When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I injured my right eye quite badly at work today ...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Yes it does look a lot worse than it is, and my vision is still 100% this morning so I have no worries about any eye damage. The cornea is fine and the blood is limited to the white (red) part of my eye and only external.

Slept quite well propped up with an ice pack on the eye, although it still looks about the same this morning, the good news is that it appears to have stopped bleeding.

So all is well, I am in no pain, although my eye feels irritated and I want to scratch it (but won't) so it's just a matter of time until the blood gets absorbed back into the eye.

Until then, I think I'll go scare that little brat kid next door that has been pulling flowers out of my front garden...

RG

Rob, this is most likely going to last a while, to then get to full recovery at amazing speed.

Do not get discouraged because it is impressive and tiresome, you may count to get back as good as new.

Sorry it happened to you (were you on aspirina or other anti-inflammatory drugs by chance)?

My best wishes to the quickest recovery ever.

I'm really sorry, like the rest of us here about your unfortunate mishap, R... Hope this doesn't spoil the great summer you'd planned with Jennifer. Here's wishing you a speedy & full recovery soonest. All other commitments can wait now.

God bless.

[quote name='The Zigmeisterzumba' date='Jul 29 2008, 11:45 AM' post='49801

Until then, I think I'll go scare that little brat kid next door that has been pulling flowers out of my front garden...

RG

jesus The Zigmeister, that looks bad. i had a similar injury from hockey a few years ago ... except it was from a fist, not eyeglasses. lol. our team doctor had me wear a patch for the first couple of days. i forget the exact reasoning but you could mention this to your doctor as a second opinion. the good news is that the recovery will be a lot faster than you think. on a side note, i am trying to gain a referral to you through a few members so please be expecting e-mails on my behalf. when you're back in business please drop me a line ... i've got a genuine rolex project for you! take care and all the best.

Rob, for the umpteenth time YES! You look high! :rolleyes:

This guy just loves to brag when he gets the good [censored].

Seriously, I know you will be fine. Get well, best wishes for you and yours.

PS: if you do do that, lay off for a while and heal.