When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Royal Mail = flashback from the old Soviet Union

By-Tor

Royal Mail says thet Airsure, first class priority shipments from UK to another EU county takes 2-3 working days. Well, now my item has been sent last Friday, and the guy just called Royal Mail and he said that it's been sent to Heathrow 2/8 and it's still there... after 5 full working days.

Tracking gives the same information

We have received your item, posted on 01/08/08 and it is being processed for delivery abroad.

It's a valuable, fully insured packet so I'm not worried. I just wonder how f*cking difficult it is to put the damn package into the plane... to a destination country where there's probably 20 flights every day... from UK.

Royal Mail can suck my ****, I will never again use it for anything valuable. I'm not surprised they're losing their customers in a rapid rate. God save the Queen and Royal Mail! :D

Sorry guys, had to rant.

Sorry to hear that m8 i must say i have completely different experience with RM ... it took them max 5 days to deliver from UK to me here in Slovakia and that was top ... i have received packages as fast as 2-3 days regularly ... and there been a dozen.

Hope this is an isolated example ... once again sorry to hear this hope u will receive it asap.

Laz

I'm not literally worried, just pissed off. It's a gen, and it received an extra transit2insure for its full value.

Just pissed off... I have received packages from UK in less than 2 days from Precious Time here in Scandinavia. When you pay nearly 70-100 (or whatever) pounds for full insurances and special treatment you get three times slower and sloppier delivery. They advertise 2-3 days but when you call them they say that it can take up to 20 days... in the worst case scenario. That's what's bugging me.

F*cking wankers! :D

Every postal service is garbage. You should see Canada Post.

I once purchased a very rare book of Chopin sheet music for 80 euros... it was pristine condition hardcover edition with photographs of his original music and biographical history. An incredible book. The postman hillbilly somehow bent it clear in half, almost snapping it, so he could lodge it into my mailbox such that it would close. This despite the package being covered in "FRAGILE DO NOT BEND".

I have seen them throwing packages and I have seen them kicking packages. I once received three consecutive bank statements which had been torn open. Maybe you have to wait a few days extra... but how would you feel if some guy kicked it all the way from the truck to your doorstep? Oh, did I mention that 75% of the time you can't complain because that automatically means you are a racist KKK.

French post office beats you all guys !!! When they are not delivering your package, they lost or stole it and blame every other post offices in the world. And if you wonder why your mail doesn't show up, there is a rational explanation: S T R I K E !!! (it happened on last monday

Edited by docdoc

Royal Mail says thet Airsure, first class priority shipments from UK to another EU county takes 2-3 working days. Well, now my item has been sent last Friday, and the guy just called Royal Mail and he said that it's been sent to Heathrow 2/8 and it's still there... after 5 full working days.

Tracking gives the same information

We have received your item, posted on 01/08/08 and it is being processed for delivery abroad.

It's a valuable, fully insured packet so I'm not worried. I just wonder how f*cking difficult it is to put the damn package into the plane... to a destination country where there's probably 20 flights every day... from UK.

Royal Mail can suck my ****, I will never again use it for anything valuable. I'm not surprised they're losing their customers in a rapid rate. God save the Queen and Royal Mail! :D

Sorry guys, had to rant.

where r u in the UK?, am a lot on business in London. might be great to set up a GTG and show some rlx :-)))

Regular time for customs in Norway to use on parcels is like 3days thats horrible..I had a parcel stuck in Norwegian customs i shipped the parcel so it got stopped inlands for like 5days for a check of papers :wacko: Thats soviet for you..

I can barely understand when the shipment is laying in the customs of the destination country, but if they can't even SHIP the f*cking watch in 7 days from the source country, that's really some "first class priority" for you.

Yep RM sucks... That's may be due to the temperature... it may take 10 days now... Are there any postman working during summer time ?

I can barely understand when the shipment is laying in the customs of the destination country, but if they can't even SHIP the f*cking watch in 7 days from the source country, that's really some "first class priority" for you.

I would never use Royal Mail Airsure ever again, as it does not require a signature, unlike RM's International signed for service, which does....

The one parcel I did send to the EU in the past using Airsure, was left at the doorstep of the receiver, as no signature was required......

Not secure at all......

Stick with RM's registered mail, or use interparcel for items that are genuine....

Cheers! B)

That must be a heck of a watch for you to get so worked up By-Tor. :o

I look forward to wonderful photos when it does finally arrive....

And oddly, I just received a RM posted package in the CONUS... 3 days including the day in customs at JFK. I know the painful wait for parcels though... there have been days I've literally checked my tracking every 25 or 30 minutes and checked the mailbox hourly knowing full well that my postman always rings the bell when he drops a package for me. :p The anticipation of a new toy is always rough... and seeing a package stuck in the origin country for such a long time has got to be a killer.

Canadapost is far worse...you should ask the guys I just sold watches to two weeks ago...only 1 of them has received it so far. And I paid for expedited shipping!

gotta agree

i sent a package from LA to Ontario via 2-Day Priority Air last month, it took 3 weeks to get past the border

ViVe Le IdiocracY :D

When you pay nearly 70-100 (or whatever) pounds for full insurances and special treatment you get three times slower and sloppier delivery.

It's because they can't play soccer with it 'ol chap. Takes longer when they can't drop kick it across the loading bay.

Sorry to hear of your frustration BT..........and I hate to mention this, but presumably you've heard of the new Heathrow terminal, T5, and the chaos that ensued when they transferred the first flights to it? Well, they're in the final phase of flight transfer, so maybe this is contributing to the delay that you're seeing?

I've had no luck with airsure either, but international signed for has always been very good.

Looks like I'm not the only one frustrated with Airsure Read here

@prof: Yeah, I read about it... I also read how much they lose luggage there every day. Those figures are terrible. Dunno if this has anything to do with the delay though... but who knows...

I would never use Royal Mail Airsure ever again, as it does not require a signature, unlike RM's International signed for service, which does....

The one parcel I did send to the EU in the past using Airsure, was left at the doorstep of the receiver, as no signature was required......

Not secure at all......

Stick with RM's registered mail, or use interparcel for items that are genuine....

Cheers! B)

Yup, lost a very valuable MB pen (gen) a couple of years ago when I used the same service. Me and the buyer assumed the same thing happened. Thankfully it was insured, but it still gets me that some theiving bastard's got a

According to Royal Mail postal [censored] the shipment is in the Heathrow Airport... been there for 5 days now.

Probably in Terminal 5 ;)

BT, I'm sorry to hear this, and understand your frustration, but you need to get a grip here and calm down.

I have had nothing but good experience using RM both International-Signed-For and Airsure. And that's shipping gens too, which incidentally do NOT cost

Sorry to hear of your frustration BT..........and I hate to mention this, but presumably you've heard of the new Heathrow terminal, T5, and the chaos that ensued when they transferred the first flights to it? Well, they're in the final phase of flight transfer, so maybe this is contributing to the delay that you're seeing?

I've had no luck with airsure either, but international signed for has always been very good.

Ah I see you beat me to it, didn't see this.

I was joking however, as the well-publicised problems with T5 have nothing to do with this - it's a passenger terminal not a cargo/airmail facility.

Probably in Terminal 5 ;)

BT, I'm sorry to hear this, and understand your frustration, but you need to get a grip here and calm down.

I have had nothing but good experience using RM both International-Signed-For and Airsure. And that's shipping gens too, which incidentally do NOT cost