When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

At last - An Aerospace rep!

OK.... like many here, I have been searching for a half decent rep of the Breitling

Aerospace. For those of you who aren't familiar with this model, here is a pic of the model

I lust after

Aerospace.jpg

Ok, Ok, quartz, but none the less a beauty, I think you will agree.

Well I tried asking Narikaa to search one out for me during his last trip to the Far East.

But no luck. I half expected this, because talk here on RWG and RG often tells of the

absence of such a rep. Something with not being able to replicate the digital displays

correctly, I believe.

Anyhow.... I was trawling through one of those 'other' sites and came across a near passable

rep. Not bad, I thought, displays look good, with black background and large light digits. Dial is

ok I suppose.....good enough, so what the hell, take the plunge.

So after a week or so, I had a nervous wait of 4 days, whilst my package was held in

customs. Tracking then confirmed that it was on the way home, and with eager anticipation,

I took delivery of the parcel the very next day following release.

After tearing at the wrappings I uncovered a lovely yellow Breitling box, with that attractive

silver lettering

IMG_3441.jpg

I opened the outer box to find a luxuriant bakelite box inside

IMG_3443.jpg

This is too good to be true, I thought. As there are instrutions and hang tag too!

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

Now, in anticipation, I extracted the bakelite case from the safety of the lovely yellow

outer box

IMG_3447.jpg

With excitement building I opened the case

IMG_3448.jpg

There it was, just as I had hoped

IMG_3450.jpg

HANG ON!!!! WTF!!!

IMG_3451.jpg

WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER POS!!! Nothing like the photo. Complete disappointment. Waste of

hard earned cash! :thumbdown:

I should have taken the fact that Narikaa couldn't find a decent rep as a warning. And I

stress that this POS is NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH HIM!!! I somehow knew that I would not get

what was pictured, but didn't even listen to my own conscience.

So as you have guessed it, the moral of the story here is better stick with dealers you can

trust. And if it looks too good to be true, it usually is!

I'm going down the pub!

To bad m8 ... u got me going there for a while all do this is no watch i have desired still i was looking forward to a good end ... and then the last to pictures :(

Well we all learn some day and still experienced members sometimes make exception and try the luck of the draw but usually ends like in ure case with dissapointment.

Hope it did not set u back to much ... don't go crazy down the pub with booze ... aint worth the aggro ;)

regards laz

Be warned my friends! B) Stick to those you know!

This is a good advice. If our dealers can't source a quality rep, it doesn't exist. This is true 99% of the time.

This is a good advice. If our dealers can't source a quality rep, it doesn't exist. This is true 99% of the time.

Yes maybe even more often than that........99,99 percent of the time

Interesting!

Well... Actually it is the best Aerospace replica I have seen so far, even though that is not a great honor.. At least they have tried to hide the pushers. If they fit the "gold on black" displays which are on some replicas, it will look much better.

How is the caseback on that one? Does it have the conversion factors?

Here are my Genuine Aerospace and replica Blackbird.. Best of both worlds imo.. :p

P5280753.jpg

I bought my Aerospace Avantage about two months ago. It is a good buy on the second hand market.

DSC_4707.jpg

Aerospace_infosheet.jpg

Did the dealer send pics of the watch before purchase? 'cause I'm zero anal when it comes to the "ultimate/ superduper/ 1000% exact" rep, I even like 21j asians, but I wouldn't accept the clear digital lcd... this is the exact same problem the tag monaco 69 has. too bad.

good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just back from 2 weeks in the sun in Portugal (brilliant!).

To pick this thread up again......

Ah, I'm sorry my friend. I searched long and hard for one for my brother too. The best I could find was this B-1. It is actually a great watch taken as it is, but it is not close enough next to the real thing. I still wear it once in awhile as it does look good on the wrist.

3367412_a669126a22.jpg

@chief360.... your B-1 has the digi display that I thought I was getting (and as was shown in the dealer pick). I would have been quite happy with the Aerospace rep (for the money) if only it had had that display. Don't suppose you want to sell it on do you? I am sure I could transplant one to the other with a little luck.

Interesting!

Well... Actually it is the best Aerospace replica I have seen so far, even though that is not a great honor.. At least they have tried to hide the pushers. If they fit the "gold on black" displays which are on some replicas, it will look much better.

How is the caseback on that one? Does it have the conversion factors?

@chrgod.... yes, the case back has the conversion graph, but in the middle of the back, is some cr*p about Bentley Motors Special Edition. They have hidden the pushers by using the small indented ones (you know, the type you have to use the tip of a ball point pen to operate), which I have not seen on other reps of this model.

I love your Aerospace BTW. I really lust after the painted italic numeral version. Bet you're pleased with it!

If it makes you feel any better, I had a great laugh. Thanks for posting it.

@faulex.... well, you have to laugh at yourself, once in a while. Brings you back down to earth.