When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where's wally....ok Ken...part two

KB

There is probably many who have noticed that I haven't been online much over the last couple of weeks, there is two main reasons for this.

The first is that a little over a week ago my back injury flared up again meaning that I have not been able to sit at my computer for more than a couple of minutes at a time in fact only two days ago I was still using a walking cane to get around.

This is now getting much better but......

Last Friday my Mother was admitted to hospital with (although serious) a non life threatening condition yet due to an unfortunate situation (nurse error) she is now in a coma.

We have spoken to the doctor in charge and barring a miracle with tests being done today I expect to be asked to make a decision on turning off my Mothers life support in the next couple of days.

My Mother has had a wonderful life and at 80 she has had a better run than many so in one respect the family feels that maybe it is just her time, yet the grief is still very strong, maybe even stronger due to her long life as she has been with us all this time and she has never been feeble but a strong determined woman up until she was admitted last Friday.

The old timers here will recall that a year ago I was in a coma in hospital myself, my 6yo daughter remembers this well and she was of the belief that like Daddy, Grandma would simply wake up.

Last night I sat my girl down and explained that Grandma may not wake up and that it is likely it is her time to go to God...sometimes being a Father is so bloody hard.

Please everyone stop PMing me, my family and I need a little time to sort through this and once we do I will get back to you all as soon as I can.

Ken

Guest carlsbadrolex

WOW Ken, I truly wish you and your family strength to deal with such decisions. Your a true gentleman, and it was always a pleasure dealing with you.

You are in my prayers!

T

You wont remember me Ken but we exchanged communications some time ago and I've never forgotten what a kind, caring, generous and genuine person you are so it hurts me to learn of the dreadful pain both you and your family are enduring at this tragic and heartbreaking time.

Everyone on your forum respects and cares about you and your loving family and I sincerely hope all the heartfelt and real messages you are receiving will give you even a small degree of comfort during this deeply distressing time.

With all my thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathies Ken

X

KB,

My dear friend.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you through this most difficult time.

Having met your Mum, this is just shattering news.

As others have said, say strong mate, and give me a yell if I can help in any way.

Our love and our thoughts are with you.

A, Cath, and "family"

Offshore

My dear friends,

I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time, unfortunately though it seems that my Mother wont be coming home.

We had a discussion with the treating doctor today and she stated that although she is doing one last test it is of her opinion that mum is brain dead.

We have my brother just arrived from interstate and my niece has driven in from the country, tonight we will all meet to say one last goodbye then give the go ahead to switch off.

Vale.......Leslie Kay Berg

Ken

Ken--

My heart goes out to you and your family. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. It is never easy to say goodbye to a loved one. Just remember all the wonderful thoughts and good times... and she will live on in your hearts and memories for eternity. All my best to you my friend. Thousands of miles may separate us, but if you need anything you know how to reach me.

Sincerely-

J

Once again I thank you all for the kind words.

My Mother's funeral will be held next Wednesday (24th), there has been a certain hold up due to the fact that an autopsy was needed to determine the cause and time of death....long story but she would have been home fit as a fiddle by now except for a major stuff up by the nurse in charge.

I do pop in for about 5 mins each day but I will slowly return to my normal postings later in the week.

Ken