When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heres an ad from Craigslist... Looks like Rolex is hiring!

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

A Leading Top 10 U.S. Online Wristwatch Retailer projecting over $500 million in 2008 sales (up 100% year-over-year) is expanding its retail sales division and needs 1 experienced Sales Representative (Sales Manager) to join its current online retail team. This representative will field incoming calls and sell genuine Rolex watches to our customers. We own the leading retail luxury watch website for our leading brand in 4 major markets (U.S.A., U.K., Australia, Canada). This is a management position and this sales manager will join our current board member team and be offered a performance-based equity stake after 1 year with the company, worth potentially six to seven figures. This position allows work from home after the initial training period of 2 weeks but requires that you live in the L.A. area as attendance at bi-weekly L.A-based meetings is mandatory.

This is a $500 million annual market. Revenues are expected to double again in fiscal 2009 (Q4 2008-Q3 2009). Compensation including base and commission totals nearly $100,000 in first year and over $125,000 in 2nd year for aggressive and experienced professionals. This company is run by a top 20 U.S. ranked MBA school graduate. An equity stake will be offered after 1 year with the company as we will be seeking a buyout, longer-term. Sales reps will be allowed to work from home after the initial 2-week training period but must live in the Los Angeles area (meetings every week in Hollywood). Sales conversations are highly technical similar to medical device/biotech sales. We will setup a broadband phone line for you. All incoming leads are provided through our advertising.

Please NOTE: This is a start-up environment and a work-at-home job. Individuals must be self-motivated, possess stamina, strong-at-heart, and be ready to make this a career. A potential buyout is possible that could result in a substantial economic gain for a new sales manager. Thus we want a TEAM player who will grow this business using their own business acumen, technical skills, and commitment towards achievement. Benefits include: Annual bonus, Equity stake, Healthcare reimbursement, Cell phone & internet paid, Lakers & other team tickets when available.

REQUIREMENTS (no exceptions):

*COLLEGE DEGREE FROM TOP 50 RANKED SCHOOL EITHER NATIONALLY, REGIONALLY OR SPECIALLY.

*GPA 3.2 or above (will be verified)

*Excellent Communication skills, sales tactics, energy and positive attitude are a must.

*Previous Technical, Phone, or Senior Retail Experience with strong, verifiable track record.

*Advanced Computer & Technology proficiency (Windows, Excel, Internet & Networking).

*Hours are approx. 11am to 7pm weekdays plus 9 to 4pm one weekend (one weekday off).

*The Basics (Working High-speed internet, Stable household, a working car, no criminal record)

*Must live in Los Angeles or L.A. country/vicinity or be willing to relocate (No O.C., Ventura, etc.)

*Affinity for luxury watches and the Rolex brand strongly recommended.

*MBA or high-level business training recommended

TO APPLY:

Please read our requirements. NO exceptions will be allowed

Please send (Required) your 1) Resume 2) A Brief cover letter stating your interest 3) A brief writing sample. (any 1-page essay or article you've wrriten at any time, a college essay, etc.) References are also recommended.

NO CALLS PLEASE

Hiring Organization: PLEASE SEND 1) RESUME 2) COVER LETTER VIA EMAIL 3) WRITING SAMPLE

$100K+ in YR1, $125K+ IN YR2 + Annual Bonus, Equity Stake, Healthcare, Internet, Phone, + more

Obviously, from the post it is definitely not Rolex doing the hiring ... it's a dealer at best, and probably not even an AD.

The education requirements are laughable. I love companies that only want to hire "top grads" for sales positions. I've run enough businesses to know where the education requirements are necessary, and where they are not.

Give me someone that barely graduated from high school, knows watches as well as many of the folks in this forum, and who also had a paper route when they were a kid. I guarantee he they would outsell all the Harvard grads and MBA's put together.

IMO sales is an art form. No formal training can make you a great salesperson. An "OK" one maybe, but not great. Great salespeople are a different breed, and I salute all of you who are. I also hire them whenever I can ... :D

A potential buyout is possible that could result in a substantial economic gain for a new sales manager.

This is a management position and this sales manager will join our current board member team and be offered a performance-based equity stake after 1 year with the company, worth potentially six to seven figures.

projecting over $500 million in 2008 sales

This is a $500 million annual market.

Please NOTE: This is a start-up environment

*COLLEGE DEGREE FROM TOP 50 RANKED SCHOOL EITHER NATIONALLY, REGIONALLY OR SPECIALLY.

*GPA 3.2 or above (will be verified)

I have owned and run a successful business for 24 years now. I would never B.S. with this line of "opportunity awaits to make big money after some other company comes along and buys us for a fortune". I have been pitched with this line a few times. This ad is all hype and no substance.

