When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2. Run of thick crowns!

Guys need some help so a quick question...

I do not own a PAM yet but I will eventually get an 005 or a 111h. Is the crown I need to order a SS Swiss/Asian Unitas one?

Will it defintely work with either an 005 or a 11H for DS or elsewhere? Or do I need to get a stem or something as well? Thanks.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys need some help so a quick question...

I do not own a PAM yet but I will eventually get an 005 or a 111h. Is the crown I need to order a SS Swiss/Asian Unitas one?

Will it defintely work with either an 005 or a 11H for DS or elsewhere? Or do I need to get a stem or something as well? Thanks.

In both cases, 005 or 111, you just need to order a crown for manual movement (i.e. caliber 120).

All crowns and stems are standard size and they will fit, provided you go with manual for manual and auto for auto (auto is caliber 90).

I've been on here awhile but never have posted. Just kind of been broswing. I sent several PM's regarding these crowns but never seem to get any replys. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or just suck. I picked up a Davidsen 177 right before Palp went off the grid. I would like to purchase 1 of the Ti crowns but no response from PAM. Is there a website to purchase or is it all done by PM's? Thanks for any help.

I've been on here awhile but never have posted. Just kind of been broswing. I sent several PM's regarding these crowns but never seem to get any replys. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or just suck. I picked up a Davidsen 177 right before Palp went off the grid. I would like to purchase 1 of the Ti crowns but no response from PAM. Is there a website to purchase or is it all done by PM's? Thanks for any help.

i got in contact with PM...the replies were a bit slow, but they always came...it takes patience to order...and to get them...

Euno-

If you are talking about gen crowns (do not want to steal the thread though) I did find one of my PVD's is 1.2. I have spoken to the seller and asked him to look through all he has left and I will take all the 1.2's immediately. Please no PM's but folks better show up for these before my wife checks the bank account. :lol: She has recently figured how much I have spent on this "hobby" and it is going to cost me. :bangin:

• 2 weeks later...
are you refering your post to kruzer's crowns or palps?

I think that Tourby is referring to kruzer's crowns, as palp's ones already come in 1.2 size too.

(Dadog, please have a look at the stem adapter/extender thread, I added a post that you might want to know).

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the issue is .9 versus 1.2mm stem hole. Although you can get an adapter I believe there is not enough room between the movement and the case tube to fit in the available adapter.

Can someone be a tiebreaker? One watchmaker whom I respect tremendously says the .9 can be retapped to fit a 1.2mm stem. Another watchmaker I respect equally tremendouly says no f'n way. Has anyone actually done this, or tried and failed?