When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekends Wrist Check

By-Tor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta try and look sharp today. Doing the dog and pony show. For those who don't know what that is in my world, it means my partner has identified a new client that wants to put millions into one of my funds and I do a Powerpoint for them that dizzy's them up with quantitative liquor until they finally admit that my partner must have been right when he said I was a genius. God forbid the client would ever find out that my strategies are based on simple gambling principles akin to counting cards in Blackjack, which anyone with an IQ that breaks a hundred could easily do if they knew what they were doing and had some balls. Ah, but then it wouldn't be a dog and pony show would it? Alright then, I gotta go dip myself in radioactive material so I glow real bright thereby adding to the divine effect that my partner is trying to achive. If I look smart and glow during the presentation, surely the new client will think he has found something Godlike...

Datejust2.jpg

Datejust4.jpg

But then it will be Saturday and I'll be back to just being some dumbass wearing a rubber strap again...

POrubber2.jpg

POrubber1b.jpg

When are you going to wear something else other than a Pam bro ;)

Nice watch and shot btw :thumbs:

Wear something other than a PAM?? :o That's just crazy talk :lol:

Okay, I might wear my Planet Ocean when I go to see Quantum of Solace, but then again, I might not :lol:

Thanks bro :good:

dsc0008mu8.jpg

Soon beer time :drunk:

That's an awesome watch :good:

Gotta try and look sharp today. Doing the dog and pony show. For those who don't know what that is in my world, it means my partner has identified a new client that wants to put millions into one of my funds and I do a Powerpoint for them that dizzy's them up with quantitative liquor until they finally admit that my partner must have been right when he said I was a genius. God forbid the client would ever find out that my strategies are based on simple gambling principles akin to counting cards in Blackjack, which anyone with an IQ that breaks a hundred could easily do if they knew what they were doing and had some balls. Ah, but then it wouldn't be a dog and pony show would it? Alright then, I gotta go dip myself in radioactive material so I glow real bright thereby adding to the divine effect that my partner is trying to achive. If I look smart and glow during the presentation, surely the new client will think he has found something Godlike...

Datejust2.jpg

Datejust4.jpg

But then it will be Saturday and I'll be back to just being some dumbass wearing a rubber strap again...

POrubber2.jpg

POrubber1b.jpg

I hope it goes well for you :good: I could certainly do with someone putting millions into my funds too :lol:

At the moment, I'm wearing this:

DSCN0298.jpg

But later this evening, I'm going on a paranormal investigation, so this will be coming out to play B)

DSCN0296.jpg

DSCN0297.jpg

Does sitting in a circle with a group of spiritually-inclined Soccor Moms really require the survival kit? No. But, on one investigation I went on, a key got broken in a lock, which could have made it an enforced night-long stay, so from now on, I'm fully prepared should such a thing happen again :lol:

Yes, there are worse things, although it is important to distinguish the difference between putting millions into one of my funds and giving me millions.

I hope to one day achieve the latter, but in the meantime the former will have to do, which basically means that they are never my millions and I have to sweat out the risk in exchange for a small percentage which I don't get at all unless I win. Good thing I have a postive expectation huh? The alternative is working for free and that will never do...

That is why I jest about the genius stuff. A monkey could do what I do. Successful trading is all about quatification of risk. That is it. Forget winning, but how much can I lose on every trade I make? If you know that you can mold a plan that consistently makes money using leverage if the market should happen to move a lot in either direction. Nobody ever knows what any market is going to do and analysis is futile. It took me 20 years to figure that out. Therefore you have to make sure you are available in case it moves, and that you have a way to take advantage of it if it does. I am basically always in if the market moves and if it moves a lot we make a killing. If it doesn't move I don't make any money - but I know exactly how much I will lose. Case in point is this month. We have been shorting the S&P 500 all the way down. Just awesome. It is the motion for me. My aggressive fund made 107% from 10/1 through 10/15. Can you imagine?

I hope the world doesn't end, but in the meantime, God bless the financial markets. This volatilty is a market neutral trader's dream. A wet dream...

But in all seriousness, the world is very close to ending and I'm dead serious about that. If you think the market crisis is bad, wait until the same thing happens to EVERY currency because the only way to fix the markets is to print money. And in the same way the bill came due for printing leverage on undervalued real estate paper, the bill will come due for our devalued currencies one day and there will be no escape from that stranglehold. Seriously, I'm not kidding - get some ammo ready because we will all be obtaining food at gunpoint when that happens...

I hope it goes well for you :good: I could certainly do with someone putting millions into my funds too :lol:

God forbid the client would ever find out that my strategies are based on simple gambling principles akin to counting cards in Blackjack, which anyone with an IQ that breaks a hundred could easily do if they knew what they were doing and had some balls.

You are certainly in good company

Ending my workweek in dual time zones

PanAm2012a1.jpg

gmtbelt0171.jpg

Great pic Freddy. Yeah, Lahde is weird dude. He is an aquaintance of mine actually. He is really into pot and thinks it is going to save the world. he may be right, who knows? But we do share a lot of trading practices in terms of philosophy.

Speaking of trading, I have been getting a lot of market related questions lately and I figured rather than answer them all, (which takes time because I'm long winded - lol) I would just do another post devoted to trading stuff. It is here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=85219

You are certainly in good company

PanAm2012a1.jpg