When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2. Run of thick crowns!

SECOND RUN:

we are currently collecting orders for the second run of 2,1mm crowns which will be available for for eta automatic and handwind 6497 in these variations:

-s/s

-PVD

-titanium look (sandblasted)

We decided to make only 2.1mm (cost reduction) since the demand for these was higher. also like the first run, it will be a limited quantity due to financial reasons. We collect preorders now until end of next week, then the production will begin. Also we will have to take prepayments to have a little safety in our planning!

So, interested members please PM me for details and to reserve one! :)

the price will be 49 EUR+shipping registered letter (discount available if you take more than 4). PVD version is calculated at the moment, might be around 5-10 EUR additional for the PVD coating! that depends on how many i can send to get PVD coated

if someone wants to have it installed on his watch, i can offer that service. please PM me for details.

INFO FOR THE UPGRADERS:

As promised Pamela will offer a discounted price for all the members who bought crowns from the first run. First he announced 15 EUR, we are currently calculating if this is still possible because we have to make sure the expenses get covered, I am sure everybody understands that. The first run was more expensive than we initially calculated :( But IF we have to raise the upgrade price a bit, it still will be much less than the full price (we are speaking of a price in the range of 15-22 EUR, depending on the number we will make). Like it has been said before, this project is not about earning money, therefore its just too much work and time and we earn not much , the goal of all these work was to finally get some damn nice crowns :3a: I am happy when we come out in the + at the end -_-

To improve the handling of the upgrades, we decided that all the members who want to upgrade should contact me! I will handle this, confirm with Pamela and send out the crowns when these are available. All out of one hand should be better and reduce any possible confusion. But please give me some time to handle all the emails and PMs! :bangin:

Edited by palpatine

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My most heartfelt congratulations on the new titanium-look crowns too!

I too made a try several months ago about titanium-look on Lello's crowns, so I can figure how difficult it must have been to find a solution.

Your solution looks gorgeous! Great work!

do you offer a "how to" replacement guide for these crowns? I have read explanations on removing the eta crowns but not the asian 6497's.

thanks,

thom

yes, will do! i posted some infos how to do this in the first thread. its no difference if its handwind or eta...

but i will write these tips in a separate thread too!

@ssurfer: thanks! :)

I'm surprised that there was more demand for 2.1 over 2.0 since the gen is 1.9... I would have thought 2.0 would be most popular. Oh well, I'm still in for one!

Its ok if the rep stuff is a little bigger than real life, it will still look normal! its only a problem if its smaller than real life then it looks smaller!

(there is a size joke there somewhere but I'm not going to look for it :D )

if these are correct for the following models, i'm interested:

196 7753

212 7753

111h

183h

thanks palp :victory:

Hi, I havent heard back yet... just letting you know I am out of the country from Wednesday 19th until Sunday 23rd July, so don't go ahead without me!