When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16200 Franken Datejust

w.genzo

My girlfriend loves the white dial 16200, but when I discovered it, I had just finished a 16014 dj with a blue dial, so she started wearing that one.

When I told her that I had decided to sell that piece (to lazarini :)) it had already grown on her and she didn't want to let it go anymore..

So I had literally to steal it from her wrist, I felt guilty, so I had to start another project.. well I love to say "I have a reason to start another project!" :D

It was quite difficult to find the exact milky dial, but I was lucky enough, and the icing on the cake was a gen 78360 brand new bracelet for a fair price.

Thanks to Stilty and kelster for your help!

Genuine 16200 case

Genuine crown

Genuine crystal

Genuine datewheel

Genuine 78360 bracelet +gen springbars

Genuine dial

2892-A2 ETA movement, 3 wheels replaced

Tudor hands

Of course, Stilty's spacer ring

That's how it started:

IMGP1329.jpg

And here the result, will she like it?

IMGP1351.jpg

IMGP1358.jpg

IMGP1356.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks guys!

The datewheel is a 3135 one, and I replaced the hour wheel, cannon pinion and forth wheel because the standard 2892-A2 doesn't clear the hourmarkers.

After that, the custom spacer ring makes all the rest sooo quick.

I also prefer the white dial on SS rolex watches (daytona, DJ, explorer I) and I also chose my gen 116200 in white.. both are 36mm

85b26ab3.jpg

• 4 years later...

Search is a beautiful thing. Might want to try it, instead of bringing up multiple old threads (this one's from 2008) asking people who probably don't still own the watch for pictures.

For example, this is the best DJ thread I have seen,

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/158976-diy-how-to-make-a-frankenjust/

Whole set of instructions on what to do with the movement ring.

asking people on old thread is an act of searching. i found this topic you just sent me as well.

no need to be arrogant with your "searching is a beautifull thing you might want to try it" coz guess what? i don't give a f... about what you think.

i am just looking for information, and i don't think i'm bothering anyone here

Well, the information you said you needed was in that thread, and also in several threads by Stilty using his rings.

And since you don't "give a f... about what you think", I guess I won't bother cracking the case of my franken and shoot the picture I would have if you said you still needed it after reviewing the other threads.

Good luck with your search.