When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lives have Changed

lanikai

Guest carlsbadrolex
Just read the past 4 pages, and am surprised that no-one has mentioned the CARBON EMMISSION TRADING SCHEME.

What do you think prices in general are going to do when every country has to pay or trade for the carbon they burn.

Kevin Rudd is in Japan now signing our lives away.

Estimates so far here in Oz. are 30 BILLION $ per year ( This is just Oz. )

BHP Billeton has just re-negotiated the price of iron ore to the Chinese for a 95 % price rise .

Were [censored]....

Oops, sorry... YOUR [censored]!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were [censored]ed....

Oops, sorry... YOUR [censored]ed!

This is one big boat WE ARE ALL IN.

If anyone thinks it`s bad now,................ give it 12-18 months then say the same,

You will be wishing it was like NOW.

Hi All,

A very interesting thread on a topic I have been thinking about recently as I am sure many of you have.

Here are my thoughts on the repercussions of high fuel and therefore power prices i.e. gas and electricity

1) Good - For all the campaigning the tree hugging, sandal wearing greenites have been doing, I believe that the high cost of power will be the biggest cintributor to people going green and cutting their carbon footprint

2) Bad - The cost of many goods we take for granted will rocket. Why ? Many cheap goods come from the Far East. The cost of transporting these will soon be prohibitive and therefore their price will rise

3) Good - As cheap far eastern goods rise in price, comparable to domestically produced goods, there will be more demand for domestic products, creating jobs - note though, that many western countries have lost their manufacturing capabilities so it is not all good

Finally, for those that haven't seen it and to get another perspective on our changing world, spare 6 minutes and watch this:

I don't give a shit about myself as I won't live more than 30 or 40 years more.

But I'm feeling terribly bad for my children (and even more for their future children).

Gaz is an issue but how about water?

The world will have to learn new ways of living and stop burrying their head in the sand.

The soonest, the better.

maybe it's just coincidence ... but for the last 3 shipments ..express has taken much longer than normal.. are they scaling back flights also ??

a parcel that alway's took no Longer than 5 day's express to arrive at it's destination.. took 8 day's .. and parcels from china that took 4 to 5 day's is taking much.. much longer these last 2 weeks

I'm just wondering if this is a sign of things to come ... everything is being scaled down.. -_-

So you need a V10 to get you 440miles each day?

The US is not that diffrent then europe not all of europe is small and compact.

And pleas public transport is overrated in europe belive me delays whit 20-30min or hours are likely to happen many many times a week on all sides bus,train,subway so getting late to work 2-3times a week is a recipe to get fierd.

I dont see a V10 as a bad thing to be honest, you can brew your own gas etanol that will not only give more horsepower but also 100%green and clean :) But i do think the dea or ATF!? will ask you about somethings.

Yes, I need a V10. No, I don't commute 440 miles every day (I make the trip from Pittsburgh to WV/KY about once a week). The truck is necessary to tow the logging trailer and also, quite simply, to get to the job sites. These sites are on lease roads cut into the WV and KY mountains. No smart car will get you there.

Some of the guys on the rigs have diesel trucks and run a combination of biofuel and diesel. If/when I go to a diesel, I'll probably give that a try myself.

Wow!!! What a great thread. I agree with JZ completely. According to a major oil Co. CEO who said "$100 oil isn't justified by the physical demand in the market - it has to be speculation on the futures market that is fueling these high prices.

Oil and gasoline markets contain loopholes for traders, and the markets are inadequately policed by regulators under current law. As a result, the current market prices are greatly influence by the speculators well beyond the simple laws of supply and demand.

Of course the Oil companies would love to subvert the blame in this way. They still play a major part in this of course.

Whats even crazier, despite their record profits, the government continues to provide to oil and gas companies with tax giveaways and subsidies of $7.5 billion :shock:

Last time I checked, the oil companies profits were in the 8-10% range (you can look this information up yourself as their profit margins are posted in most business publications). That is in line with any other major corporation. There are a lot of costs involved in finding, recovering and refining oil. These companies spend in the trillions on discovery efforts alone. The costs for simply upgrading/expanding current refineries can cost hundreds of millions.

The record profits are from record consumption. It's not some grand conspiracy by the oil companies, it's simple supply and demand.

