When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silver Spoons, Outhouses, and Rock & Roll

RobbieG

Fair enough M. I appreciate your candor and I'll take you up on that drink I'm sure one day soon.

Cheers!

First off Robbie, I may be an Admin, but I'm also a member...

Does volunteering my time allow me to not have an opinion [and express it]...

I have no beef with you personally or otherwise...

I think you're a valuable contributor to the community [most of the time]...

Hell, I've even purchased a piece from you [Yacht Master] that I still own and love...

None of [the above] which changes that your forum persona is smug [The Zigmeister's expression] and arrogant...

Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over...

And as I said, certainly nothing personal...

If you ever make that drive south from P-Town and want to stop to have that drink, I'm game...

"Where People Gather, Life Happens"

TT

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny actually that Jake kinda hit your vibe right on the head here. Its just the way I see you!, what a great picture lol

Your talk about money, cars and giving to charity, and talking [censored] to cops, being a total and utter chimp, then when

people quote you or reply to your post you say "whats my money got to do with you or why bring that up", you bloody posted

it the first place, and THEN offer yet more info about "if you really wanna know" (Which we don't) I have this too and that .........and this...

Oh and that "but whats it gotta do with you!".....lol your off your [censored] mate!......... your all over the place!

I'd hedge a bet and say your pretty insecure, the Internet is a wonderful place to play out a razmataz lifestyle.....pimp up your mundane miserable

lonely life by pretending to be someone your not........(not saying your not loaded, but I doubt you really live and act like a **** all the time

I cant believe you would be such an upfront, in your face, [censored]........I bet your actually a quite (but slightly boring) person, but feel the

need to make your life a little more exciting......the internets great for that, you can run off and shut gold plated laptop down!

For example what really happened........you never had ham.......but instead you were burping your maggot......you leaked on the floor,

you bent down to wipe up the best part of you which by now is soaking into the carpet......the cop saw you lane swapwith no indication......then pulled you.

You cried........because you caught your little fella in your pant zipper.

He handed you a tissue........you wiped your [censored] (because you talk so much [censored]) then proceeded to beg and plead him not to impound your

billy wizz car.......and call you an ambulance, which he refused to do because he was sick and tired of pulling your punk ass over every 5 minutes

because your to stupid to learn, thus him being to busy to respond to more important issues like a fatal up the road caused by a school bus that

pulled out on a 996 driver that came out of nowhere like the starship enterprise........

Its all front......can I ask what you do for a living? do you find people cant really talk to you in person? mainly because your a bit of a [censored]?

Do you find people drift away from you in a way only a skunk with a leaky butt hole would know about?

I dare say you just LOVE to talk about yourself, how great and fab you are, how much cash you have and how fast you got into work and how

much rubber you burn from those new diamond studded 20" slabs on the rear of your bad boy motor!

Because thats how you came across in your first post.

No one else matters, its all about you Rob, its not about having a sense of humor, your part of the story about the actual cop was just that...."part" of

the "story", you told it!, how can we fail to comment on all the other aspects of it?

You still bang on that everyone else here wants to be like you and have all your money......and the reason they dont like you is because

they dont have what you have.......I think you would be suprised to learn most people don't hate sucessful people, they hate arrogent selfish self obsessed

people.

Like you.

I think most here would rather bury their face in a monkeys stench trench than share a beer with someone as arrogant as you.

I might be a NOOB as you call it, but only in this ****ing forum, you would never dream of talking to me in person like you talk to people on this site,

its a different game in real life, very different.........your acting like some hard man calling people "son" again trying to portray yourself on another level.

Little tip in life Rob......people don't like a bragger, specially now a law breaking bragger, they also don't like people who talk about their own success, and

people who talk about their money all the time its in bad taste.

When was the last time you saw Richard Branson bang on about all his money, cars, get out of jail free cars, mouthing off to cops, ......

People who really are sucessful just don't do it.

