When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

it's good to be home

deltatahoe

as many of you know, i've been in the process of moving from san francisco to los angeles for the past month. this picture pretty much sums things up.

dsc02161kd2.jpg

while i still have a couple more boxes to get through, my new place is finally starting to feel like home. anyways, just wanted to post here and let my friends here at RWG know i'm back in the game ;)

given i had to take a break from RWG while moving, i figured the best way to get acclimated again would be to buy a watch :lol:

so after reading lanikai's great review, i went for the big pilot. the fixed power reserve doesn't bother me one bit, as i plan on having the hand adjusted to the 'full reserve' mark when i get the crystal double AR'd by chieftang. as for the sunken date, i'm not too concerned about that either -- i've lived with the sunken date on other watches before without it bothering me much.

so keep an eye out for a review from me sometime in the next couple weeks, complete with a couple family pictures ;)

speaking of the iwc family, i received my ingy back from getting double AR coated right before i moved, and all i can say is wow -- this watch looks incredible with a quality AR coating -- the dial absolutely pops. i took a quick picture outside; i think you'll see many more outdoor shots from me in the future -- the natural light is great for taking photos.

dsc02211vw9.jpg

that's all from me; just wanted to say hello to everyone; it's good to be home :victory:

one quick final parting shot from my front patio:

dsc02188ul9.jpg

maybe this move wasn't such a bad idea after all :D

deltatahoe

thanks guys; it is really nice to get settled into my new place -- i think i'm really going to like it here.

@teejay, it's funny you mention having good neighbors. the day i arrived, my next door neighbor was sitting on his porch hanging out with his wife and a couple friends, and about thirty seconds into our conversation he says "let me see that piece of crap watch you've wearing" :o

i was wearing my (thankfully) genuine pam 112 at the time, so i take it off and when i hand it to him, he passes me his watch...

anybody want to guess what he was wearing? :D

deltatahoe

thanks guys; it is really nice to get settled into my new place -- i think i'm really going to like it here.

@teejay, it's funny you mention having good neighbors. the day i arrived, my next door neighbor was sitting on his porch hanging out with his wife and a couple friends, and about thirty seconds into our conversation he says "let me see that piece of crap watch you've wearing" :o

i was wearing my (thankfully) genuine pam 112 at the time, so i take it off and when i hand it to him, he passes me his watch...

deltatahoe

My gosh, you moved in next door to JETMID!!! :o

.....so the guy hands me his fiddy and is like, look honey brad has a panerai too :bangin:

definitely looking forward to more watch conversations with him, although he doesn't seem to be an enthusiast -- one his buddies is into pams and he just liked the watch, so he bought it from his friend.

it's nice to have good neighbors, although i may have be stealth wearing watches around him :ph34r: until i tell him a little secret about some of my watches :)

deltatahoe

deltatahoe

.....so the guy hands me his fiddy and is like, look honey brad has a panerai too :bangin:

definitely looking forward to more watch conversations with him, although he doesn't seem to be an enthusiast -- one his buddies is into pams and he just liked the watch, so he bought it from his friend.

it's nice to have good neighbors, although i may have be stealth wearing watches around him :ph34r: until i tell him a little secret about some of my watches :)

deltatahoe

Awesome, that's definitely the way to roll B) Nothing worse than bad neighbours, but it definitely sounds like you've landed on your feet in this situation :) I hope things continue to go as well in the future :good:

What beach is that in your porch pic?

P.S. Have an In-n-Out double double for me!!

it's manhattan beach ;)

i may just take you up on that suggestion -- it's been a couple months since i've had in-n-out. the double double is really something -- arguably the best value in all of fast food.

deltatahoe