When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 9411 FrankenSub

ubiquitous

Thanks, dovo and sd4000 :)

Unfortunately, it's already disassembled and on it's way for some case work. While I used to enjoy doing things like drilling lugs and the sort, I now find that I really don't have the time to do it (setting up , etc).

Besides... There are folks out there who are far more skilled than I and do a much nicer job on the case work than I would ever be able to do. So, rather than do a so-so job on it myself, I prefer to send it out to have it done right :)

Hopefully I'll see this one back on my wrist soon... I miss it already...

Cheers,

Randy

beautiful watch!

the sad part is that I had a gen snowflake blue dial back about 10 yrs ago or so... all gen with 93150 bracelet... all original

...... and i sold it for $1200 back then to buy rims and tires for my 4x4 :bangin:

It's going to look great when it's all done. If I had a set of Snowflake hands, I would do my own watch up...oh wait, I did have a set of hands...and now they are yours... :)

I am glad the hands found a good home, it's great to see the spark re- ignited and your latest project.

RG

Here, here to that! It is indeed great to see the spark re-ignited! Looking forward, as always, to the pics of another completed Ubiproject!

Nice as allways :rolleyes:

How about the casback, do you have the right one?

I love these Tudor Franken.

Easy to build all is made for Eta movement, no dateoverlay....

Just put together some mode on the case and you get this beauty.

Congrats Ubi this is a great Project.

Thanks, everyone for the great feedback! Your comments and interest in my project are appreciated.

Sorry for the long string of replies following... I felt it might be easier to quote all in a single reply vs. acknowledging each on an individual basis...

beautiful watch!

the sad part is that I had a gen snowflake blue dial back about 10 yrs ago or so... all gen with 93150 bracelet... all original

...... and i sold it for $1200 back then to buy rims and tires for my 4x4 :bangin:

Doh!! I wonder if the person you sold it to still has it?

BTW... $1200 for a snowflake 10 years ago was a pretty good deal on your part! I probably would have sold then as well for that dollar figure :)

Very nice Ubi.

I love the snow flake and I am sure your representation will be first class. They always are. :)

Can't wait to see that bad boy when you get it back.

Thanks, SL... Your kind words are appreciated!

I'm just hoping the mailman screws up and mis-delivers it to ME! :tu:

Heehee... I'm afraid that even if my post man were to deviate that far off course, all you'd receive is an empty case :) All the guts and innards are sitting here on my work bench...

It's going to look great when it's all done. If I had a set of Snowflake hands, I would do my own watch up...oh wait, I did have a set of hands...and now they are yours... :)

I am glad the hands found a good home, it's great to see the spark re- ignited and your latest project.

RG

Thanks again for the great hands! They really made a huge difference in this watch, and were a key factor in influencing the direction of this project. I couldn't have done this without your help!

Here, here to that! It is indeed great to see the spark re-ignited! Looking forward, as always, to the pics of another completed Ubiproject!

Thank you, as always B. I have to admit that I was getting bored there for a while...

:)

Nice as allways :rolleyes:

How about the casback, do you have the right one?

I love these Tudor Franken.

Easy to build all is made for Eta movement, no dateoverlay....

Just put together some mode on the case and you get this beauty.

Congrats Ubi this is a great Project.

Thank you, Tribal. I am still looking for the best solution regarding the caseback. I'll be using the standard caseback for now; not sure if I'll have this one engraved, or find a gen.

I do agree that this is one of the easier (and admittedly, one of the more pleasurable) projects I've done in a while. I've not had this much fun since building my first Daytona :)

Great project.

To help you with your question. The Tudor casebacks are usually a bit smaller thread wise, so a Tudor caseback might not fit a 5513 case. Furthermore, getting it engraved is not really an option, as the Tudor casebacks incoroprate the No. 5 die - not the biggest Rolex 29,5mm die as all Rolex sport models do. And the profile for the opener is sunk in the caseback, on the 5513 it is domed out in the back.

Great project.

To help you with your question. The Tudor casebacks are usually a bit smaller thread wise, so a Tudor caseback might not fit a 5513 case. Furthermore, getting it engraved is not really an option, as the Tudor casebacks incoroprate the No. 5 die - not the biggest Rolex 29,5mm die as all Rolex sport models do. And the profile for the opener is sunk in the caseback, on the 5513 it is domed out in the back.

Very interesting information about the Tudor casebacks. Was not aware of the smaller case thread diameter... Guess that throws the option of using a gen caseback out the window :)

Perhaps I'll simply leave the caseback as-is/unengraved...

Thanks for the insight!

• 2 weeks later...

After a quick trip to our resident watch guru ziggy, my case has finally returned home for reassembly.

Ziggy's done a knock out job on the case work, as per usual! Lugs drilled out nice and clean and the gen tube threaded in smooth as butter! To say I'm ecstatic would be a severe understatement!

IMG_3839.jpg

:wub:

While it's probably no secret that doing case work is my least favorite part of these projects, the simple reality is that ziggy just does it better!

And, the only two 'vintages' that remain in the collection...

IMG_3853.jpg

Looks nice, R. Didn't know you still had the great white... Do you ever wear it?

Thanks, B! Sadly... I don't find myself wearing it much these days. Great watch, and I love it, but it's just not first pick. Perhaps if I ever get around to swapping a 1570 inside that might change :)

That is quite the most perfect picture :drool:, wear her well

ST4

Thank you, ST! I'm enjoying it as I type :) I'm looking at it on my wrist now, actually... I can't take my eyes off of it... ^_^

So what's your current collection like Ubi?

2 Daytonas, these two and the vintage Seamaster?

The collection has kind of dwindled, but as of current, it's comprised of:

-Franken 16520 El Primero Daytona (white dial)

-Franken 16520 El Primero Daytona (black dial)

-Modded MBW 1665 (great white)

-Franken 9411 Tudor Snowflake Sub

-MBW 3711/1A Patek Nautilus (no mods)

-Franken skeletonized Omega Constellation

-Genuine, all oiginal 165.024 Omega Seamaster300

-Old watchmaster 45mm Radiomir hommage

And a bunch of parts that will some day turn into completed projects :)

I have recently thinned out the collection quite a lot; I had a good number of finished projects and other watches that simply didn't get any wrist time. I find that the collection is best balanced at right around 10 watches for me. Any more than that, and they just collect dust...

:)

Wow, it looks great!

Here is mine - not quite a Snowflake, but a vintage Tudor anyway - I used a Vietnamese case and a Tudor ETA 24XX movement, a genuine bezel with Tritium insert, 1:1 caseback with all correct markings, genuine 703 crown and tube. Hands are supposed to be genuine, but I am not 100% sure, it's difficult to determine these days. The dial is a redial from Phong.

img3633ex1.jpg