When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Winter finally arrived!

Guest Sql_pl

Quick two pics of my backyard taken from my bedroom over the Tuiga...

As you can see winter finally arrived!

zima1ok5.jpg

zima2ye5.jpg

Snow looks great, dogs are happy. One of them saw the snow for the first time in her life - now it is hard to get her back home, she's crazy about snow!

Gotta take some nice pics during the weekend!

Would be great if you could also post some of your office/home view pics with winter theme!

Thanks

Maciek

Let's see.... snow pictures. Do I have any of those?? :g:

Last winter

snow_2008.jpg

Hopefully this winter again

deep_snow.jpg

Here's a glacier after an earthquake

earthquake_glacier_sm.jpg

Hatcher Pass a couple months ago

hatcher2.jpg

Please Lord let it snow a LOT again this winter!

snow_dump.jpg

Please Lord let it snow a LOT again this winter!

snow_dump.jpg

Interesting shot. How high do the snowbanks get and do they ever cave in? That is quite beautiful. I used to live in Chinook country so we would go through periods of seeing waist high snow in the morning, and walking home in shorts and a long sleeved shirt in the afternoon amidst the steaming melting snow.

Interesting shot. How high do the snowbanks get and do they ever cave in? That is quite beautiful. I used to live in Chinook country so we would go through periods of seeing waist high snow in the morning, and walking home in shorts and a long sleeved shirt in the afternoon amidst the steaming melting snow.

Yes, we get the same thing here, the "Pineapple Express" blows in from the Pacific and we get huge storms, sometimes with incredibly warm wind. 2 winters ago we went from around zero to the 50s in about 4 hours. All the melting snow then froze again and we had GREAT pond hockey!

How high do the snowbanks get? 2 winters ago we got 93 feet of snow at Alyeska. Last winter was almost that much but not quite. I'm hoping it goes big again this winter! :tu:

Don't envy too much... this fell in one day on April 25th.

I love the snow, but I think if I moved somewhere like that Nanuq, my hands would fall off, they go blue in the winter as it is haha Do people snowboard alot on regions that aren't official ski slopes?

I couldnt despise winter more!

I have been living in Sweden all my life and its not only the cold that I hate (I got frostbite on my hands when I was around 10 and 30 years after this event I still have problems with my fingers), but the darkness...oh man..the darkness!

When I am writing this, its 4.45 PM my time and it has been dark for about 1 hour already. You gotta hate that!

On the bright side, in Sweden the summers are great, the sun doesnt go down until 10 PM and is usually warm...

All in all, I fully support Global Warming if this means that the Swedish winter go away.... *LoL*

We just had the first real cold front of the season move through where I live last week. We get maybe 4 or 5 of those in a year. I have a rule that I always follow in that I always stay inside those days and make hot chocolate with the heat on. I only go outside for seconds at a time and only on the lanai. It is fun and let's me know winter is here and the holidays are coming. The overnight low with that cold front in my neighborhood was 51 degrees :D

How high do the snowbanks get? 2 winters ago we got 93 feet of snow at Alyeska. Last winter was almost that much but not quite. I'm hoping it goes big again this winter! :tu:

Holy CRAP!!!! That's amazing. I laugh being in Ontario now...when I look at ski conditions here and they are happy to have a 60cm base. Back in the Rockies, I remember seeing 30' trees in the backcountry covered up to within a couple feet of their tips and skiing beside these...not too close as you know!!