You have to accept people just don't find your story funny or amusing on any level, kinda hit the floor like a lead balloon when someone here posted they

lost their mother due to a driver breaking the speed limit.

Speed limits are there for a reason, and its not up to you to judge if you should double it or not.

I've seen some [censored] that would make you throw up both ends.............

I think its great your loaded, and have a Porsche, Mini, 15 Turbos that you love to hear sing, 3 other cars, lots of expensive watches, a dash full of cash for cops, a vocab full of

sarcasm all rehursed to amuse your palls......

Its cute.

But Boring, so just listen, learn and shut the hell up.

:rolleyes:

Jake as you can see is obsessed with me and my money. He greatest aspiration is to balance my checkbook and study my tax returns in the front seat of my Porsche.

He always says I bore him yet look at the effort he puts into writing about me. Big, chunkie paragraphs and highly detailed. He also just won't give up pining for me. I told you before Jake, I'm not gay and besides, I'm already taken. Now get back down to the hangar and put that second coat of wax on my G5 before I have to fire your a*s.

Can't get good help these days. They are always so busy analyzing what I'm doing they fall short on their own goals. And you know what happens then? You can't get the damn plane waxed in time to fly to Basel. We can't have that now can we? How else will I get my advance order in on all the new tourbys out next year? I'll tell you what Jake: Do an extra good job and I'll throw you a gen Skagen and an extra battery as a bonus :D

spot on my friend... spot on.

What the hell do you know anyway, your a noob like me, seems we mean nothing round here!

What right have we to comment on such an Epic, Prolific well respected Uber poster and member?

We are but low life scum in this world of Reps according to some!

How very dare you!

lol

:p

Now that is excellent. Someone should pin this. Excellent Stevie. See this is what I am talking about. I only wish I could articulate what I wanted to say as good as you, then maybe not so many people would think I'm such a [censored].

On another note, don't be so quick to judge though my friend. You hit the nail on the head. You really don't know someone from how you perceive a persona on the internet. You asked what I do? I'm not sure that it is relevant but I work mostly alone in my own company. Myself and three people on a team and I love what I do. I'm just another guy man.

And I'm not sure why if I should mention a car I own to puctuate a story that I should be pegged a guy who is spouting off about money. I just re-read everything I posted again to make sure I wasn't just lacking from sleep degredation last night and I guess I see how if someone wanted to make that slant out of it I suppose they could. People who want to see something can always see it. Suggesstion is a very powerful thing. If you re-read it again but another way this time you may not see that. All I ever did is mention a model of car (it goes fast - uh - I got a ticket - see...?) and that I could afford to pay the ticket which was less than $500. Do you think someone needs to be wealthy to pay such a ticket? I don't get it. And regarding the charity comments, you choose as I sald to see it that way. If you go back and re-read it in context you will correctly see that I said that as a response to a guy that was judgeing me and my membership status. I was telling him why he shouldn't judge what others do - like I'm telling you. In other words forget RWG, charities really need the money and I put mine where my wealth is. Everyone here should be doing the same regardless of income. I have been giving a portion of my income since my first part time job. So don't throw that in my face as ammo of how I brag about money.

