When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I injured my right eye quite badly at work today ...

I injured my right eye at work today, with of all things - my new reading glasses. While trying to remove my glasses, one of the arms hung up and snapped back into my right eye, breaking a major blood vessel.

I work about 35km from any major hospital so it was a very nerve wracking drive - alone - as my eye was filling up with blood and my vision was going blurry... I picked up Jennifer along the way and she drove the last 5km in to emergency, needless to say I was quite shaken up when I finally arrived (not from Jennifer's driving, but from my eye injury)..

Once you see the damage to my eye, you will understand that for the next while I am not going to be capable of any watch work.

If you are squemish or don't like the sight of blood, please don't scroll down and look at the picture, it's not a pretty sight. It's been a long day, and not a fun one at that.

Here's hoping that it gets better before it gets worse.

I chose one of the less gruesome pictures so I wouldn't gross everyone out.

I'll apologize here if this offends anyone.

RG

2.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ dluddy

Where is Holloween when you need it, or a Marilyn Manson concert ... :)

What the picture doesn't show well is that the red area is so swollen with blood that it looks like a donut with my cornea in the center...

Time will tell how it goes, hopefully I can get a full night sleep, I am just afraid that it's going to burst from the swelling.

RG

I have had something similar happen to me. Back in high school a friend and I were fooling around with Kendo sticks (look it up on wikipedia), but they are bamboo swords to train people to sword fight. My friend had been trained in sword fighting, and for some reason, he hit me square in the eye. I went down and couldn't see out of it for a couple of minutes, and my eye looked just like that afterward.

No permanent damage, but just letting you know it gets better after a couple of weeks. I hope you heal up quickly, you do this forum a great service.

BTW, I am no longer friends with the guy who hit me.

Yawzahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Holy crap, Rob! Jeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz! That looks bad! I hope it's just superficial and nothing serious! I wish you a speedy recovery! Hoping for the best!

Take care and take it easy foor awhile!

Hike