When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinowatches / Joshua

pieter931

I am wondering why there is nothing on Sinowatches on this website !

Why does no one talk about Sinowatches on this forum ? Or is this forum "owned" by a small cartel of dealers ?

I would like to know more about sinowatches.com if anyone is familiar wih them.

Also, there has been bad talk about Joshua a while back, about him and Andrew intimidating other dealers like Ruby.

Why is there no update on this issue either ? Is Joshua again reliable at the moment ?

Why does no one talk about Sinowatches on this forum ? Or is this forum "owned" by a small cartel of dealers ?

Also, there has been bad talk about Joshua a while back, about him and Andrew intimidating other dealers like Ruby.

Why is there no update on this issue either ? Is Joshua again reliable at the moment ?

Interesting post for someone with 2 posts. Maybe you should visit a little bit longer before acting like you know anything.

Interesting post for someone with 2 posts. Maybe you should visit a little bit longer before acting like you know anything.

Well, yes, and thanks for the compliment - no one can explain why there is nothing on sinowatches, i already looked for it - so if you could, that would be helpfull,

thanks

Owned? The dealers here have taken the time to earn the trust of the people of this community. Through good service and products they have built up a relationship with this place. I personally have never heard of sinowatches and won't go looking for them either. Even the apprentice collectors here take time and effort to build up the level of trust here and our moderators do a very good job of monitoring the level of quality offered.

And Pieter, I don't think that was a compliment by Wombat.

We get this often. Much too often IMHO. People find other dealers, not mentioned on these forums, and come here to ask about them. Although, asking a genuine question is never a bad thing I think people should understand that if you don't see any mention of some web site or dealer here then, as an educated adult, come to these conclusions.

1. since they are not mentioned here as trusted dealers, they should therefore be NON trusted by default.

2. possibly be new dealers, which could be good or bad. The risk of discovery is on YOU and if you feel obliged to risk finding out for yourself you should, by all means, do so. When you make this discovery you "could" be nice enough to post here to let the rest of us know. This way they can possibly become a part of the "trusted" dealers on this forum. Or inform others to stay away.

I really don't see why people continue to come on these forums to ask about dealers not mentioned here. Since we have a long list of those that have been proven to be trustworthy. Are there that many rebels out there that want to go against the grain? Why take unnecessary chances when an alternative, and proven, option is there???

Sorry if this is offensive to anyone out there, I was just wondering out loud.

Cheers.

Just my two cents. The accusatory tone in pieter931's posting makes me wonder if he could maybe linked to sinowatches in some way ... Cartel ... my ass ... with probably 90% of replica review sites being owned by scammers and tricksters, this place here along with RG, RWI and maybe one or two others is one of the VERY few places where you can get real and unpartisan info. Reading posts like this really ticks me off...

Someone asked that on RG. I checked out the site. Doesn't look bad. Prices are reasonable. Their pictures don't look stolen. Shipping is reasonable.

All they take is WU and bank wire. That leaves me out because I don't know who they are and don't care to send my hard-earned money to someone I don't know. With no recourse should anything go wrong.

Why don't you buy some watches and review them for us?

one of the reasons why you won't find anything about sinowatches on here is that they don't take credit cards or paypal. They're WU or bank transfer only - which is a real easy way to lose your money if the dealer is less than 100% honest.

So, rather than being a walking attitude problem, why don't you read the site? If you'd actually read more than a handful of posts, you'd know that we use the dealers we use because we've bought a lot of watches between us - many of us have been collecting for years. Most of us have gotten ripped off at some point - so we've found dealers who are reliable, who supply the watches we see on their websites, who offer decent after-sales service. It ain't rocket science.

If you want to go it alone and use another dealer, please go ahead, but don't expect sympathy when it all goes wrong.

We get this often. Much too often IMHO. People find other dealers, not mentioned on these forums, and come here to ask about them. Although, asking a genuine question is never a bad thing I think people should understand that if you don't see any mention of some web site or dealer here then, as an educated adult, come to these conclusions.

1. since they are not mentioned here as trusted dealers, they should therefore be NON trusted by default.