I have a friend who provided free legal work for a guy for 3 years. The guy was a stock broker who was constantly in trouble with the law and industry overseers. He was a master BS'r and hurt a lot of people and was in the end suspended for life in three provinces in Canada. My buddy did all the guy's legal work for free in exchange for 100,000 shares in a company this broker was a shareholder. This company was on the verge of being sold to either Microsoft, IBM or Oracle for more than $50 per share. Who knew on any given day who was buying it for how much eventually the price rose to over $100 per share.This company is a legit software developer with a good product but nobody has come up with any big money offer to buy it out. It has a software program that it developed that allows different database software to have a single user interface allowing the user to have to learn only one software but use it on multiple types of Databases.

So, my friend gave up approximately $80,000 in legal fees for three years work for these shares. He has been strung along for 8 years now that any day one of the big tech giant is going to come along and do the buy out and he will be able to retire and live the good life with a new $160,000 Mercedes, a Rolex Daydate and a really big boat . He has not seen a penny but he has brochures for the car, watch and boat.

IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Sun all passed on buying the company. This software company still hypes the buyout story and the principals sell off shares regularly to big dreamers with bucks to part with.

Moral of this story ... if it sounds too good to be true it likely is.

I am thinking that anybody who fits the criteria and sends in their resume could be the victim of identity theft. Just a thought.

It sounds like an investment group that wants to sell to high profile clients, who tend to prefer to deal with a polished & educated seller/dealer, thus the educational & writing requirements. Right or wrong, some employers assume that if you write well & have a good education, you are more likely to succeed. What boggles my mind is why they would post such an ad on craigslist instead of the Wall Street Journal or 1 of the major watch magazines? Or even TZ? But maybe they did.

CBR, it would be cool if you had any info on where to send resume, etc. to

This is a $500 million company- online wristwatch retailer out of the L.A. area.

But Rolex doesn't condone online sales- or at least didn't in the past. Richard Brown says Rolex produces 750,000 watches per year, say at an average wholesale price of $5000, that would be $3.75 billion per year in revenue. So this company's $500 million in sales is $250 million wholesale maybe- that's roughly 6.67% of Rolex's wholesale business- that's a pretty good chunk IMO.

I think it's all a crock of caca frankly! I'm off to google online watchretailers out of L.A.

Might be a laugh if someone turned up for interview wearing a rep! :p

Since that ad looks like a load of [censored], I don't think they would notice. Even if it is legit, I don't think they would notice. Places out to make a heavy profit on watches are, from my experience, the least knowledgeable about watches. Every time I have been to Tourneau they could not tell the different between Rolex and Timex but a small independent watchsmith I use can spot a fake from a long distance.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have sent the link to a couple people... Just search craigslist in either San Diego or Los Angeles, the guy posts this add at least 10 times per day. Very obviously after me reading it again (read it the first time after midnight...) that this isnt Rolex.

I sent him a resume showing I had an MBA from Stanford, own 11 Rolex watches, and am ready to start work tomorrow.

We will see if he calls me for an interview! I might just go!

T

Theres a lot of crap on craiglists job board....a lot of scam kind of ads....cash gifting....illegal pyramid schemes and the like....

The other day I was peekin around on the job board and came across a position at a local golf course working in the pro shop....It said...."Now hiring PT and FT pro shop sales positions....blah blah blah blah....apply in person only....no phone calls....excellent pay and benefits....etc....?

Since I was practically born on a golf course and have worked the pro shop before at a high end course here in town I figured its worth a shot....

So I jumped in my car and ran down there with a resume and some sharp threads....

I went to the pro shop and said that I would like to apply for the FT pro shop sales position....the guy says...."Hmm.....I didnt know we were hiring....well anyway....you need to tallk to John....he will be back shortly."

Shortly was about 30 minutes....I met with John and he says...."Well....we are not hiring at this time....I did not post any job listing on craigslist....and I dont think anyone in this company did....I would be the only one to do something like that....its the slow season right now and we dont have any positions available.....maybe in the Fall....Ill keep your application on file....blah blah blah blah...."

Either the guy is telling the truth or he is interrested in hiring a female....thats why he said apply in person only....im thinking of sending one of my attractive female friends down there to have a little chat with John to confirm my suspicions....

I dont think it was me or my appearance or anything I said....I was wearing black slacks....blue Hugo Boss dress shirt with matching black and Blue tie....nice polished black leathers....very professional....and if I must say so myself....I look pretty damn sharp when I want to....

So craigslist is officially on my shitlist right now....

Wow, 100k a year in LA. That will get you just above the poverty line. Good luck paying off that MBA student loan any time soon, sparky.

As said above, stupid requirements for a sales person. If you want a good salesperson maybe you can look at education but the best guys are born for it. Any great sales person would laugh at this pitch and that comp package would just get an eye roll. :rolleyes: