When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New GMT Ceramic is Here!

subzero1

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sql_pl

Nice.

I am no GMT expert but aren't these ebzel numbers a bit too dark?

Wonder if it is real ceramic.

I always thought it looks weird but then some pics at TZ made me really appreciate it.

After some intensive comparison w/gen pics, the only thing I can see is the font of the numbers on the bezel are slightly too thick. Real ceramic from what I hear. The slightly too thick #'s are definitely not going to dissuade me from getting one.

Tribal Posted Today, 07:48 AM

The Inset is still plastic not ceramic

I'll know for sure by Tuesday....supposedly it is ceramic

Hard to tell with the studio pics from the collectors site.. lighting play's a big role .. and the pics are alway's over saturated.. so the only way is to have one in hand..

correct hand stack looks good..

We'll See........(in other words... mine should be out of customs by Sunday)

It does look really good. Very interesting. If the bezel is ceramic - that would be a real dealmaker. The numbers are a little too thick on the bezel though.

Now - the question is - what movement could you put in there when the modded 2836 eventually fails.

ugh - the crown looks weak.

I may be once again showing my ignorance here, but what's the deal with posting pics without description/price/etc...

I'm guessing they probably just get the pics up ASAP and then finish the page a couple days later...?

So I guess my real question is when can these be ordered? Does it normally just take a few days or could it be longer?

I've been watching for this thing every day for at least 9months now, so I apologize in advance for the repeated posts....

Wouldn't it be safe to assume real ceramic would put this bad boy in the 500+ range?

Joshua told me some time ago he thought that the insert would be "partial ceramic". I don't know what that means unless it has some sort of ceramic coating on the insert. The price was expected to be in excess of $400 US dollars. It will be interesting to see what is actuallly delivered.

Those numbers are for shizure too thick--I'd love to know what partial ceramic means.... Crown looks too fat, too. Date font looks surprisingly good. 60 teeth. Face looks good, but that should be a given on these, right? Correct hand stack.

I think I'm gonna get a gen ruby/sapphire pepsi bezel in mine....

I was told that this watch will not have a ceramic insert but instead it will be PVD. I was also told that the two are indistinguishable.

If you know what to look for, the two are NOT indistinguishable. The ceramic has a sheen/polish to it that can't be replicated easily with a substitute.

$400 is a high pricepoint. Rats!

The most obvious giveaway would be the first ever scratch the PVD bezel gets, if they made it that way..... :lol:

Why should we assume ceramic means expensive? The ceramic Rado replicas are not expensive and yet they are fully ceramic and there are other watches too......

The factories/dealers seem to think that a new watch/ceramic part means 2x normal price :p

Still, nice enough replica though, I have seen the genuine and was suprised by how much larger and thicker it was than any other Rolex....

the bezel inset is not PVD.. and it is not plastic.. it is an exclusive to one collector.. so any other collector chiming in ... well you figure it out..

I'm given the specs on it and the material used .. but I will hold my comments until i view the genuine in person and then recieve the replication .. so in other words until it lands here we can all "guess"... and still you may have to purchase one yourself to be sure.. :D