When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here we go again!

ajoesmith

My previous thread has been closed by admin

you can view it Here

This thread was closed as of 1.41pm 14th June 2008 Australia time (QLD)

Personally i really dont care anymore for the content of the thread

However

TT has again seemly abused his admin powers!

The thread is closed and should remain closed because its a closed thread

WHY IS TT, who is admin, ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO POST IN THIS THREAD? new post as of 12.31 am 15th June 2008 Australia time (QLD)

Do you want to have the last word?

You seem to just keep digging a bigger hole for yourself?

this should not be allowed!

Ok gentlemen, lets keep this as rational as possible.The topic has been bought to the public forum, for all to see. There are several comments made by all parties involved, some that I personally agree with, some that I don't and that goes for all parties.

I feel it is a valid question to ask from AJS's position, given the light of the circumstances.

Ok gentlemen, lets keep this as rational as possible.The topic has been bought to the public forum, for all to see. There are several comments made by all parties involved, some that I personally agree with, some that I don't and that goes for all parties.

I feel it is a valid question to ask from AJS's position, given the light of the circumstances.

Exactly b16a2

I personally dont want to rock the boat anymore but i would like an explanation as to why admin is allowed to do this and whether it will continue

It was me that closed the original thread - I thought that this whole discussion was done, and agreed with other members' posts that bad blood tends just to beget bad blood - this is stuff between friends, at the very least it can be handled by PM. But if there is more to be said then I guess everyone should be open to chime in.

Its a beautiful Sunday morning here in Oz and I awake to find no answer to my question

@cucumber jones

you are correct for saying "If I was an admin here I would have closed it too."

Correct but closing a thread and then admin continuing the discussion in a closed thread to make more comments that i cannot reply to is WRONG

any answer adimn if this behaviour is admin policy and will continue?

Guest carlsbadrolex

I thought the same thing when Admin locked the "Carlsbad is a rip-off artist" thread and TT opened it long enough to make one post in response to something that had been directed at him. It was then immediately locked again so no further reply could be made by anyone else.

It was my opinion at that time that if ADMIN locked the thread, it should stay locked.

I thought the same thing when Admin locked the "Carlsbad is a rip-off artist" thread and TT opened it long enough to make one post in response to something that had been directed at him. It was then immediately locked again so no further reply could be made by anyone else.

It was my opinion at that time that if ADMIN locked the thread, it should stay locked.

@carlsbadrolex, exactly my point!

@D4M, Im not moving on, Admin need to answer this one.

Obviously Ajoe you believe you are quite knowledgeable of our rules, however I assure you there is no ruling that stops an Admin member from opening and closing a topic as many times as we wish, this is something I have seen done on every rep board that there has been....I think the problem is this time it's happened to you.

Here, however, are some of our rules that you may want to learn.....

[18] - RWG is NOT a place for free speech. We are all for free speech and we rarely censor out members, but ultimately this is a private community and we decide what is allowed to post and not.

[22] - All instructions from moderators and admins are to be followed. Failing to do so will either get you a warning, get your account suspended or banned.

[23] - Moderators and admins are allowed to edit/delete/move/close any posts they wish under reason. If you wish to question a decision, you should PM the moderator or admin in question and ask the reason.

And here's one that relates to something you like to do.....

[17] - Trade offers should always be posted in the trade forum. Trade offers posted outside of this forum will be delete immediately.

And finally you should always keep in mind this particular one.....

[24] - The admin can ban any member on the board with/without reason.

I am not saying this is where you are heading, just that if we find your attitude is damaging to our board we have the option to fix it.

Ken

Err - guys, the thread is actually open.

Perhaps I should have been more clear in my post above from earlier, you're carrying on about not being able to reply but I re-opened it soon after TT posted his message.

I initially closed the thread thinking that was the end of the discussion, clearly that was premature, so it's back open again.

But I'd prefer to see an end to the squabbling, put it that way.

I guess it would depend on "Who"s running the ship"... there needs to be order .. there "Needs" to be a chain of command..

what was hurt in the past thread ? "ego" ... was there right and wrong?.. depends what point of view "you" take.... so take what you need and leave the rest..

"we are the rank and file" .... the Admin team "is" the chain of command .. no one has to like it .. but it would seem it all comes down to the one issue that would break up a community .. friendships ... and singleness of purpose ... Money... that is what it seems like to me..

RWG needs money to operate.. we should not get this confused with personal gain.. nor the Admins Teams rights to govern as they see fit..

I am not patronizing ... Egos.. are alway's looking for a win-loose scenario .. there is no winner or looser in this type of jousting.. so if the thread is locked or set "invisible" maybe there is no good to come out of it except "bragging rights to a fight"

Our future .. which is the life of this forum.. one in the same .. depends on "Lokahi" Unity with harmony.. if that cannot be the goal and obtainable.. then "Hooponopono" .. the hawaiin cleansing .. or problem solving..

in other words this is a way for each member to ask (in their own minds eye) for the others forgiveness, .. if I have offended you in anyway.. weather right or wrong .. forgive me...... not "surrender".. which by the way is defined as .."moving to the winning side"

no good will come from a debate "challenging" anyone.. not to say this is wrong .. but this is snowballing into something that is really "manini"..(small.. insignigicant)

sheath the swords ... this is not a battle that will produce a win-win situation.. just cause more "bad blood""

nuff already.. let's get back to our hobby...

I guess it would depend on "Who"s running the ship"... there needs to be order .. there "Needs" to be a chain of command..

what was hurt in the past thread ? "ego" ... was there right and wrong?.. depends what point of view "you" take.... so take what you need and leave the rest..

"we are the rank and file" .... the Admin team "is" the chain of command .. no one has to like it .. but it would seem it all comes down to the one issue that would break up a community .. friendships ... and singleness of purpose ... Money... that is what it seems like to me..

RWG needs money to operate.. we should not get this confused with personal gain.. nor the Admins Teams rights to govern as they see fit..

I am not patronizing ... Egos.. are alway's looking for a win-loose scenario .. there is no winner or looser in this type of jousting.. so if the thread is locked or set "invisible" maybe there is no good to come out of it except "bragging rights to a fight"

Our future .. which is the life of this forum.. one in the same .. depends on "Lokahi" Unity with harmony.. if that cannot be the goal and obtainable.. then "Hooponopono" .. the hawaiin cleansing .. or problem solving..

in other words this is a way for each member to ask (in their own minds eye) for the others forgiveness, .. if I have offended you in anyway.. weather right or wrong .. forgive me...... not "surrender".. which by the way is defined as .."moving to the winning side"

no good will come from a debate "challenging" anyone.. not to say this is wrong .. but this is snowballing into something that is really "manini"..(small.. insignigicant)

sheath the swords ... this is not a battle that will produce a win-win situation.. just cause more "bad blood""

nuff already.. let's get back to our hobby...

AMEN!

@Lanikai... Well said.

"In quietness and gentleness will be your strength."

There is no need to try to prove anything here, we are a band of brothers. Let's remember that.