When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most WIS thing you've ever done?

whitestripes

I like to charge up the lume on a dive watch, make sure the crown is screwed in, line up the pearl with the minute hand, then hop in the shower...

in the dark! That way the watch is in its "natural habitat." I can't believe I do this, but you should try it, it's kind of fun, tracking (shower) time. What's the geekiest WIS thing you do/have done?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to charge up the lume on a dive watch, make sure the crown is screwed in, line up the pearl with the minute hand, then hop in the shower...

in the dark! That way the watch is in its "natural habitat." I can't believe I do this, but you should try it, it's kind of fun, tracking (shower) time. What's the geekiest WIS thing you do/have done?

Well certainly not this. :)

I gotta say, throw in a couple of chickens and Sarah Palen, and you have a truly one of a kind, perverted WIS experience!

For me, the regular daily stuff seems to include...

Probably wearing a watch on each wrist to keep them both wound throughout the day. Or wiping off the crystal with a small cloth to keep it dust free... Usually 3 - 10 times within a minute. I've also been known to stand in front of the watch box around midnight to watch the date changing on the watches that have them. My wife's favorite, however is when I'm staring at one of my watches and she asks what time it is, only to hear me reply 'uh, I dunno, let me check'. Usually get a pretty funny eye rolling from that one.

BTW- For charging up lume, I find that using one of my car's HID headlights works really well. You can really get those markers charged up in just a few seconds...

When I have a day off and I'm at home, I often wear and rotate different watches during the day, and don't even bother to set the time. Sometimes I have to ask my fiancee what the correct time is.

Geeky, eh? :D

Using the units per hour scale on a Daytona to see how long it takes for my garden hose to fill a gallon bucket, thereby getting the "gallon per hour" flow rate. I also attribute this behavior to working with engineers all day.

:partytime:

Done that with the tap to show my daughter how a tachemetre scale works other than speed, she was 6 at the time, but kids ask questions dont they and i hate it when people dont answer with a good answer, she did regret the time shea asked why the blue christmas lights were not as bright as the wight light, then it gott all into freqencys but in the end she undersood how radar and sonar work,

Sometimes when I'm out helping my buddy coach his cubscout troop I gather the buggers around a circle, pull out my watch and say... "now let's syncronize watches". To this they look at me like I've been smoking the good stuff. You should see the looks on their faces.