The bottom line is it is just the same jealosy coming from here as that cop. What else could it be. How else could one mention three numbers (996) and garner such bile. I guarantee if I went to the OT forum at TZ right now and posted a 996 story I wouldn't get one person saying a bad word about me. It is because people over there would take it at face value as they should. But since here the car is I guess not commonplace I suppose anyone who owns one and says so is either a braggart or he is lying? What kind of persecution is that? You are right I don't get it. God forbid I get a Ferrari one day. I'll be sure not to dare mention it here for fear that someone will go oh yeah great, there he goes again. Goes what, where? Huh? The funniest thing really is that this forum is for people who collect things that are supposed to be luxury goods. It only stands to reason that many of you might be frustrated for one reason or another about his station in life and maybe it bugs you that you can't have the things you covet? See how stupid that sounds? I retract that as I just wrote that for a reason to make a point. No sooner should I make that judgement about any in this forum than should they make judgements about me because I mention a car. If it was a rep 996 would that be OK? Then am I poor enough to be one of the group and not an elitist snob? I think you get the point. Don't read about my car then turn it around in my face and say I am doing something or am something I'm not because YOU don't like the story, or the way I sound when I write it. The fact is you are just using that portion of it as ammo. Which is why all the posts have been off topic. It is too easy to focus on the car instead of what I said because you are more interested in bringing me down. If my car was a Subaru this never would have happened. So small, man. So unevolved and untolerant. Let me tell you something else. One day you are going to have to grow up and realize that the guy next door is always going to have a faster car than you or more money or whatever and you are just going to have to deal with it. My cars look like junkers next to my neighbors and I could give a crap. That is the difference between me and you. I stopped being threatened by other peoples cars when I was 17 or so. How old are you? And if you think your neighbor is a [censored], so be it but be objective at least. Make sure you really think he is a [censored] and not that he is a [censored] because he said he has a 996 and it pisses you off that he had the balls to say it - or that he has one and you don't. And that goes for you too Jake - if you are back from waxing my plane yet! There is a difference...

For example what really happened........you never had ham.......but instead you were burping your maggot......you leaked on the floor,

you bent down to wipe up the best part of you which by now is soaking into the carpet......the cop saw you lane swapwith no indication......then pulled you.

You cried........because you caught your little fella in your pant zipper.

He handed you a tissue........you wiped your [censored] (because you talk so much [censored]) then proceeded to beg and plead him not to impound your

billy wizz car.......and call you an ambulance, which he refused to do because he was sick and tired of pulling your punk ass over every 5 minutes

because your to stupid to learn, thus him being to busy to respond to more important issues like a fatal up the road caused by a school bus that

pulled out on a 996 driver that came out of nowhere like the starship enterprise........

:rolleyes:

You guys should at least have your facts straight. Jake is quoting an oldtyme previous member named Jetmid who was some sort of character like me - a much richer version that is. He had some 50K watches and a jet and a few other things and he used to do whole posts about them which provoked much hatred in the past. He isn't here anymore and they still talk about him. Anytime someone mentions a gen anything Jake quotes him because he was an example of a guy who took talking about his toys to the extreme.

Now that guy was rich. His own plane even. Sheesh. And here I am daring to write a thread that mentions my nearly 5 year old beater car. What was I thinking? It might be construed as Jetmid-esq to the pikers from the rep realm. I must try and be more careful. One thing is for sure and that he is like Elivis around here. Famous. If I ever do so well as to have my own jet I'm gonna paint RWG on the side of it in his honor of how much I have had to endure comparisons to him since the first day I dared mention one of my gen toys in a rep world. He is my hero and I don't know him and never even met him...

spot on my friend... spot on.

Wow.

If you really don't understand what you are communicating through your posts, I feel sorry for you Robbie.

Hopefully you are as serious as this web site. and have a good time pissing people off.

Cause if you are for real and truly mean what you say, then you're portraying as a self centered brat with lack of respect towards other people.

If that is the case I suggest you rather post this [censored] over at TZ and leave us alone.

.................................................... What would you guys do?

I would really consider going to therapy to work on my attitude towards other people!!! The uniform guy(s) are actually doing a job the society you are a member of has hired them to do. With what right are you doing their job more difficult and unpleasant?

Yes, I go to fast. Yes, I trade counterfeits. Yes, I do........... But, I also accept that this is against the laws of my society, and are prepared to take the "punishment". Grow up, man, and fight laws and regulations the proper ways, not by bullying civil servants and uniformed servants who is doing what we have told them to do.

Yes, it is fun to pi*s off people that don't like me or get me. Truly fun and thanks for participating. The internet is cool that way. 99% of people here try to project one personality and some kind of true self I guess. That would just be too boring for my taste - and silly, why would one strive for strangers on a replica forum to like you?