Yes, I need a V10. No, I don't commute 440 miles every day (I make the trip from Pittsburgh to WV/KY about once a week). The truck is necessary to tow the logging trailer and also, quite simply, to get to the job sites. These sites are on lease roads cut into the WV and KY mountains. No smart car will get you there.

Some of the guys on the rigs have diesel trucks and run a combination of biofuel and diesel. If/when I go to a diesel, I'll probably give that a try myself.

Ok, i as said don't mind a V10 i see some can have the need..

I hope we can drive etanol cars in the near future in Europe for cheap, i woud hate for ferraris to say weeeeeeeeeeeeeee insted of vroooooooooooom :lol:

Pedestrian deaths will be more and more common if EL cars comes more and more :lol:

General Motors Volt...! is the future...

If GM can stay above water...they are sinking quicker than the Titanic...

The US is not the nicest place to live..I em sure its good but i have never seen it on top of any chart when juding best place to live..

i have seen my country their for about 5years running :p

We fell ass backwards into an oil well, we got lucky. When i lived in US we had better doctors, better education, safer cars, better just about everything. Back in Norway i am paying for all the loosers to be happy, and loosers love Norway. We are getting more and more of them as we continue to nurish mediocreness, but we will continue to place high on charts in many years to come, not to worry. <_<

i walked this morning to the bakery, saved 5 Euro and feel much better :D :D

seriously - you guys in the US are sooooo lucky with your still extremely cheap gas prices !

Frank

We fell ass backwards into an oil well, we got lucky. When i lived in US we had better doctors, better education, safer cars, better just about everything. Back in Norway i am paying for all the loosers to be happy, and loosers love Norway. We are getting more and more of them as we continue to nurish mediocreness, but we will continue to place high on charts in many years to come, not to worry. <_<

Yes but when you see who is in goverment have can things get better??

Immigrants love Norway they can after being here for 5yr if playing their cards right get a home worth 650k$ for free :lol: while etnic Norwigan kids can't even buy a small 30 square meter apartment..

Trust me i don't love all things about our country its a weak ass country that shout ups every time the gov whant to tax more or stab us in the back,like whit the disel cars :lol:

Their is almost no viking blood left in Norway we are going more and more towards Sweden in terms of pussy'nes.

Cheers

Immigrants love Norway they can after being here for 5yr if playing their cards right get a home worth 650k$ for free :lol: while etnic Norwigan kids can't even buy a small 30 square meter apartment..

Trust me i don't love all things about our country its a weak ass country that shout ups every time the gov whant to tax more or stab us in the back,like whit the disel cars :lol:

Their is almost no viking blood left in Norway we are going more and more towards Sweden in terms of pussy'nes.

Cheers

Hi Dani,

I feel for you. The UK is very much the same. Glad to hear we are not the only ones suffering.

Immigrants here get free health care, free housing and money on top, and then they go and get jobs paying cash and make double the money !!

I have seen the future and it is not the internal combustion engine. Electric powered vehicles are on the way but how about air power. Coming to Europe next year. Check this out.

This gives me hope.

How about a BICYCLE???!!! When did everyone get so lazy?

I hope gas goes to $10/gallon by 2010. That should get people off their fat asses and out of their Escalades. Then it will be my turn to laugh. By then I will have my house finished, my rep collection topped off, and I won

Well I really hope you are not stupid enough to have an oil combustion heater in your house. But if you are swinging such nice and pardon me silly talks, I am sure you use other energy methods. Ever thought about people having to travel +50 km to work, probably not. :)

Well I really hope you are not stupid enough to have an oil combustion heater in your house.

Nope, not THAT stupid.

Ever thought about people having to travel +50 km to work, probably not. :)

I think about them about as much as they think about me. For the greater part of 15 years I have never lived further from my work (or worked further from my home) than I could get to comfortably on a bicycle. Everyone makes choices and for me those choices must necessarily included a realistic assesment of the future and about what constitutes responsible conduct in the context of a rapidly changing world. Others can do as they please, but let

I think in relation to Lanikai's original starter post in this thread, this article that appeared today is telling for us here on these tiny dots in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. High inflation and high housing & living costs has taken a toll on Honolulu, Oahu where the island showed a decrease in population from last year. Sign of the times.