When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Replica Ever

loner12345

In your opinion, what do you think is the BEST replica out there? This means that even if the caseback was opened, you couldn't tell. They don't have to be straight out of the box reps, they can also include reps with GENUINE movements that have been installed and other mods.

I think you need to differentiate between reps and frankens. Ubi's twins ain't no reps. :D

I know, that's why there is a smiley, lol.

But I find it hard to find a non-franken rep which is 100% correct - even after serious modding. Maybe the SFSO indeed is the exception, but I'm not an expert on Breitling....

The SFSO is a very good rep, but anybody that knows Breits can spot the rep without even turning it over. I think the SMP chrono rep + a gen insert might be the closest thing going. But opening the caseback of any rep is going to be a dead giveaway unless you happen to find a genuine movement.

They don't have to be straight out of the box reps, they can also include reps with GENUINE movements that have been installed and other mods.

I think this may fit the bill.

DW with gen 7835 bracelet, pushers, crystal, crown/tube & V72 assembled from the best of 3 donor 72s & modded with a combination of jewelryandwatch & other parts found on the bay

623920031.jpg

623920121.jpg

dw6239_modded.jpg

I assume you are not including frankens constructed from 100% gen parts (which is essentially a gen).

If I remember correctly, there were a limited run of a Franck Muller replica about two years ago, using a genuine gold case and a correctly decorated ETA 2892 movement.

There has also been a replica Cartier Francise, with engraved ETA2000 movement, just like the genuine I believe..

Strangely, the best replicas are often of rather obscure watches..

As always in threads like this, I also pull out the unloved Rolex Air-King.. :) The simplest Rolex there is, no crown guard or date and date mag to mess up! Still, opening the caseback will reveal its true nature.

My vote would go for the SOSF. All round brilliant replica. Maybe the Ferrari Pam 008 would be among it too, but a replacement strap would be necessary. I agree with Andreww too, the SMP is brilliant; granted you get the old one with the Swiss datewheel, but then there's screws in the bracelet.

I do not remember who it was, but a few months ago someone posted pics of a really nice looking rep of a modded vintage Rolex-built Panerai (you could see the Rolex badging on 1 of the bridges through the back, even though the gen probably did not have a see-through caseback). I thought I had saved the pics, but I guess not. Anyone know which watch this is?