I must admit I do love mixing it up a bit, but basically I am just another d*ck in a Porsche and I don't give a f*ck who knows it. Aren't we all. Same guy. Same world. Different cars. The answer is yes but very few will admit it. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to get called out for having a Porsche for no reason and not defend myself as a braggart. I'll be a d*ck if you want but let me earn it for you. LOL. Plus, if everyone liked me I wouldn't be provoking any thought or learning anything, which I try to do everyday. You study the posts, but I study you Nexium.

Some of this comes from my profession. All things are just random acts. Bet red. Bet black. The wheel falls and it doesn't matter and nobody cares. A series of mathmatical events beyond our control. I could have wrote a whole different OP and all the responses would be different. Maybe I should hedge from now on? Two versions of each post. Now THAT would be cool reading how people would respond in different ways. Stimulating at least. People try and spend a lifetime to figure out and outrun what they don't understand. And why am I saying all that? Good question. I'll shut up now...

OK I gotta do some work so I can save up for that plane. I'll be as cool as Jetmid one of these days. I'll try and check out that URL some other time. Hopefully it is interesting and funny as I could use a laugh. I just got hit with a wall of boredom and I'm officially done with this thread, as much as I agree with Slay. I love this place too. 12 hours of entertainment to me from this thread thanks to you all. I'm gonna do one (no two like I said) a week from now on. And I'm gonna juice em' up too with lots more really controversial stuff from now on. You guys rule! Now how to wade through the nuclear waste that I have left and find the door out of here... ;)

Wow.

If you really don't understand what you are communicating through your posts, I feel sorry for you Robbie.

Hopefully you are as serious as this web site. and have a good time pissing people off.

Cause if you are for real and truly mean what you say, then you're portraying as a self centered brat with lack of respect towards other people.

If that is the case I suggest you rather post this [censored] over at TZ and leave us alone.

Ok your really starting to grate on me now.

You made it about money....No one ever questioned it.... and your in some fantasy land that people are jealous! lol

YOU made references to your wealth, none of us care to know about your finances.....you offered it all up yourself you fool!

You talk like because you HAVE money your above the law, and above giving anyone respect....

If you ever get mugged or beaten up........and the cops end up bailing you out and taking a round or a slap for YOU.....then

your the kind or [censored] that would just say.......yea......well its his job, I dispise people like you, FORGET ABOUT THE MONEY!!!! its not

about that, you keep making it about that by banging on and making references to it.....

And I noticed you TOTALLY revamped your original post too......why come at me when you obviously know your wrong and thats why

your running about changing all your posts?!

Says it all really.

Couple of examples maybe?.....from whats left of your Butchered/Edited posts

How about

"Anyway, so today I thought I would take my 996....."

"How good is life treating me when I can afford a ham and a ticket back to back"

"(I'll have my Mini tomorrow-we won't tell him that...)"

"And if one of your other brothers catches me and gives me another ticket, I'll pay that one too. Happy Thanksgiving sir."

"Yes, $80 is a bargain to me "

"If it ever costs me $80 to make a joke unilaterally so be it,"

"I bet he wishes he could pay a fine to rid himself of what troubles that festering malice inside him"

"I look at it like it is just a fixed cost of owning a fast car. I know I have to factor in a minimum of $500 a year to my operating costs."

"They figure if you are in a $130,000 car you can pay the ticket"

Then you said this......... "And where did I say I was rich I wonder?" haha...... Honestly Rob can't you see how your coming across.....I'm not even done on the first page yet!

"How much did you give to charity this year big mouth?" (your brought this up totally by yourself do you see yet Rob?)

And now for the mother of all quotes.........

"Right, who cares how much money I have? I don't nor do I ask you about yours. Why must you bring it up?" YOU KEEP BRINGING IT UP YOURSELF!!! Do you see yet??

