When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I injured my right eye quite badly at work today ...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's day 3 since the damage, and I am not making a lot of progress.

The swelling has not gone down at all, and the blood covers basically what used to be the white of my eye...not a pretty sight and not very comfortable.

Here's how I look today, quite gross but at least it's not terribly painful, more annoying than painful.

My apologies if this offends anyone, it actually looks much worse in person.

As you can imagine, watch work is not going to happen for sometime.

EDIT

I attached the image vs putting it on via photobucket, less gross this way...

RG

That still looks so painful...are you taking some time off work?

Haven't been to work since Monday, I think I'll go in tomorrow and get some stuff so I can do some work at home, but I am pretty well relegated to the couch and my frozen peas...

I just wish the swelling would go down, it's very uncomfortable with a donut in your eyeball. :)

RG

I had that happen to my eye.. when a baseball found it's way from a bat to my eye socket.. it will be that way for awhile Rob so quit touching it... be sure to keep up with the ointment if the doc gave you any and ice and warm compress.. if your doctor advised that... never mind the watches take care and please don't do the ... "it only hurts when I do this"

Takes time these injuries put they accelerate healing ater the first week or so..

DON'T TOUCH IT !!!

I have been to the ER at the local hospital, and they contacted an Optamologist, and basically I have to live with it...they can't drain it, for fear of infection and bleeding, and it's just got to run it's course.

There is only a sliver of white at the top of my eyeball, the rest is blood...what the pics don't show well is the size of it, it sticks out as much as my eyelids do...

Pass the peas please...

RG

I have been to the ER at the local hospital, and they contacted an Optamologist, and basically I have to live with it...they can't drain it, for fear of infection and bleeding, and it's just got to run it's course.

There is only a sliver of white at the top of my eyeball, the rest is blood...what the pics don't show well is the size of it, it sticks out as much as my eyelids do...

Pass the peas please...

RG

I know the feeling rob.. it looks friggin horrendous... if the retina was detached you would need surgery within 24 hours.. and you would be laying on your stomach face down for 3 straight months .. so conversley you were IMO lucky.. not to minamize the injury ... but shit that is vision we're talking about .. I'm sure the doc told you ibuprophen to bring down the inflamation... tylenol for pain ... you can alway's say that 5 Bikers jumped you and to protect J.. you beat the crap out of all of them.. :D

The colour will be there awhile brah...

... you can alway's say that 5 Bikers jumped you and to protect J.. you beat the crap out of all of them.. :D

Oh, I like that part...actually they were "Harley" bikers, making fun of our Boulevard's but Jenn and I showed them...didn't we...

And now I can say I got the "T-Shirt" as well :)

Off to bed with my frozen peas.

RG

Ouch again Z!

Stuff on tinternet says swelling can remain for 3-5 days before subsiding - the swelling is your body's way of protecting and healing apparently.

I had a much less significant eye injury a few years ago and one thing I learnt the hard way was not to take anything containing Aspirin or even Ibuprofen......just increases the bleeding!!!

Get well soon

S

Note to self - don't look at pictures of Rob's eye during lunch!!!

It looks pretty bad but I hope you'll get well soon... have lots of rest and avoid TV and the computer... listen to all the CDs and audio books you want to and get well soon !

Poor Rob, best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm pretty sure you can still relume better than just about anyone even with one eye. Get better soon!!

I was out of town for 2 days and the RWG world implodes: :o

1) The Zigmeister gets ready for Halloween early with his eye injury(get better soon!!!)

2) Chieftang is now Bulldog...gonna have to spend some time reading some threads to understand that one Brian.

3) Dani gets ripped off with a couple more high end reps

4) Ajoesmith says goodbye for moment

5) Big drama with the whole JAndrew cartel biz

6) Lani goes from gold rafflemeister to barney purple

am i missing anything else...? whew...:huh:

Thanks for that, I've been out of the loop the past few weeks too!