When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My latest gen purchase: Seiko Diver SKX007K

imranbecks

• 2 months later...

I have just been in contact with an AD for Seiko in Sweden and they claim that this particular model isnt available in Sweden or in EMEA at all...so I have to look for it when I go to the US next week.

How much did you pay for it?

I have seen both "official" prices and also discount prices on different websites, but I am unsure whether the websites are seen as authorized dealers or not.

Some of the websites, for instance Chronograph seems to have decent prices but are they really selling gens?

From what I understand (and this comes from a guy that bought a rep B&R...*LoL*) you dont get the Seiko warranty if you purchased the watch from an Internet-site without the "Authorized Dealer" Seiko-logo:

Seiko logo explained

I've become interested in Seiko Dive watches in the last few months and the SKX007K is certainly a great one.

I also ran across this one- the SKX031K2 from a seller over in Singapore

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270303393230

It looks like a great beater for a fantastic price. I have a hard time passing up a watch for $122.00!

I don't anything know about rep Seikos, though and this seller says nothing about the warranty- of course my watchmaker would be fixing it anyway, or I'd buy another one.

Guest HaloArchive

@Wiseman:

Funny, I just came back from San Jose on the 3rd. Usually Macy's carries Seiko watches, next to the Citizen ones. Check out Valley Fair Mall or Oakridge Mall when your down there. One of those should have it. If not, I saw it at Camden Costco (Looked similar but, not sure if its the same). Sorry if the names dont trigger anything, I lived in the Bay Area for a number of years.

-H

Cool,

I cannot see them being an authorized dealer though.

If you have bought from them, I assume you checked that you got a gen and not a rep?

Yes,

Bougt a few from them. Most of my Seikos are bought there. The boss of the shop is quite knowledgeable on Seikos. One thing though, he gives more discount when you are there to buy from his shop. May be he is not an AD but he does stamp the warranty card and I have had no problem with getting some issues fixed at the Seiko Agnet in Singapore.

Yes,

Bougt a few from them. Most of my Seikos are bought there. The boss of the shop is quite knowledgeable on Seikos. One thing though, he gives more discount when you are there to buy from his shop. May be he is not an AD but he does stamp the warranty card and I have had no problem with getting some issues fixed at the Seiko Agnet in Singapore.

Yeah, and thats where I bought the watch from. I went to the shop and purchased it..

@Wiseman:

Funny, I just came back from San Jose on the 3rd. Usually Macy's carries Seiko watches, next to the Citizen ones. Check out Valley Fair Mall or Oakridge Mall when your down there. One of those should have it. If not, I saw it at Camden Costco (Looked similar but, not sure if its the same). Sorry if the names dont trigger anything, I lived in the Bay Area for a number of years.

-H

Valley Fair Mall I have been to a couple of times before when I visited SFO/Sunnyvale.

Last year I visted a quite decent Starbucks store there (Im a espressoguy!) and there was a couple of Chinese-American guys that offered some sort of "energy-massage", which I took and man!, I was all dizzy afterwards, it was that good.

Im going to the Mall this coming Sunday (flying from Sweden to the US tomorrow) to see whether these guys are still there.

And of course, check out the watches too...

Now I am in sunny CA and have just come back to the hotel from Westfield Valley Fair. I took a *triple* espresso at Starbucks, but didnt get the massage..

I went to Macys and had a look at the Seikos and unfortunately they didnt have the SKX007k.

I looked however on a similar one, called SKX173 which had the crown also in the "4" postiion.

The price was USD 375 for that particular model.

I am seriously thinking about buying from http://www.skywatches.com.sg instead.

I like reps, but this one I like to have as a Gen, so after purchase from Skywatches I plan to bring it to a Seiko-dealer in Sweden to verify that its a gen.

The worldwide Seiko warranty I dont care too much about, since I asked an Seiko AD in Sweden about this and they said that even tough the worldwide warranty was valid within EU for models that is not sold there, Seiko didnt supply parts for these models within EU, so in reality the warranty is quite worthless for models from another region.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed Skywatches about a SKX007K and got this reply back from a Mr. Adrian Low:

"...All of our Seiko Divers watch are genuine and its Seiko international

warranty is valid everywhere. However, we are sorry that we don't ship Seiko

watches to European countries due to the Seiko policy.

Best Regards,

Customer Support..."

Actually a funny thing happened when I started looking for other means on getting my hands on a Seiko-model that is not meant to be sold within the EU (for some freking strange reason which I fail to see btw).

I saw a Swedish site here: http://www.uret.se/ that actually had some Seiko-models not officially sold in the EU, for instance this:

http://www.uret.se/seiko-divers-automatic-...zel-p-1093.html

I phoned them up, since they are located in Stockholm and asked about the SKX007K and sure enough, they could get it for me in about 10 days.

The price for this would be as the other Seiko above, ie. 2875 SEK + postage.

According to Forex http://www.forex.se this is approx