When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad day

Dani

Just got a mail from my repair service that my 063 best version was not in the parcel i shipped so in other words been stolen in transit. :(

Not only my most expensive rep but also very hard to get.

Now i have 3 reps left but my daily one is gone :(

This sucks so bad.

that's really bad luck...I would cut off the fingers to those who stole the watch...and in general to thos who steal...I had a major value of goods stolen lately from my factory...value almost 20.000

Edited by dadog13

That's very sad to hear Dani. :(

It has never happened to me, but when we're sending these packages all over the world, there's always a risk. I feel for you my friend.

shipped it very good packed and secure words on custom label.

They also seem to have stolen all parts cyclops, dw's from lello in all goods for over 1200$

i have no need for my 239 at The Zigmeisters so that will be put for sale togheter whit the rest of my stasj.

they left my 239 in the parcel that is so weird why not steal the hole packed??

I am disapointed to see this posted in the open.

I thought we always had a gentleman's agreement with all members, some things are better discussed in private.

I didn't steal the watch, so my name should not be associated with the fact the watch was stolen.

I am not disapointed that the information is shared with forum members, but disapointed that my name is associated with the fact that the watch was stolen.

I have heard for years that Canada customs is terrible, yet my own personal experiences are totally the opposite. I have never ever had an issue or problem with Canada customs. If Canada customs opens a package (which they do all the time) they tape it with special yellow customs tape. Canada Customs has never taken any item from my packages.

Looking at the way the package was cut open and taped up with clear tape, I would guess that it was done in the EU, probably at the drop off postal outlet. The end of the package was cut open, and folded over and taped back in place. The return address and some stamps are folded over. There is little chance of someone having access to the package in private, and the tape to reseal the package, except for at the postal outlet where it was dropped off.

This is the second time in the past few weeks that information or a topic concerning me, that should have been discussed in private, has been made public.

Jen and I feel terrible that this has taken place, but I think it would have been much better to simply say that a shipped watch was stolen in transit, without mentioning my name.

Many RWG members see this post as follows: Ziggy = Canada Customs = Stolen watches, all this does is give ammuntion to those who believe Canada customs are the worse in the world, and it makes me out to be the bad guy, both are unfair and untrue.

RG

Ziggy,

I'm sure Dani meant no harm, and I don't think anyone would question you about it. Things like this have happend to other members, in other places. I think he was just frustrated that his items were stolen and wanted to tell the story. I don't think Canadian customs are any better or worse than any other country after reading this. Sad to say, but theives come from all countries

I thought we always had a gentleman's agreement with all members, some things are better discussed in private.

I didn't steal the watch, so my name should not be associated with the fact the watch was stolen.

I am not disapointed that the information is shared with forum members, but disapointed that my name is associated with the fact that the watch was stolen.

I have heard for years that Canada customs is terrible, yet my own personal experiences are totally the opposite. I have never ever had an issue or problem with Canada customs. If Canada customs opens a package (which they do all the time) they tape it with special yellow customs tape. Canada Customs has never taken any item from my packages.

Looking at the way the package was cut open and taped up with clear tape, I would guess that it was done in the EU, probably at the drop off postal outlet. The end of the package was cut open, and folded over and taped back in place. The return address and some stamps are folded over. There is little chance of someone having access to the package in private, and the tape to reseal the package, except for at the postal outlet where it was dropped off.

This is the second time in the past few weeks that information or a topic concerning me, that should have been discussed in private, has been made public.

Jen and I feel terrible that this has taken place, but I think it would have been much better to simply say that a shipped watch was stolen in transit, without mentioning my name.

Many RWG members see this post as follows: The Zigmeister = Canada Customs = Stolen watches, all this does is give ammuntion to those who believe Canada customs are the worse in the world, and it makes me out to be the bad guy, both are unfair and untrue.

RG

I to be honest Rob i think that you are thinking to much..Why shoud this be talked about private??their is not a singel reason why i shoud not tell my friends here about this as this is the only place people will understand atleast for me..

No one will think any bad about you becasue of this thread, why shoud they and to be honest i don't feel any lust to calm you down as it is me that have lost atleast 1200$ in watch&parts..This is a grail rep for me bought from a great member here now its gone..That is like a second blow for me..

This coud have happend anywhere to blame Canada customs is not correct at all, i have shipped 4-5 parcel their never any problem as does other say in this thread.

Many RWG members see this post as follows: The Zigmeister = Canada Customs = Stolen watches, all this does is give ammuntion to those who believe Canada customs are the worse in the world, and it makes me out to be the bad guy, both are unfair and untrue.

RG

Rob, when I first read this I admit I did think you were overreacting a little. You are certainly not implicated, and I don't think anyone (certainly not anyone you choose to do work for anyway) would directly associate you = stolen goods = Canadian customs, and think twice about sending stuff to you. Dani is venting and you can't blame him for that, it must be gutting, and I'm sure there'll be no effect on your business. Just one of those things, the risks you take when shipping across borders, especially continental ones in my experience.

However, I agree with you re. it being most likely tampered with either in Norway, or somewhere in transit (airport exit or entry point) prior to arrival and processing by Customs at your end. And on reflection, yes a quick word in private could have meant your sensibilities would have remained unruffled, but I'm sure you can see Dani did not mention you as anything other than an aside. We've all said or written throwaway details, things that in hindsight may have been best left omitted in the first place.

I had UPS steal a genuine Sinn U2 from me last year that cost me around USD$ 2000 at that time (from USA to UK) and the seller disappeared too :(

I feel for you Dani.... I hate it when this happens.

And The Zigmeister, I don't think this casts aspersions on you... in fact if you'll work on some of my watches, I'll send them your way :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Master The Zigmeister.

When Dani mentioned your name, not once did I think it could have been you that did it. I don't think you have anything to worry about it.

My friend Dani,

I am sorry for your loss. :( That really sucks.

Dani,

I feel very sorry that happened to you man.

None of us is safe when shipping a watch.

Wherever, whenever and with any means, it's part of the dangerous hobby we share.

Pls do not sell your watches now.

Sit back, have a good night of sleep first.

Cheers

Stephane

This is by far the worst ever thing to happen for me in this game.

I em not selling out of anger i just need to cope the lose of this watch and parts, it was my number 1..Why shoud i stay behinde whit number 12 and 14..

Post one edited to be more correct.

The same results could have been achieved, by simply stating that a watch was stolen in transit and venting to the members of RWG.

There was nothing to gain or any reason to associate me with that fact. The two are not connected.

RG

I agree with your first comment.

But the second....you seem to be implying that Dani did so with intent. I really don't think that's true, merely a throwaway by-the-by as part of his tale of woe. By 'associating' you with the fact, what does HE have to gain? Sincerely I mean you no offence, but I don't think you're doing yourself any favours here being so oversensitive.

I lost my father's watch when returning it to an EU dealer not so long ago and felt terrible for it. I'd packaged it correctly but stupidly sent it 'Recorded' rather than 'Signed For'. Only when I contacted Royal Mail did I find out that 'Signed For' is the only fully traceable (i.e. bar-coded at every point of it's journey from the moment it's handed over the counter to the point of delivery) method available and that 'Recorded' actually only means the package's signed for once delivered. My father's watch might very well have been put straight into the pocket of the guy at the post office counter, nicked at the sorting office or kept by an opportunist post man. Then a few weeks ago I lost a watch on the way to me, why? Because the sender didn't use the secured option and it disappeared somewhere