When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Official RWG Weekend Wrist Check

By-Tor

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going with this for friday office wear

5.17bvphotojournal008.JPG

to match up with my new cufflinks from Trevor

DSCN0105-copy.jpg

supporting slicemaster with the PP and cufflinks for saturday (friend's wedding reception)

ppcufflinksandppreps-09.jpg

or maybe this PP

ppcufflinksandppreps-02.jpg

sunday ... mow the lawn day and final round of the memorial tournament in dublin, ohio ... my tried and true

rep3-11.jpg

Edited by prince458

Considerable thought has gone into what I'm wearing today, as I'll be wearing it solidly for the next week. We're going on vacation, my 127 is in for servicing, and I didn't want to take a load of watches with me, so I had to make a choice...

Water resistance was a must, but then, all my reps are waterproof anyway, so it came down to the option of aesthetics.

I could've worn the One Eight Something, as that would keep dead on balls accurate time all week with no need to fuss about with re-setting the time, but, it's too big to go under a shirt cuff (if we were to go to a nice restaurant, for example)

The PVDd 111g would go under a cuff, but doesn't always go with everything, and, changing the straps, would mean fussing about with PVD buckles... Too much hassle, if it was a case of going out in a hurry and wanting a change... So I settled on my 029a as it's so versatile in both appearance and size. Due to the heat, I've fitted it with the 24mm OP dive strap with deployant clasp rather than buckle. This will be my 'daily beater' for the duration. Sadly, while removing the deployant clasp from my 26mm OP dive strap, the back end of the clasp decided to chew into the strap, and it now has a series of little marks on the tongue... :( Has it made that strap unwearable? Not quite sure... Depends how easily I can source a new OEM 26mm OP strap. I do have a spare rep strap, but the whole thing 'looks' different, and I do prefer the OEM strap... Oh well, moving on... So, I have the 029a on the dive strap via a set of River's spring bars. For times when a strap change might be necessary, I'm also taking a burgundy croc BOB strap (one of my favorites) for 'formal wear' (with polished Pre-V buckle screwed in in preperation), and a putty Toscana strap (with sewn in buckle) should I want something a little more casual, but with no fear of getting wet or sweating into the strap :lol: No need for me to muck about with any of the buckles, all I'll need to do is simply replace the straps and I'll be good to go :) And, at the end of things, I wound up going with a GMT watch as well, which seems to be the choice of the weekend :lol:

Sorry for the OCD ramblings, I'll try and snap some shots before I go, and certainly while away as well :)

That ExpII is a beauty Stephane!

Going to a party downtown today... and wearing this. Brand spankin' fresh wrist shot.

IMG_9109.jpg

3a1.jpg

Somehow, I have become very attracted to these colors lately. Wearing my other GMT today... I'm addicted. :)

IMG_9089.jpg

3a.jpg