When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most WIS thing you've ever done?

whitestripes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes when I'm out helping my buddy coach his cubscout troop I gather the buggers around a circle, pull out my watch and say... "now let's syncronize watches". To this they look at me like I've been smoking the good stuff. You should see the looks on their faces.

I hope they all have B&R's :)

I rub my PO on my b*lls while singing old REO Speedwagon songs wearing a corset...

:rofl:

Good thread!

I once checked out the genuine Jaeger le Coultre Master Memovox Compressor of a distant friend. ( This is the only true watch nut among my friends). After the initial "oohh" and "aaahhs" I replied without thinking: " The date does not align properly! :lol:

Man, he had not expected that! :lol:

For me, the regular daily stuff seems to include...

Probably wearing a watch on each wrist to keep them both wound throughout the day. Or wiping off the crystal with a small cloth to keep it dust free... Usually 3 - 10 times within a minute. I've also been known to stand in front of the watch box around midnight to watch the date changing on the watches that have them. My wife's favorite, however is when I'm staring at one of my watches and she asks what time it is, only to hear me reply 'uh, I dunno, let me check'. Usually get a pretty funny eye rolling from that one.

BTW- For charging up lume, I find that using one of my car's HID headlights works really well. You can really get those markers charged up in just a few seconds...

I don't have a car, but, I do have a UV torch... I've found that gives the best charge to the lume :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've used one of my (photo) flashes to light up my lume before going into a darker room, from an inch away. Funny how much that can light it up, a pretty full charge. Just don't look at it while you do it, or you won't be able to see much of the glow (or anything else).

umm..........................................................i do the YMCA with all of my watches on my arms??

ok no really........... i always charge my lume with my car HID's before i walk into a bar, club or a movie.

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting this old thread after stumbling on to it after doing a search for "Memovox". -- which is probably going to be my first non-Rolex watch in a while.

I have an 8 bay watch winder that has 4 independently controlled turntables. I stand there and turn them on as the former winds down so that no two turntables are running at the same time. This way, I can't hear the winder when I'm in bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with all of the lume freaks, before turning in for the night I always charge the lume up under a bright light. If I wake up for any reason during the night, I check my watch, to see how bright my lume is, not what time it is ;)