When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad day

Dani

The same results could have been achieved, by simply stating that a watch was stolen in transit and venting to the members of RWG.

Agreed.

I agree with your first comment.

But the second....you seem to be implying that Dani did so with intent. I really don't think that's true, merely a throwaway by-the-by as part of his tale of woe. By 'associating' you with the fact, what does HE have to gain? Sincerely I mean you no offence, but I don't think you're doing yourself any favours here being so oversensitive.

Members read and come to their own conclusions on many items, and many times that conclusion is twisted around and no where near what was originally said. We have all seen this happend in the past.

For years I have heard "Beware of Canada customs..." from many forum members, on RWG1, here, and on other forums, yet my personal experiences with them have been 100% positive.

If you believe I am being "oversensitive" that is your opinion, nothing more, simply your opion, and of no more weight than anyone else's opinion. It's not your name that's associated with the issue, it's mine. I have maintained for 4 years now that canada customs is not an issue, and I have worked very hard to maintain my honesty and reputation on RWG.

My point all along has been simple, adding my name to the fact the watch was stolen, and that it was shipped to canada, wasn't necessairy and no good will come from it. You can rest assured that many who read this have already come to a very different conclusion that you have, and will quote this post from here to eternity when someone asks "is there any risk shipping to canada...".

I am not sure why you think I need to do myself "favors" on the forum, actually I thought you had given up on this place and was surprised to see you comment. Visiting infrequently in the past month, has certainly caused me to realize it's not my cup of tea anymore...at least not in the way I used to participate. Try as I may, I find myself loosing interest in having to defend and explain myself all the time. Although the forum has many advantages and can be a lot of fun, as someone who offers a service, it requires more effort than I can muster. Archibald knows exactly what I am talking about, and can say it more eloquently than I ever will.

This post confirms that my participation here will never be like it used to be, I simply don't have the time or energy for this back and forth arguing and defending myself anymore. Find someone else to argue with, stick a fork in me, I am done... :)

I think I'll go back to what I started with, posting articles on RWG like this was a magazine. I really enjoyed doing that, and if you don't like the article, you can turn the page to the sports section...

RG

Sorry to hear this, really bad. But please, could you evaluate why there was no insurance? It is a valid and understandable point to insure expensive things. Carriers as global airmail do insure watches if sealed correctly. Customs is no problem at all, there is an easy and simple thing to keep in mind, mark the watch with appropriate value, declare as for repair and return, the receiver has to send his outgoing return receipt he receives at the postal counter to customs which is no problem at all, cheap and fast, and everybody is on the safe and secure side. With postal services more and more owned privately, what do you expect is what I ask you... especially overseas with parcels being x-rayed - do you really think nobody looks at the actual x-ray images? Bad people are everywhere, also in the postal system.

Sorry to hear about this Dani. This sucked big time. I am curious to know if you will be reimburse in any way shape or form because of what happened. When things like this has happened, besides having to deal with finding replacement, which in this case it would be difficult, it's about feeling violated. I had my stuff stolen from my car twice, I eventually got over the costs that were involved in my car, but to this day, the feeling of being violated of some punks stealing my stuff remain fresh. I would love to get back at those people that stole from me! Best of luck Dani.

Sorry to hear this, really bad. But please, could you evaluate why there was no insurance? It is a valid and understandable point to insure expensive things.

Not sure about the EU, but on the occasion I've had to make an insurance claim on a package that went missing, I had to provide proof of value like a receipt. I've never ever gotten a receipt with a rep so that may be a little difficult to provide.

Not sure about the EU, but on the occasion I've had to make an insurance claim on a package that went missing, I had to provide proof of value like a receipt. I've never ever gotten a receipt with a rep so that may be a little difficult to provide.

This is the "Catch 22" of our Hobby !! I can never insure the "rep" only the genuine parts that accompany it .. as Slai states.. you are going to have to show proof of purchase ... and forging a recieipt is grounds for "Mail Fraud" which in the US is a Fedreal Offense.. not that the authorities would go to the trouble of prosecuting anyone.. but how would you like to have that in the data base.."permanantly"

The Zigmeister = Canada Customs = Stolen watches, all this does is give ammuntion to those who believe Canada customs are the worse in the world, and it makes me out to be the bad guy, both are unfair and untrue.

