When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I went for a little bike ride this morning....

Nanuq

It was 19 degrees and perfect conditions!!! :tu:

Two trails diverged in the wood...

5.jpg

I was on my snauxbike

1.jpg

The trails were open and fast, it was a bluebird day.

3.jpg

The creek isn't quite frozen yet

6.jpg

Here's something you don't have to consider most places you ride

4.jpg

There was some nice hoarfrost along the creek

8.jpg

@Chino

You just keep riding until your legs fall off. :D Seriously, I make sure my pack has nothing breakable in it, and if I get REALLY tired I stop and put the pack down next to a tree and sit on it and lean back in the sun and take a breather. I'm usually good for an hour of riding before I need to take a break... if it's really an epic ride then I'll stop several times and have some water and nuts at the midpoint. I have to make sure my midpoint happens before my water bottle freezes... no way am I putting it inside my pack!

Sorry for the nasty blurry photos... my iPhone has got some goo on the lens and it's all blurry now.

that's a beautiful view... really something to envy. Can you tell the global warming effects around?

I guess you must... what do you put on to go out and excercise? a gore-tex bear? :D

that looks like serious fun, haven't you found any dangers around?

that's a beautiful view... really something to envy. Can you tell the global warming effects around?

I guess you must... what do you put on to go out and excercise? a gore-tex bear? :D

that looks like serious fun, haven't you found any dangers around?

Boy I dunno about the warming effects... This was almost the coldest summer EVER here in Alaska. For sure there are dangers, 2 people were mauled by bears 1 mile from my home this summer. So we are careful when we go out. Today I only saw moose and hare tracks.

I must say I love Nanuq's pic's of Alaska even though I know i will never find myself there, mainly due to my allergy of large bears. :D

Ken

Pfffft! The bears here aren't THAT big... Here's a little Brownie at the airport.

kodiak.jpg

Damn Nanug, I am stoked to see that I am not the only one still riding a hard tail.

After all these years I am still on an IBIS Ti Mojo.

It snowed here in the Rockies this weekend, and I managed a good ride while it was snowing...before the trails got too knarly. Over for us soon.

Nice tires my man.

Ride on dude.

Thanks Jeff! I actually dumped my suspension bike for a Kona 29er for a couple reasons... The hardtail climbs like a goat and I can't ride lazy over obstacles anymore. Man studs are expensive for it, like $135 a pop. Then I use the Pugsley when the snow is more than 6 or 8" deep on the trails. Last winter I got into some axle deep powder and it was heaven.

Have you seen Pete Basinger down your way with the GDR team? If you do tell him Bob says hi.

hatcher2.jpg

hatcher1.jpg