When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

nobody wants MBW vintage anymore :(

Dizzy

Whats with the sudden surge of vintage MBW's for sale here? many modded 1665's and 1680's in the sales section.. makes me sad that people are falling out of love with them. BUT if i was in the market to buy one.. now is the time.

I would never sell mine.. ever..

yeah for sure.. its a GREAT time to buy. When i was searching for my modded 1680 i waited for a year for the right one.. now there are at least 3 for sale that i would jump on haha.

Diz, never say never again ;)

I don't think members are not loving their vintages anymore.

It's more about getting some genuines now that they growned up in the watch hobby... :rolleyes:

Imagine you would suddenly want a 1665 GW!

A genuine one with rail dial, all papers, serviced but with no service parts... :g:

You would have to sell some franken no?

Ok, I have to admit I won't sell my 1665s and 1680s unless I could recover 100% of what I put in them, which is very unlikely to be the case.

Even so, I would only have a small part of the price of a GW anyway.

I won't ever have the budget for a genuine example of these models and prefer to spread my budget in several "modern"genuines.

Same goes for all variations of the no date Subs of course.

But, Diz, don't feel sad! We all love vintage Rolex :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i guess you are right, I wouldnt mind getting another gen white dial 1680... no more talk about rail dials or im gunna have to upgrade my 1665 again lol

JUST DO IT DIZ :p

How much is a 1680 White going for these days ?

I mean a real great example all original (no service parts exchange)!

prob $6000+ i would guess... with full box and papers prob more $... sold mine about 7 yrs ago for $1200, all orig but no papers... yes im an idiot :(

Wow, I imagine this is the low "quote".

It should go for 10K complete (with papers and so on).

A gen, without papers, is still a gen though!

Papers are nice of course, but if you don't have them, you can still have some sort of authentification anyway.

I'm so sorry you sold yours for that amount Diz.

Ubi you wife is a smart woman ;)

Indeed. She's the brains of the family :) She knows me well, and knows how I work. She's also endured many hours of me driving her crazy with my obsession in this hobby and knows how much time I spent hunting these parts down. So, I think her actions were partly for her own sanity as well ;)

white 1680's are going for $10k now? holy crap.. but i guess its about right.. if it still had the orig 24-702 crown and tube and orig everything...

the red 1680's are getting rediculous $$$ but the white dials are quickly catching up

Indeed. She's the brains of the family :) She knows me well, and knows how I work. She's also endured many hours of me driving her crazy with my obsession in this hobby and knows how much time I spent hunting these parts down. So, I think her actions were partly for her own sanity as well ;)

Your lady must be a gem Ubi.

Still looking for a lady who would like my hobby and protect me from going to far :D

I never cared about the plastic crystal on 1680... or the dome on the vintage SD. I don't know why... I know how legendary watches these are, but for some reason I prefer the sapphire models. Yeah I know... blasphemy! :D

Actually I wouldn't mind owning a vintage MBWs, but I don't want them enough to invest so much money on a rep. It takes about $800 - $1K to build a good one (I assume) and that's just too much for someone who isn't crazy about them.

1675 is an exception of the plastic crystal models... I love it... but there is no rep. :(

good luck finding someone who understands... my GF thinks im insane and should be put in a padded room...

heh, at least you have one. Mine left me, but at least I got my bday present first. Finding it almost impossible to wear though. This reminds me, I need to change my avitar.

DSC02721.jpg

I am selling of mine as i need to fund my next purchase ... i have course regretted asap i send the 1665 on Monday to the new owner but still ATM the decision is correct one ...

About remorse point anyone who invested so much money and time and love into building the watch will once when selling it for sure regret it at some point ...

In the future im sure i (Tribal) will build more ...

regards Laz