2. possibly be new dealers, which could be good or bad. The risk of discovery is on YOU and if you feel obliged to risk finding out for yourself you should, by all means, do so. When you make this discovery you "could" be nice enough to post here to let the rest of us know. This way they can possibly become a part of the "trusted" dealers on this forum. Or inform others to stay away.

I really don't see why people continue to come on these forums to ask about dealers not mentioned here. Since we have a long list of those that have been proven to be trustworthy. Are there that many rebels out there that want to go against the grain? Why take unnecessary chances when an alternative, and proven, option is there???

Sorry if this is offensive to anyone out there, I was just wondering out loud.

Cheers.

For the simple reason that there are more dealers out there, than the handful who are given 'trusted status', and people are curious about them. I've always gone on personal recommendation, and that has lead me to an excellent dealer, who I use for the majority of my purchases. It's not a case of being a rebel or going against the grain, just one of thinking 'outside the box' :)

Mmm. Still very p*ssed off. (especially about having to risk returning my 6.75 via customs) But maybe ive been a bit harsh on Josh. I dont feel sorry enough to apologize for my comments (yet) but considering the amount of crooks out there The "cartel" dont seem that bad.

For the simple reason that there are more dealers out there, than the handful who are given 'trusted status', and people are curious about them. I've always gone on personal recommendation, and that has lead me to an excellent dealer, who I use for the majority of my purchases. It's not a case of being a rebel or going against the grain, just one of thinking 'outside the box' :)

Yeah, I know TJ. I don't find fault with anyone who wants to venture away from the norm, but I do think that when in doubt go with the known rather than the unknown. Especially since prices usually aren't a determining factor.

There are indeed many dealers out there. Many of whom are able to offer the same standard of service that the trusted dealers on the forums offer. However due to a number of reasons, such as language barrier, them unable to find these forums or not being allowed to trade on the forum for whatever reason, we won't hear of them.

Think about how many market sellers there must be who sell the exact same watches that are offered by our trusted dealers. We know they can't be only a handful in number, lets face it, factories are churning out high volumes of these good quality reps, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it for them. Us forum members are not the ones buying up all the stock..

A shame, as increased competition is healthy for both business and the consumer ;)

Mmm. Still very p*ssed off. (especially about having to risk returning my 6.75 via customs) But maybe ive been a bit harsh on Josh. I dont feel sorry enough to apologize for my comments (yet) but considering the amount of crooks out there The "cartel" dont seem that bad.

I have to admit, if someone had spent $1000 with me, even if the issue was down to customs, I think I would see my way clear to providing a replacement at my own cost, if for no other reason than to retain a potentially big client, but that's just me :) Who is worse, the crook who takes the money and runs, or the crook who strongarms the competition out of the way? ;) (rhetorical question)

Yeah, I know TJ. I don't find fault with anyone who wants to venture away from the norm, but I do think that when in doubt go with the known rather than the unknown. Especially since prices usually aren't a determining factor.

True, but, when things like business ethics or personal relations become a determining factor, then it's still an open playing field. I mean, take TTK for example. Look at how abusive he could be to people. If I wanted to pay money to be abused and humiliated, I'd be paying a dominatrix, not an ex-squaddie with an attitude problem ;) Think of the forum as being a good food guide. Not all the places in town will necessarily be included, but, that's not to say that the ones who aren't, aren't worth going to... Sometimes, it's the smaller indy businesses which can provide a more personal service :)

There are indeed many dealers out there. Many of whom are able to offer the same standard of service that the trusted dealers on the forums offer. However due to a number of reasons, such as language barrier, them unable to find these forums or not being allowed to trade on the forum for whatever reason, we won't hear of them.

Think about how many market sellers there must be who sell the exact same watches that are offered by our trusted dealers. We know they can't be only a handful in number, lets face it, factories are churning out high volumes of these good quality reps, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it for them. Us forum members are not the ones buying up all the stock..

A shame, as increased competition is healthy for both business and the consumer ;)

You're bang on there, bro :good:

Wondering how the OP knew about the accusations against Josh from a few months back when he only joined yesterday?