Right... so all of the people who want to do business with you but can't because 1) you're impossible to reach and 2) you're not accepting new orders will be dismayed to do so.

:rolleyes:

Guys, can we 'put a fork' in this topic?

The way I see it (if anyone cares):

Dani- that does suck. It's part of the deal-- that risk I mean-- and you knew that, but it doesn't make it any easier...But like Stephane said, please don't bail out... sleep on it first...

The Zigmeister- you're right, no reason to pull you into it. I don't think Dani meant to imply anything negative about you and was just looking to commiserate with his friends, but he did put a cloud over you just by associating your name with a big bummer of an incident, and that is unfortunate.

I don't think anyone meant anything here, but written communication is tough to navigate flawlessly (I am probably not doing so here!) So, I suggest that we move on to more interesting, fun, and productive topics...

This is really dumb; if he said he got into an accident while driving to the post office would we criticize him for casting the post office in a bad light?

As for Canadian post and customs, it's absolutely relevant to the story what shipping method was used and where it was going.

What would your approved version of this tale sound like? "My watch went missing while I was sending it somewhere" doesn't really contain any useful facts.

Dani,

Sorry to hear that man...losing a watch sucks big time but I can't imagine losing a grail rep...

hxxp://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/critical_int.html <----- Soon members are going to need this to send watches... (note the "hand carry" and "chartered flight" options...I suggest looking at the rate guide for a real hoot (and, yes, my company has used this service in the past))

Guest carlsbadrolex
The same results could have been achieved, by simply stating that a watch was stolen in transit and venting to the members of RWG.

There was nothing to gain or any reason to associate me with that fact. The two are not connected.

RG

I dont see that this is in fact true... The specifics should be discussed. The fact that you were in the chain of custody is unfortunate, and I am quite sure no one has implicated you. When Mezzanine shipped a package to me from Canada it was torn open and the contents were missing. I never once thought he had done it, but I did openly state that the package came from Canada.

If Dani had stated that the watch had been with a world class replica watch modder in Canada, would you feel less slighted? Im sure EVERYONE would have been able to put 1 and 1 together and get 3... But your name would not have been mentioned.

Dani, Im very sorry to hear of your loss. But I dont feel you should have edited your post... I commented (thread crapped) in your for sale post also. DONT sell off your collection. Dont go anwhere! I will personally be offended and hurt if you leave! ;)

T

Sorry to hear that Dani, I've had many losses in many areas throughout my years, but when it's something personal, it sucks even more. :wounded1:

I think the 063 is the one I sold you so it was definitely one of the special fully modded reps, sorry to see it go. After I missed mine, I had to go and grab Ajoesmith's because I missed it so, perhaps your new PAM 28 PVD project will be your new super rep. You will get your grails back, although it will take time and effort...

So sorry to hear that my friend.

In regards to customs, I've sent dozens of watches back and forth with ZERO issues in Canada. It could happen sending the watch to China, Italy, Estonia, Australia...things get lost, and worse...things get stolen...but you shouldn't let one incident change your whole attitude toward a hobby that you genuinely love.

dave :wounded1:

It is correct that the value of the good has to be made believeable with "sufficient proofs". That's how it is written. Such proofs can be pictures, oral discussions or even bills. The bill doesn't have to be the real thing, how would they proof it anyway. The ebst thing is to find a picture of your (gen) watch and discuss with the postal services on how the value of these is on eBay, they know eBay and use it for the refunding calcs. "Fair value" - to get to the point.

Sorry to read about this Dani... this must really hurt! I know what it feels... so hang in there.

@Rob... IMHO it's got nothing to do with you and i guess nobody thought it had anything to do with you, untill you started about it... this post is about Dani's loss... not about Canada, Canadian customs or you. So no worries mate.

They should still chop off the hands of thieves. Sends a good message. Having something stolen from you makes it feel very much like a personal violation and it is painful indeed. Dani was right to lament his loss in this forum where he can find at least genuine sympathy, and understanding. The Zigmeister has one of the better reps around and the chance he was the culprit is less than zero, although it does warrant mentioning as a warning if watch shipments are being pilfered by Canadian Postal workers. We must always share this kind of info with each other so we know where pitfalls might lay, so Dani stating what happened was the right thing to do.

