When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue locktide

Cats

I have never had good luck with GC cement (it always lets go after a few months, at best). I also do not think an epoxy is a good idea, because if you get it on the wrong parts, it could make the bezel difficult or impossible to turn. I would use either a few small dabs of silicone sealant (available at any hardware, home or auto parts store) or dial dots (basically, 2-sided adhesive), which are available at any watch parts house (ofrei, cas-ker, borel, cousins, etc). Either will hold the insert in yet still allow you to remove the adhesive if there is a problem.

Come to think of it when i removed a insert from antoher MBW/MBK the glue looked like a silicon type of substance.

Very easy to remove and sticky enough to keep the insert in place.

Thanks all. I just finsihed the sanding so i'll be off tomorrow to the local store to find some silicon based sealant or glue.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Silicone is OK, I also like contact cement or rubber cement. Both are easily reversible. I haven't had good luck with GS Hypo-cement either, but I love their pinpoint applicator. Epoxy is the glue of last resort, but I did use it on one particularly pesky bezel insert- you just have to be careful not to get it on the bezel so that it won't turn!

I did some work on getting the insert back in.

Used contact glue even super glue which i dotted a little bit on the back side of the insert and thought that it will suck in inbetween the bezel and insert but that didn't work either.

One basic question :

should i replace the bezel first and then replace the insert or can i replace the insert in the bezel and replace the bezel and insert onto the watch head ??

Carpe Diem

Cats

One piece of free advice: Never ever, ever put superglue (or any other cyanoacrylate glue) near movements. The fumes can kill mechanical watch movements dead.

Also, ever seen CSI, where they use superglue to get fingerprints? Imagine you had a fingerprint on your crystal and opened a tube of superglue next to it. The fumes would pick up the grease and leave a mark on your crystal.

@Pugwash i didn't use it with the watch even close to it. But i agree it's very agrassive.

Stil need to know do i have to place the bezel back on the watch first and then place the insert or can i place the insert in the bezel and then place the bezel on the watch head.

It feel like the flat spring which causes friction whilst rotating the bezel might be the trouble maker. When i push the bezel way down at that moment the insert comes out of the bezel.

Any suggestions ??

Carpe Diem

Cats