When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Appreciation.... And my gratitude.

ubiquitous

Very recently, I had sold an item from my collection to a very kind and generous individual.

The transaction was as smooth as could be; both parties were pleased, and the manner in which the purchasing gentleman had conducted himself was exemplary.

However, imagine my surprise when the following gracious and extremely generous gift had arrived at my door step :o

IMG_3827.jpg

Completely unexpected I might add!

I was, and still am without words!

If you're reading this... And you know who you are... Thank you! From the bottom of my heart!

I have to say.... The membership here... The people who make this place special... Are second to none.

:o

@R

You are indeed correct in your assessment of the membership here...

And I for one am glad that you're a part of it...

Having had my own "exemplary" experience with you on the 1680 transaction - I can see why the gift was sent...

Thanks for sharing...

Double T

A fine gesture among two fine gentlemen.... Nice bottle. Let us know how you like it. It comes from a vineyard not too far from me, and as I recall is the oldest of the vineyards in its region having been planted back in the late 50s or early 60s timeframe... They turn out a great cab from grapes grown on those vintage vines, and I've only had the '99.

Guest porsche356a
Ubi, your a great guy and deserving! Whoever it was that sent it, they were very wise!

Wise indeed. :D And very very modest to boot :thumbs: Great gesture to and from very special members!

Guest carlsbadrolex
Irrespective of the generous member who did this I cannot think of a more deserving individual. Just promise me that you will use that first glass to toast Hot Terry. :lol:

I sure hope you arent talking about ME... Im far from HOT... And to make it clear, although I have very recently had an incredibly smooth transaction with UBI, I was not bright enough to think of such a kind gesture. The mystery member is still out there among us.

I know I'm probably sounding much like a broken record... But this community is truly unique. There are acts of kindness- spoken and unspoken- taking place here daily, and the folks we have here are truly the cream of the crop. I am humbled... And thankful to be a part of it!

As for the wine... The wife and I decided to save it for a special occassion. The bottle is already 11 years old; a few more years, perhaps? :D

kruz- When the time comes, I will toast to Hot Terri and Jessica :) You know, just to cover my bases...

Thanks all for the kind words and comments! All much appreciated!

Cheers!

R