WELL said bro!!!

F*ck Dani this most SUCK big time!!! If there is somthing i can do, pleas let me know. You know im always here for you!!!

//robi

Thanks Robi.

Well i think there is a small insurance when you ship registerd about around 50-70euros from europe...

//robi

Yupp not more then 200$ maximum then you also have to show invoice of content.

True.

I dont see that this is in fact true... The specifics should be discussed. The fact that you were in the chain of custody is unfortunate, and I am quite sure no one has implicated you. When Mezzanine shipped a package to me from Canada it was torn open and the contents were missing. I never once thought he had done it, but I did openly state that the package came from Canada.

If Dani had stated that the watch had been with a world class replica watch modder in Canada, would you feel less slighted? Im sure EVERYONE would have been able to put 1 and 1 together and get 3... But your name would not have been mentioned.

Dani, Im very sorry to hear of your loss. But I dont feel you should have edited your post... I commented (thread crapped) in your for sale post also. DONT sell off your collection. Dont go anwhere! I will personally be offended and hurt if you leave! ;)

T

Thanks bro.

Not leaving just a break.

Sorry to hear that Dani, I've had many losses in many areas throughout my years, but when it's something personal, it sucks even more. :wounded1:

I think the 063 is the one I sold you so it was definitely one of the special fully modded reps, sorry to see it go. After I missed mine, I had to go and grab Ajoesmith's because I missed it so, perhaps your new PAM 28 PVD project will be your new super rep. You will get your grails back, although it will take time and effort...

So sorry to hear that my friend.

In regards to customs, I've sent dozens of watches back and forth with ZERO issues in Canada. It could happen sending the watch to China, Italy, Estonia, Australia...things get lost, and worse...things get stolen...but you shouldn't let one incident change your whole attitude toward a hobby that you genuinely love.

dave :wounded1:

It was the one i bought from you..

I hope the 28 project will go smother.

Cheers

Dani

Guest carlsbadrolex

There seems to be a trend... I shipped a genuine Rolex bracelet to a member a little over two weeks ago. He and I were both originally concerned because the USPS no longer offers tracking for customs declaration numbers on their tracking system. So even after a week, the "tracking number" was shown as NOT IN THE SYSTEM.

Well, yesterday I PM'd the member asking if he had received the package. He replied that he was out of town but that his gf had received the package and it is entirely empty. I am waiting to hear back from him concerning what if anything was used to reseal the USPS Priority mail International flat rate envelope. I dont see why customs would confiscate a GENUINE bracelet unless they simply assume all Rolex parts are fake.

So this ups my count of lost/stolen/damaged items by one. I assure everyone, no exceptions will ever be made for me to ship internationally again. Nor would I ever consider buying a watch from outside the US. Regardless of what others say, its just becoming to risky of a proposition.

There seems to be a trend... I shipped a genuine Rolex bracelet to a member a little over two weeks ago. He and I were both originally concerned because the USPS no longer offers tracking for customs declaration numbers on their tracking system. So even after a week, the "tracking number" was shown as NOT IN THE SYSTEM.

Well, yesterday I PM'd the member asking if he had received the package. He replied that he was out of town but that his gf had received the package and it is entirely empty. I am waiting to hear back from him concerning what if anything was used to reseal the USPS Priority mail International flat rate envelope. I dont see why customs would confiscate a GENUINE bracelet unless they simply assume all Rolex parts are fake.

So this ups my count of lost/stolen/damaged items by one. I assure everyone, no exceptions will ever be made for me to ship internationally again. Nor would I ever consider buying a watch from outside the US. Regardless of what others say, its just becoming to risky of a proposition.

True but that was a gen item, they steal lello dw,cyclop and a replica 063 :blink: i leave the 239 :black_eye:

Guest carlsbadrolex

Dani, I was simply speaking to the trend of items going missing. It really sucks and PISSES ME OFF. Your situation PISSES ME OFF more than most!