When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Week End Wrist Check

By-Tor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timing is everything

Tonight, I took 1 of the Newmans into town for some Italian (a few people we know tagged along with us). Good food, good conversation & a nice quiet evening out with friends. :gathering: Unfortunately, as the food came & the empty dishes went, I completely forgot to snap a wristie picture in the restaurant. :bangin: But, as we left, fate stepped in - the couple in front of us stopped outside the front door & the guy said something to his girlfriend like 'In front of all these people (referring to our little group), I have something very important to say to you'. And with that, he dropped down on 1 knee & began telling his girlfriend how much he loves & needs her while his girlfriend seemed mostly preoccupied with window shopping. But our hero endeavored to babble on unabatted & he obviously had no trouble multitasking, because as he was babbling he was removing a small box from his pocket. With this, it suddenly dawned on us what was about to happen & Mr. Right's long-windedness turned out to be a blessing in disguise since it gave my friend just enough time to grab his phone & snap a couple of quick pics (I know the quality sucks, but c'est la vie)

6241proposing4011a11.jpg

Timing, as they say, is everything & I had just enough time to snatch the phone out of my friend's hand to catch the wristie that I forgot to get in the restaurant :yeah:

6241proposing4011a21.jpg

So, congratulations to the lovely couple, whoever & wherever you are. :clap3::clap2::clap:

But, more importantly, thanks for backdropping my wristie, Ted. ;)

Mods -- As this is kind of unique, I was going to post it as a new thread in the General Discussion forum, but I thought you would just move it here (or bury it somewhere else where few would ever find it). But if you feel it merits a thread of its own (in General Discussion), feel free to move it.