Indeed ;)

Just my two cents. The accusatory tone in pieter931's posting makes me wonder if he could maybe linked to sinowatches in some way ... Cartel ... my ass ... with probably 90% of replica review sites being owned by scammers and tricksters, this place here along with RG, RWI and maybe one or two others is one of the VERY few places where you can get real and unpartisan info. Reading posts like this really ticks me off...

accusatory tone? Who is accusing who Watchman???

There you have it. I've learned about other collectors (though not tried by me) that have been around for awhile on other boards like RWI, etc...and of collectors that have decent reputations and success with a few members here on iOffer. So I think the value of this forum is that it is an open forum (moderated thankfully for stupidness)...but that people can share all opinions.

The tone of the thread opening post however did seem "know it all" by somebody with only a couple posts experience on this board.

So like others have said...this board isn't run by any cartel...but if you don't find info on a collector you're interested in...it means not many people on this forum have used them...so go right ahead and try them...and post back your experiences. Maybe you've discovered the new hidden gem...just don't gripe and whine if you lose your money or get a POS in the mail...because you're on your own on this.

Anyone else get tired of these trolls?

Young Pieter's posting abilities have been restricted for 30 days...

I'd guess that in that time he'll either find a different place to troll...

Or learn a little about our community and decide he wants to become a part of it...

Either way, I suppose we win...

TT

I was compeled to ask Hawaii's first Olympic Gold Medalist "Tommy Kono" ( at the gym I train at now) he's in his 70's but there almost daily ..

"Mr Kono, what do you think about the new Generations coachability?" in which he replied.. "They are not coachable,.. with no experience, they think they know everything !"

Seems like this is the norm rather than the exception in "life" these day's :rolleyes:

Thought for the day .......TT.. the "Hammer" .. RWG's Action Dude... B)

I have dealt with them a while ago.

Only accept WU, prices slightly cheaper than the 'cartel'. Didn't have any problem with the watch they sent me...so can't comment on how good their follow up customer service is.

All in all, probably not worth the trouble....especially when they only accept WU

There you have it. I've learned about other collectors (though not tried by me) that have been around for awhile on other boards like RWI, etc...and of collectors that have decent reputations and success with a few members here on iOffer. So I think the value of this forum is that it is an open forum (moderated thankfully for stupidness)...but that people can share all opinions.

The tone of the thread opening post however did seem "know it all" by somebody with only a couple posts experience on this board.

I think personal recommendation is definitely the way to go, as it's that bit more personal than an overall :) As for the OP, sounded like a sock account, but my own moderation experiences have just left me suspicious and cynical :lol:

but if you don't find info on a collector you're interested in...it means not many people on this forum have used them...so go right ahead and try them...and post back your experiences.

Indeed, but that still doesn't actually mean that they're a bad dealer ;) Take Tony for example. Awesome guy to do business with, yet not widely spoken of, yet he is now doing his probation on RWI, and has set up a site aimed just for the members, who will get a discount. Now, before anyone says "Well why should only members get the discount!" or "That price should be available to everyone!", two points: 1. In life there are many businesses which provide discount to members only, indeed, I believe that is something concierge services provide it's members, so it's not as if there aren't examples where discounts are not available to all, and 2. Tony is (or at least certainly used to be) open to negotiation on prices. If 'a civilian' was to go to his non-forum discount site, if they didn't like the price, not only are they welcome to look elsewhere ( ;) ) but, if they were to email him and ask if he would accept a lower price, chances are, he would be open to that...

just don't gripe and whine if you lose your money or get a POS in the mail...because you're on your own on this.

The thing is though, ultimately, that is a risk people take even with forum recommended dealers... As much as people might make posts of support, or post reassurances that "[insert name of dealer here] will make it right," at the end of the day, it is a case of if the dealer chooses to resolve the issue or not, so to be honest, whoever the dealer is, ultimately, the buyer is always on their own, regardless of if the dealer is known or unknown. All someone has when going with a better known dealer, is the backup of information from other people's transactions to use to help with making their decision, rather than just going on gut instinct for how a site looks, and clicking the 'buy' tab ;)