When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobie needs help...Is this submariner real or rep?

SOmebody offered this to me and asked if its real or fake. I thought I knew a lot about reps and classified it as real just by feel, looks, sound of rotor, bezel ticks, and sealson the stem and of course nice crown guards but I wanted to open it up....I opened it up and was confused....Now I need your opnions before I offer to buy it. Never seen a real rolex on the inside so thats why I need your help.....

heres to hoping its real.

Real...for sure...real cheap!! That movement cracks me up. At least they "tried"to put in the red wheel. The movement isn't even worth the top dollar ($12) of a better quality DG2813.

Don't buy it...it's junk.

Looks just like a DG2183 to me, but it is no noobmarina

If you do buy it, PM me and I'll give you some money for the movement. That one is worthy of my museum. There is a local WIS collector I would love to show that to. Gotta love the Chinese. Almost looks like a 3135 - well not really - but the rotor kind of does - maybe for starters they could make the reversing wheel red instead of pink? Love it...

Not for nothing, but did you ever consider just typing "Rolex Submariner Movement" into a search engine and finding a picture to compare it to? If you want to learn about Rolex watches and watches in general so you can get good at evaluating all your future replica purchases you kind of have to get good at doing sopme simple research. Just a suggestion to help you in the future.

SOmebody offered this to me and asked if its real or fake. I thought I knew a lot about reps and classified it as real just by feel, looks, sound of rotor, bezel ticks, and sealson the stem and of course nice crown guards but I wanted to open it up....I opened it up and was confused....Now I need your opnions before I offer to buy it. Never seen a real rolex on the inside so thats why I need your help.....

:stupid: