rep and thus the price should not be that high as if you're looking for 0.99:1 you will have to work and pay.

:wounded1:

I am also saying that before each of us literally jumps on a new release we should think it over and let our Kamikaze test them

Guest rolexadict
I would like to see what Tor has to say

Ah! yes,

you need a omni-present worldwide forum's guru to tell you what you have to buy, :lol:

Are you adult or what ? :lol:

Buy it, $388,00 is nothing, just stop to give non necessary tips around you -gas station, restaurant, etc... - you will collect the money very fast to buy this watch

if not sure, buy the gen, see your banker and sign for a new credit line. Easy as 1+1=2

Ah! yes,

you need a omni-present worldwide forum's guru to tell you what you have to buy, :lol:

Are you adult or what ? :lol:

Buy it, $388,00 is nothing, just stop to give non necessary tips around you -gas station, restaurant, etc... - you will collect the money very fast to buy this watch

if not sure, buy the gen, see your banker and sign for a new credit line. Easy as 1+1=2

Welcome to the forums, I would like to say what a great first post, but........ :rolleyes:

Seriously, a rethink of your attitude is most definitely needed if you are really seeking to join this community......

Cheers! B)

Could not agree more, waiting for lani's review.

@"Collectors" Send By-thor one for reviewing asap plz :-))

I'll start with your second post BT:

"Too bad I'm not too crazy about this ceramic version, gen or rep. I doubt I'm going to drop $400 for it". :)

So far, I agree with you 100%.

The rehaut engraving does not correspond to what I like design wise. :yuk:

I might go for it one day, but not today, nor tomorrow.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to use your skills to create the side by side comparision photo, which should make us point the obvious differences, if any.

Here are mine and I think that to correct these ones will had a serious budget to the initial 400$ :Jumpy:

1) The crown: can't see anything else to say but it has to be changed.

2) The crown guards: must be seriously shaved or attend Weight Watchers meetings.

3) Insert: Font is way to fat, dots are not correctly placed. Simple example: 18-20 and 20-22

4) Dial: already pointed, too fat WG circles around the hour markers.

5) Dial: good point, the printing seems to be almost spot on. We need to have macros though.

6) Bezel teeth: too rounded and too fat.

7) Case: hard to tell from the photo, but it seems to "large". The shoulders are wider.

8) Rehaut: It' hard to say again but it seem that the rep is too woky again.

9) Rehaut engraving: at the 9 o'clock it's a R on the gen and almost an O on the rep.

That means that the entire rehaut engraving is not correct.

10) Swiss made: slightly to far away from the 6 o'clock marker.

Ok, please do not misunderstand my post.

This is probably a great rep again.

We love to get new reps and most of them are very good, including this one.

:yeah:

I am only trying to say that it is not a SUPER rep and thus the price should not be that high as if you're looking for 0.99:1 you will have to work and pay.

:wounded1:

I am also saying that before each of us literally jumps on a new release we should think it over and let our Kamikaze test them

Stephane Posted Today, 10:33 AM

PS: Lani, thanks for being our Kamikaze

"Divine Wind" I'll take that as a compliment S ..

jfreeman420 Posted Today, 09:36 AM

It looks like they repped the clasp rather well. It appears to be hinged as it should be. Whether it is spring loaded or not is another story. I would like to believe they replicated it to function like the original. This is the big deal maker or breaker for me. The redesign of the clasp is the major reason why I wanted this watch aside form the ceramic bezel.

I was actually being obtuse in my statement as I believe the "look" is very well done to rep the inner guts would not be cost efficient..agree 100 % JF..

Here is the genuine clasp.. not as simple as the earlier models

diagramclaspdetailvr7.jpg

Mickey Padge Posted Today, 10:46 AM

Seriously, a rethink of your attitude is most definitely needed if you are really seeking to join this community......

Well said MP!!!... this is indicative of some of the posts... members that have done "0" to contribute to the community in either information or donation to help keep this forum alive .. take it upon themselves to critique members and mods who have contributed thier passion to this community..!!!

Well said MP!!!... this is indicative of some of the posts... members that have done "0" to contribute to the community in either information or donation to help keep this forum alive .. take it upon themselves to critique members and mods who have contributed thier passion to this community..!!!

Thanks man! :)

What gets me is that rolexadict seems to have been a member since Oct 2007, why wait all that time and then crap on other members and moderators with your first post? :huh:

Dito MP/L...unfortunately.

PS: it is a compliment L :D