When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about wm9 sub

poloso

according to wm9 George, the PT subs are from the 100 initial watches of the 2nd gen wm9 subs which wm9 will release soon. wm9 dumped this stock because it didn't get the CGs shape where it wanted them to be. They are still great esp. at the price PT is selling them (even the 1st gen is lot more than that), just lack the full sets of upgrades like superlumed dial and hands, upgraded dial, upgraded CGs, upgraded dw overlay, upgraded bracelet with hollow mid-links. They are esp. good if you want to build a LV sub since wm9 doesn't offer the LV.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

wm9 is kind of a grey area around here, some think he's alright and totally worth the premium, others put him in the same class of dealer as those selling genuine 27 jewel swiss movements with 440 steel. you may want to check out eurotimez euromariner, the new batch from him is cheaper than wm9 and has been revised with no engraving and better crystal. chris from eurotimez is also a well received dealer here

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

For all I know George/wm9 its a scammer, I remember in the past the story of some members confused by the words on the wm9 site, see the issue of gold. This happened simply because none of our dealers had find the factory which produced those. Now the source is found, for me, we do not need George and even to call wm9 for these reps. If they improve will be responsible for the market and not for imput of George and his false forum.

Edited by MAHLER

@mahler: what source is found? I don't think so. What about the MBW/MBK/Euromariner? Same factory, right? The MBK/MBW/Euromariner is distinctly a different watch with different components from wm9. Same factory? I doubt it. You don't see the MBKs use the same dial, or crown? Not to mention on some MBKs not using gen style crystal?

I myself have been waiting and waiting for the wm9 sub to be cheaper, or some forum collectors to sell them cheaper. No, nothing after all these months since the 1st gen wm9 sub was released. But now PT has these subs? PT possibly found the source. Fact is these PT subs are newer, more upgraded, better than wm9 1st gen sub and the MBKs. George's claim might be true. The PT subs are possibly, for lack of a better term, 1.5th gen wm9 sub. When wm9 releases its 2nd gen sub, we'll know if it's better than the PT sub. The price $530 for the 2nd gen is reasonable, finally. That's all that matters, reasonable price with respect to what the watch comes with.

"Scammer" or not, wm9 does have a kickass product that we want to get our hands on at a reasonable price. I'm not here to defend wm9 or George. I was gonna announce this later. I will bring wm9 watches to the forums. I've looked at MBKs, not quite what I want. wm9 is what I want, esp. with the upgrades at pretty much the same price. In addition, wm9 has other 1:1 efforts going on. I'm extremely careful 'cause I'm putting on the table. If I got scammed, so be it. But I gotta try. It's a reasonable risk for me to take.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

bklm1234 will be the time to give the answers. I believe is only a matter of time.

Wow... i love this kind of "fights" . :gathering:

BK risk taking seems quite reasonable for him but have we heard of anyone scammed by WM9 ?

Chris is perfect to deal with, by far the best service we had got here imo and his improvements seem very promising plus safe: Everyone knows the top quality of Clarks crystal..

WM9 claims that their next subs will be even lumed.. All these make the story of the best sub interesting..

You'll be dealing with me if you get your wm9 watches from me. I guess I take that risk out of the equation for forum members. I'm not announcing or taking orders because I have to see the watches with my own eyes first. I will be assembling the wm9 subs I sell. I want certain things done by myself, e.g. installing dw overlay.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

As an RWGI and II oldtimer, and with personal experience purchasing from WM9 direct, I have had zero problems or issues dealing with them. They've always delivered promptly, with excellent communication and after sales support and they've done a great job in their most recent offerings as far as quality is concerned.

Price... Yes, they're a little pricey. I'm not here to tell you how to spend your money. For my money, however, I'm satisified with what they provide.

I have had several dealings with George (WM9) without any issue whatsoever and was one of the first to get the PT/WM9 sub and have also had all the other Subs and can say without doubt that the WM9 series is different in many ways to the euromariner and MBK/MBW subs. They are not from the same factory and the comments from BKLM1234 about the reject models is correct and I imagine that the supply to PT may dry up soon when the latest watch from George is released after the much awaited Yachtmaster08 watch.

Both Ubi and myself are waiting for the Yachtmaster from George and we have both been around a long time in this game and doubt we would be scammed quite so easily or activley promote a scammer on this forum.

Pt's Sub is a very good price and you will get what you see in the pics but the upcoming watches from George do have value added extras which partly go towards the increased price asked on his website. His attention to detail is in my experience very good and for those who want to they can add genuine bits in place of some of the rep parts and end up with a very convincing frankenwatch. It all depends on what you want out of your timepeice. B)

The WM9 Sub I reviewed is the best 16610 without any doubt whatsoever. It's light years better than the MBW, and definitely NOT the same watch. The finish and fit of the SELs is superb. The crown is almost indistinguishable. Datewheel is amazing (unlike on the old WM9 model).