"Yeah, I got a Porsche"

"and a Mini"

"I also had a 80' Toyota Tercel"

"and an 87' Golf "

"and an 84' 318i"

"and an Izuzu pickup truck"....................Jesus Rob, I sure wish we never went on about how wealthy you are!!! .......you getting this part yet??

"I could see the jealosy in his eyes"...................You seem to think EVERYONE is wanting to be Robb dont you Robb.

" I am thinking of getting an 09 as it will be the last year for a while and I may take that up to 640hp"

Then another corker.............

"Jake as you can see is obsessed with me and my money".........lol.........Yup......erm....think it was YOU BANGING on again Robby my son!

Finally to cap it off:

"And I'm not sure why if I should mention a car I own to puctuate a story that I should be pegged a guy who is spouting off about money"

Please tell me you see now?

Are you really that self obsessed and blind that you cant see what your doing?

Your next post will no doubt show us all your still in "Robby Land"....which according to you is all WE ever bring up and where WE want to be too!

lol

No thanks!

Now that is excellent. Someone should pin this. Excellent Stevie. See this is what I am talking about. I only wish I could articulate what I wanted to say as good as you, then maybe not so many people would think I'm such a [censored].

On another note, don't be so quick to judge though my friend. You hit the nail on the head. You really don't know someone from how you perceive a persona on the internet. You asked what I do? I'm not sure that it is relevant but I work mostly alone in my own company. Myself and three people on a team and I love what I do. I'm just another guy man.

And I'm not sure why if I should mention a car I own to puctuate a story that I should be pegged a guy who is spouting off about money. I just re-read everything I posted again to make sure I wasn't just lacking from sleep degredation last night and I guess I see how if someone wanted to make that slant out of it I suppose they could. People who want to see something can always see it. Suggesstion is a very powerful thing. If you re-read it again but another way this time you may not see that. All I ever did is mention a model of car (it goes fast - uh - I got a ticket - see...?) and that I could afford to pay the ticket which was less than $500. Do you think someone needs to be wealthy to pay such a ticket? I don't get it. And regarding the charity comments, you choose as I sald to see it that way. If you go back and re-read it in context you will correctly see that I said that as a response to a guy that was judgeing me and my membership status. I was telling him why he shouldn't judge what others do - like I'm telling you. In other words forget RWG, charities really need the money and I put mine where my wealth is. Everyone here should be doing the same regardless of income. I have been giving a portion of my income since my first part time job. So don't throw that in my face as ammo of how I brag about money.

The bottom line is it is just the same jealosy coming from here as that cop. What else could it be. How else could one mention three numbers (996) and garner such bile. I guarantee if I went to the OT forum at TZ right now and posted a 996 story I wouldn't get one person saying a bad word about me. It is because people over there would take it at face value as they should. But since here the car is I guess not commonplace I suppose anyone who owns one and says so is either a braggart or he is lying? What kind of persecution is that? You are right I don't get it. God forbid I get a Ferrari one day. I'll be sure not to dare mention it here for fear that someone will go oh yeah great, there he goes again. Goes what, where? Huh? The funniest thing really is that this forum is for people who collect things that are supposed to be luxury goods. It only stands to reason that many of you might be frustrated for one reason or another about his station in life and maybe it bugs you that you can't have the things you covet? See how stupid that sounds? I retract that as I just wrote that for a reason to make a point. No sooner should I make that judgement about any in this forum than should they make judgements about me because I mention a car. If it was a rep 996 would that be OK? Then am I poor enough to be one of the group and not an elitist snob? I think you get the point. Don't read about my car then turn it around in my face and say I am doing something or am something I'm not because YOU don't like the story, or the way I sound when I write it. The fact is you are just using that portion of it as ammo. Which is why all the posts have been off topic. It is too easy to focus on the car instead of what I said because you are more interested in bringing me down. If my car was a Subaru this never would have happened. So small, man. So unevolved and untolerant. Let me tell you something else. One day you are going to have to grow up and realize that the guy next door is always going to have a faster car than you or more money or whatever and you are just going to have to deal with it. My cars look like junkers next to my neighbors and I could give a crap. That is the difference between me and you. I stopped being threatened by other peoples cars when I was 17 or so. How old are you? And if you think your neighbor is a [censored], so be it but be objective at least. Make sure you really think he is a [censored] and not that he is a [censored] because he said he has a 996 and it pisses you off that he had the balls to say it - or that he has one and you don't. And that goes for you too Jake - if you are back from waxing my plane yet! There is a difference...

