When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New GMT Ceramic is Here!

subzero1

Hehe, I know you were joking, I just googled "Q-tip" :p:D

You have the watch already? I thought we were still waiting for peeps to receive the first batch? :o

*Waits patiently for an update/review* <_<

It's been sitting at my business center.. due to the Holiday the post was really backed up ... floor to ceiling boxes of parcels.. so I let them be..

pics then.... the review will be a day or so...

ok.. I may train tomorrow then.. but it will be about noon Hawaii time befor Im back home... you all may be sleeping by then.. :lol:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been sitting at my business center.. due to the Holiday the post was really backed up ... floor to ceiling boxes of parcels.. so I let them be..

pics then.... the review will be a day or so...

ok.. I may train tomorrow then.. but it will be about noon Hawaii time befor Im back home... you all may be sleeping by then.. :lol:

It seems you have a lot of peeps waiting on your every key press, so to speak B)

I look forward to seeing some decent, non dealer pictures of this watch ^_^

(and to finding out if the bezel is Q-tip proof :p )

AAHHHHH... anticipation is part of the joy of this hobby.. the genuine didn't really impress me like I thought it would...

i didn't know what to expect but it really is IMO a larger version of the 16710 with more weight, like the Seadweller.. at least the trplock crown looks good on it .. unlike the pea size twinlock on the older model .. I am really curious to see if the oring is showing when the crown is unscrewed.. triplock for a 100m watch .. must be for the size of the crown ... case back shape will be another interesting item .. it should be flat.. unlike the bubbled backs of other models.

i don't like the bubble bcks.. too top heavy ..

it's 8:11 am here (-10gmt).. hope you guy's can stay up.. :rolleyes:

This is not a complaint just an observation. And it also seems that even non rollies fans are considering this new GMT ceramic watch.

Not with that movement no, I'll stick to my Omegas :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have a vintage MBW SD (never worn), Two Tone MBW Serti Dial Sub, and a PT YachtMaster (as well as assortment .... all bought a while ago... and I don't find myself wearing them... I guess I got into reps via this brand and then grew onto other brands that I tend to prefer now.

@ Lani I like how you inadvertently became the official reviewer of this watch just because you were the first person to say he got it. I don't think my desperate pleas in the shoutbox helped that much. --- I wasn't really as impressed by the gen as I was at first either. ---

What we really need is a side by side comparison, ya'll. Maybe we should ease up off Lani since he doesn't have the gen and will be going off his memory of the gen from the AD....who wouldn't even give him a book... What a shame :)

I think I will have a nice suprise tomorrow when I get up :p

OK MP >>

Chronus Posted Today, 08:18 AM

I guess I got into reps via this brand and then grew onto other brands that I tend to prefer now

I started with Rollies and Pams.. then opened up to Omegas... and "everything" in between.. now back to the beggining.... and I'm sure it will morph again.. it's what I like about this hobby of ours.. ;)

Right I'm sick of this and Lani's slacking :p, it's finally here, so it's about bloody time we have some pics in this thread, including macro shots...(wooo! :Jumpy: )

20070602225zv0.jpg

....of the genuine 116710, mwahahahaha..... :D

Ahhhh.. S.. I see you could not resist... :lol: ...you betta get your signature back on track hea ... I sure am slacking with you missing...

and it even has the "correct hand stack"

Right I'm sick of this and Lani's slacking :p, it's finally here, so it's about bloody time we have some pics in this thread, including macro shots...(wooo! :Jumpy: )

You won't fool anyone with that gen. It lacks all the little details that make the rep so unique.

....of the genuine 116710, mwahahahaha..... :D

Nice one :)

Some great shots there, thanks very much! Maybe Lani could try to duplicate them for a comparison? ;)

Nice one :)

Some great shots there, thanks very much! Maybe Lani could try to duplicate them for a comparison? ;)

Yes that would be great.. I have some genuine pics but docs look much better... DBR ... we need some frontal pics.. and you know.. I'll just follow suit to what you take.. mind you I have a Nikon now with Macro lens also.. so don't be shy..(not that you ever were)... he's baaacckkk... :lol:

A few peeps over at repgeek have the watch in hand now too, so we should have plenty of pictures and a review or two to look over soon :)

All this Rolex talk has made me put on my Rolex SSD, it had been a while.... B)

does that mean I'm off the hook.. no need to post pics ???

Yes that would be great.. I have some genuine pics but docs look much better... DBR ... we need some frontal pics.. and you know.. I'll just follow suit to what you take.. mind you I have a Nikon now with Macro lens also.. so don't be shy..(not that you ever were)... he's baaacckkk... :lol:

Ok ok, nag nag pester pester.....these are the very best two I have on my old hard drive - full frontal and an oblique - not mine you'll note, but 'procured' in the good old-fashioned 'Peterman' sense :whistling:

picture35dl1.png

picture34ym0.png