The only thing missing are the pearl and super luminova (which George's new update will include).

Cg's are also possible to modify to perfect condition. You only have to "straighten the insides" which even a clumsy guy like me can do.

00258_IMG_0674_122_655lo.jpg

Look at it from this angle. Anyone who has owned gen Subs and GMTs know how it should look... and WM9 is absolutely spot on. George must be doing something right. For $330 w/ gen ETA this is a great buy (imho).

IMG_0703.jpg

Look at it from this angle. Anyone who has owned gen Subs and GMTs know how it should look... and WM9 is absolutely spot on. George must be doing something right. For $330 w/ gen ETA this is a great buy (imho).

sorry absolutely spot on is different :D

when i was holding my PT Sub in one hand - the gen in the other - well there are worlds between them .

but with a lot of mods and $$ in gen parts its the best rep sub for sure ;) and will stand the test on pics

maybe :)

but its still far far away from the real deal.

back to topic : this George is just a little scammer with nice connections - i really can believe that some long

term members starting to praise him ...... wasn't he selling the famous Noobmariner for 500 bucks ?

isn't his website full of bla bla bla scamsite [censored] ? come on - this are the same watches we have for years now -

they are getting just upgrades - no need to pay more than 500$ unless you really don't care about money.

cheers,

Frank

back to topic : this George is just a little scammer with nice connections - i really can believe that some long

term members starting to praise him ...... wasn't he selling the famous Noobmariner for 500 bucks ?

isn't his website full of bla bla bla scamsite [censored] ? come on - this are the same watches we have for years now -

they are getting just upgrades - no need to pay more than 500$ unless you really don't care about money.

Frank-

I'm only stating my own personal experiences that I've had with George. Have you bought anything direct from WM9? Have you owned their actual watch in hand? Not the PT or the Euro, but received something that WM9 has delivered directly to you?

Frank-

I'm only stating my own personal experiences that I've had with George. Have you bought anything direct from WM9? Have you owned their actual watch in hand? Not the PT or the Euro, but received something that WM9 has delivered directly to you?

well - how could i ? :o i mean - we have the same discussion for years.

i studied the hole WM9 site - ready every lie that is published there - also the silly forum :D

my goal was to find out if the Sub from PT is the same, thats why read it all ... yes it is btw.

i dont want to repeat the whole crap that is published there but when i read "Rolex trained watchmaker "...

this time in the states - not in Cambodia - like other scammers pretended - then its enough already for me :)

i had a lot of "TW-Best" and "MBW" or whatever watches and compared to the PT Sub.

i see a lot of similarities -

a very nice rep - would be even nicer if it would be sold for what its worth ($250 imho)

cheers,

Frank

I can't speak to PT's Sub, or ET's Sub, or whatever as I don't own them. Nor would I speak to the characteristics or quality of those watches (even if purported to be the same) unless I had personal experience with each. I have owned my fair share of 16610 reps however, and have personally hand modified the good majority that have come and gone in my collection. I can honestly say that while there are similarities, this is certainly NOT the same old Sub that we've had for years.

As for WM9's marketing- I never said that what they're claiming on their website is correct or right for that matter (nor would I defend that aspect of their website). What I can attest to is the quality of service I have received, the value of product that was delivered along with my collective experience as a whole. Am I endorsing them? I'm not telling anyone that they have to rush out to buy one. I am however stating that my purchases with them have been good, some with fault but quickly rectified and that for my money I am pleased.

all i say - if you don't care about money - go ahead - throw away 200 $ :D

but anyway : at the moment the Euromariner is ahead again with the Clarks crystal and latest updates - so WM9 is "out".

Chris should hire some Rolex trained watchmakers in Switzerland - he could sell his watches for double price :D

@slickdick: there is a version of TWB that has gen style bezel assembly like the one I just sold here http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=84595. I got one of it last year. I actually didn't know it had gen style bezel assembly, case, and crystal until recently because I didn't even think that's a possibility. I'm pretty sure this TWB case is what the MBW/MBK/Euromariner m serial is based on. Anyway, pop the bezel of your TWB or MBW, you might be in for a pleasant surprise that it's this version.

-bk

• 2 weeks later...

I cant quite agree with the comments about wm9 service. Been trying to email him for an order but has received no reply so far. I may not be doing something right but at least it is polite to reply so that I know whether he wants to do business with me.

My 2 cents Bought a couple watches from WM9....happy with them.....was given a refund on another that I wasn't happy with (at his suggestion not mine) never scammed. Paid to much? Maybe, at the time I didn't know of this forum as well as the other related sites. Partners with the above mention dealers? Maybe, when I stared out of curosity to follow some links from pictures George used on his site it led me to the forum "THE REPLICA COLLECTOR" which led me here. Would I buy from again? Maybe, for a product no one else has. Will I continue to buy from Dealers here? Of course and would be my first choice.