Sorry guys. I was thinking about that line I said where I wanted to fly the colors on the side of Jetmid's jet. I couldn't resist. Here is the way the beater should look. I LOVE you guys. Especially that you are all noobs. I think it is great that RWG continues to attract such passionate members. Watch people are passionate people...

Turbocross-1-1.jpg

Nice car.......wheels are just like the ones on mine.

You have a Beamer I bet then? Good for you if so. Love cross spokes. Always have. Tried to have them on every car I ever had. Not so easy to find exactly what you want aftermarket. I bought an 84' 318i when I was in college a hundred years ago and it had cross spokes. Ever since then no other design has ever looked as good to me. The pic is bad though. It was taken outside the wheel / tint shop (maybe I shouldn't have done that huh? Then I wouldn't have that second ticket, lol...) and the car looks totally different with darker glass. Not that it is blacked out or anything really though. But the 19's look remarkably well with that design. If I do happen to upgrade to an 09' next I will do cross's again but 20's this time. I don't think the 20's look good on older cars unless they are lowered and then you can't get them in the driveway...

Nice car.......wheels are just like the ones on mine.

You're right ,SOME COPS HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR

Jack took a long look at his speedometer before slowing down: 73 in a 55

zone. Fourth time in as many months. How could a guy get caught so often?

When his car had slowed to 10 miles an hour, Jack pulled over, but only

partially. Let the cop worry about the potential traffic hazard. Maybe some

other car will tweak his backside with a mirror. The cop was stepping out of

his car, the big pad in hand.

Bob? Bob from Church? Jack sunk farther into his trench coat. This was worse

than the coming ticket. A cop catching a guy from his own church. A guy who

happened to be a little eager to get home after a long day at the office. A

guy he was about to play golf with tomorrow.

Jumping out of the car, he approached a man he saw every Sunday, a man he'd

never seen in uniform.

'Hi, Bob. Fancy meeting you like this.'

'Hello, Jack.' No smile.

"Guess you caught me red-handed in a rush to see my wife and kids.'

'Yeah, I guess.' Bob seemed uncertain. Good.

'I've seen some long days at the office lately. I'm afraid I bent the rules

a bit -just this once.'

Jack toed at a pebble on the pavement. 'Diane said something about roast

beef and potatoes tonight. Know what I mean?' 'I know what you mean. I also

know that you have a reputation in our precinct .' Ouch. This was not going

in the right direction . Time to change tactics.

'What'd you clock me at?'

'Seventy. Would you sit back in your car please?'

'Now wait a minute here, Bob. I checked as soon as I saw you. I was barely

nudging 65.' The lie seemed to come easier with every ticket.

'Please, Jack, in the car'

Flustered, Jack hunched himself through the still-open door. Slamming it

shut, he stared at the dashboard. He was in no rush to open the window.

The minutes ticked by. Bob scribbled away on the pad.

Why hadn't he asked for a driver's license?

Whatever the reason, it would be a month of Sundays before Jack ever sat

near this cop again. A tap on the door jerked his head to the left. There

was Bob, a folded paper in hand Jack rolled down the window a mere two

inches, just enough room for Bob to pass him the slip.

'Thanks.' Jack could not quite keep the sneer out of his voice.

Bob returned to his police car without a word. Jack watched his retreat in

the mirror. Jack unfolded the sheet of paper. How much was this one going to

cost?

Wait a minute. What was this? Some kind of joke?

