When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So, I went ahead and got me a GEN...

spikey

After having sold my PAM 111h, PO Chrono I was left watch-less... well, I still have an UPO that has been with vaclume/chief for over 4 months now...

I liked the UPO a lot so I'm planning to fix the bezel insert (scratch), add get gen dial/hands plus chief's AR... Hmmm maybe if it looks right I'll keep it.

So, after a lot of small but annoying issues with all my reps I decided to spend some more money and buy a gen...

and yes, it feels different than a rep, the dial details, the bracelet everything feels better.

Fortis B-42 Marinemaster Automatic

800p1110560df8.jpg

800p1110561mp5.jpg

800p1110566yl0.jpg

800p1110589iw8.jpg

Fantastic. Love the AR. Kind of shares qualities with some of my favorite watches I currently own or have in the past. It has traits of Breitling's Aeromarine line as well as Omega's Seamaster line and Sinn of course - broadly speaking. Those traits are more than a good thing in my book.

I'm curious how you sought this out and chose it over other brands though. I wasn't aware of this watch and just wondering how you ended up getting this as opposed to something more obvious like a PO or a Steelfish or Sinn 757 or something? I would think they are all in around the same sub $3K price range. Do tell...

Thanks everyone!

I initially wanted a 45mm PO but they were 2500+ ... so I started looking at something less expensive. I was looking at a wrist check thread on whatchuseek and I usually look up the watches that I like but don't know anything about...the MSRP was less than Omega, the size was ok - 42mm but with a narrow bezel that made the watch look bigger in wrist shots.

So, I started reading reviews about them, looking at photos, choosing straps :) and finally I started looking at prices - I noticed worldlux had a "email me the price" - it turned out to be 1300 instead of the 1750 msrp ... after looking at more photos I decided to keep my UPO and make it a franken if I have to, and buy this one.

I like it so much - somehow I think it's not going to be my last fortis... I'm eyeing this one next Fortis B-42 Flieger Chrono :

fullsize2.jpg

dieselpower: You're right; I eventually paid for a gen after all those reps just opened my appetite :)

Fantastic. Love the AR. Kind of shares qualities with some of my favorite watches I currently own or have in the past. It has traits of Breitling's Aeromarine line as well as Omega's Seamaster line and Sinn of course - broadly speaking. Those traits are more than a good thing in my book.

I'm curious how you sought this out and chose it over other brands though. I wasn't aware of this watch and just wondering how you ended up getting this as opposed to something more obvious like a PO or a Steelfish or Sinn 757 or something? I would think they are all in around the same sub $3K price range. Do tell...

Fortis are cheaper than the brands you mentioned, with the same movements and quality. Here's mine.

fortis-06-640.jpg

I sold my Fortis Flieger chrono to a member here... it was a heck of a watch. Everything about it was precise.

Have you checked out the older Spacematics with the Lemania movement?