When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some vintage pocket watches...

RWG Technical

Wow. Those are some beautiful movements.

Is that Cortebert the same kind of Rolex Cortebert that can be fit into the Pam cases?

Yes...and the Cortebert's are both mine. :)

One needed a simple clean and oil, the 616 was cleaned, and I had to install a new Balance wheel Staff, as the old one was broken. All assembled, with new mainsprings, etc, both run and keep great time..

RG

Good lord...those are incredible!

I've been looking into the vintage pocket watches lately and am amazed by some of the prices! Significantly undervalued for certain brands...those are both beautiful The Zigmeister...glad the eye is better and thanks for the eye candy!!

One needed a simple clean and oil, the 616 was cleaned, and I had to install a new Balance wheel Staff, as the old one was broken. All assembled, with new mainsprings, etc, both run and keep great time..

RG

Thanks! Wow...beautiful. I saw a collection of old Ball and Elgin pocket watches at the Revelstoke train museum in BC. Very small collection, but still, very nice. Yours are definitely a step up in quality over what was there.

Lovely watches, the detail on the elgin is superb. Did it not have any glass over the face, excuse my ignorance I ve never seen a pocket watch in real life.

Good eye.

The ring that holds the crystal was missing...so I had no option but to leave it as is. Thankfully there is a cover that closes down over it all and protects the dial.

RG

first cortebert 616 is a vintage Panerai caliber, but the second cortebert 7xx has nothing to do with Panerai... this movement is very similar to Unitas.

should you need any spare parts for cortebert let me know... i have a lot. Most problematic on this movements is the click, click spring and yoke.

The Zigmeister,

I'm pleased that you posted pics of my old Elgin. It keeps almost perfect time.

One of these days I'll locate a retaining ring that fits, or can be machined to fit the

old boy, and install a crystal.

Pollux1, The Elgin is 100/105 years old.

Thanks again The Zigmeister for returning it to running condition.

Ziggy,

I'm pleased that you posted pics of my old Elgin. It keeps almost perfect time.

One of these days I'll locate a retaining ring that fits, or can be machined to fit the

old boy, and install a crystal.

Pollux1, The Elgin is 100/105 years old.

Thanks again Ziggy for returning it to running condition.

Almost perfect time, not bad after 100 years...I hope my reps keep good time and that I am alive in 100 years...

Hope you find the missing crystal ring.

RG

RG

Do you have a source for balance staffs? I need one for one of my cortebert movements!