When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's Here!

freddy333

Regardless the look (don't like the trip lock ring either, nor those bulky cg's), it is probably the most professional diving watch rolex ever made.

And lets be honest, Rolex needs to move on. They have always done research and advancements. Of course it was just a matter of time until they redo their sportslines.

This is going to be a huge success for Rolex, I am sure.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! thats NOT a rep!?!? ahahaha i looked at the pic, then started reading, the whole time in my head thinking it was a crappy rep, until i read some more, and somewhere near the bottom i realise this is fo real.

the dial just looks fake...

unless this is a rep...see i dont even know anymore.

Pics borrowed from you know where

dssd1.jpg

dssd2.jpg

Those are not the most flattering pictures and do not do this watch justice at all. This is one beefy watch, and from the other pictures I've seen, it looks great! The chunky crown guards work with the bigger case, the thick domed crystal, ceramic bezel, and titanium case back. This watch has it all. I have yet to see a great pic of the blue lume, but I'm sure it glows like a mother. The new buckle system looks pretty cool too.

I agree with SD4000. This is going to be a real winner.

rolex-sea-dweller-deepsea-side.jpg

rolex-sea-dweller-deepsea-helium-release-valve.jpg

Just like with everything Rolex...love and hate go hand in hand...

The Deepsea was designed to fit the needs of COMEX in the 21st century (They'll go deeper I guess :rolleyes: ) The dial and rehaut is just too busy...but it is true...probably THE professional piece of the sports collection. The dome thick crystal, the new size, the new bezel and insert, and the blue lume are nice additions.

The price tag is around $9K (about 30% + when compared to a 16600)...(10% construction 90% marketing as usual...but that's another story)

Cheers

Alex

Pics borrowed from you know where

dssd1.jpg

dssd2.jpg

I think those are bad pics and it is not a crappy dial or watch. If you check at the Rolex website you can see the dial is nice , the pearl OK and the numbers and markers on the ceramic bezel are recessed, the looks is good IMO, except for the writing on the rehaout which I am not sure how visible it will be in real life. I know some people who are already on the waiting list for the gen, and I agree with the members who think that this will become a success. I am sure many will go for it, if a good rep will come out. IMO, the GMT IIc that people like so much also looks ridiculous in some pictures with the big bold numbers on the bezel and the stupid ROLEXROLEX is also there.

The SDDS really is quite a watch -- a tool watch. Had Rolex given it an all-brushed steel bracelet (no polished links), I think more buyers would take it seriously. I just cannot imagine anyone wearing that massively hulking contraption on their wrist with any type of suit other than a wet 1, at least not with a straight face (or without a snorkel). :bangin:

(-)It does look a lot thicker.and look at those crown guards. hmmm. I don't care as much for the width, but this could be a potentially top heavy watch..oh, and following first comments in TZ of people who had just seen the prototype "forget wearing this with french cuffs"

(+)The bracelet looks to be a lot more refined. It reminds me the IWC's GST SS: it feels silky smooth yet strong.

SD versus SDDS

;)

sdanddstogether2.jpg

:shock: my god man that thing's a BEAST!

Would love some profile shots showing that domed sapphire crystal, and Ti caseback, not to mention the obligatory blue lume shot - all are used in the promo material but heavily manipulated images, would love to see 'real life' examples.

wow thats THICK!!! Is the crown the same? Looks bigger diameter but could be just the picture. The only thing i REALLY dont like about the deep sea are the crown guards :( yuck!