Certainly not a ticket. Jack began to read:

'Dear Jack, Once upon a time I had a daughter. She was six when killed by a

car. You guessed it- a speeding driver. A fine and three months in jail, and

the man was free. Free to hug his daughters, all three of them. I only had

one, and I'm going to have to wait until Heaven before I can ever hug her

again.

A thousand times I've tried to forgive that man. A thousand times I thought

I had. Maybe I did, but I need to do it again. Even now. Pray for me. And be

careful, Jack, my son is all I have left.'

'Bob'

Jack turned around in time to see Bob's car pull away and head down the

road. Jack watched until it disappeared. A full 15 minutes later, he too,

pulled away and drove slowly home, praying for forgiveness and hugging a

surprised wife and kids when he arrived.

Are you impressed now RobbieG.

Robbie, you do realise that aiming to be "just like Jetmid" is not exactly aiming high don't you?

After an exaustive investigation by the RWG1 "BS Squad" involving much colation of data, much websurfing and a few stragiticly placed phone calls it all fell appart. It wasn't his Jet, Jet Midwest Aircraft Sales and Charter, the firm daddy owned hadn't heard of him. Exit JetMid, stage left, head hung in shame.

I'd proberley consider aiming a little higher if I were you.

Mind you, you'r entertainment value is priceless. Come over to RWG1-Redaux any time you like. Folk there would love to see ya. You remind me (with this story) of a guy over at RWI who posted about a clerk in a jewellery store. He owned a Porsche. He got owned at the store and at the forum. End result, a thread of near Jetmid entertainment value.You don't have a brother do you?

Col.

Edited by trailboss

God the drama. Still noone reads what I say. How about a poll shall we. How many people here regularly go 88 miles an hour on a f'n highway. Every last one of you. And I tell no lies unlike the guy in your story. I knew exactly what I was doing, I broke the law and I deserved a ticket for it. But a speed trap is hardly the basis for a moral discussion which cites dead children. There are never any children walking on the section of road I "speed" on practically every day. Let me say it again, it is a FU*KING HIGHWAY. Dude? Seriously...

You're right ,SOME COPS HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR

Jack took a long look at his speedometer before slowing down: 73 in a 55

zone. Fourth time in as many months. How could a guy get caught so often?

When his car had slowed to 10 miles an hour, Jack pulled over, but only

partially. Let the cop worry about the potential traffic hazard. Maybe some

other car will tweak his backside with a mirror. The cop was stepping out of

his car, the big pad in hand.

Bob? Bob from Church? Jack sunk farther into his trench coat. This was worse

than the coming ticket. A cop catching a guy from his own church. A guy who

happened to be a little eager to get home after a long day at the office. A

guy he was about to play golf with tomorrow.

Jumping out of the car, he approached a man he saw every Sunday, a man he'd

never seen in uniform.

'Hi, Bob. Fancy meeting you like this.'

'Hello, Jack.' No smile.

"Guess you caught me red-handed in a rush to see my wife and kids.'

'Yeah, I guess.' Bob seemed uncertain. Good.

'I've seen some long days at the office lately. I'm afraid I bent the rules

a bit -just this once.'

Jack toed at a pebble on the pavement. 'Diane said something about roast

beef and potatoes tonight. Know what I mean?' 'I know what you mean. I also

know that you have a reputation in our precinct .' Ouch. This was not going

in the right direction . Time to change tactics.

'What'd you clock me at?'

'Seventy. Would you sit back in your car please?'

'Now wait a minute here, Bob. I checked as soon as I saw you. I was barely

nudging 65.' The lie seemed to come easier with every ticket.

'Please, Jack, in the car'

Flustered, Jack hunched himself through the still-open door. Slamming it

shut, he stared at the dashboard. He was in no rush to open the window.

The minutes ticked by. Bob scribbled away on the pad.

Why hadn't he asked for a driver's license?

Whatever the reason, it would be a month of Sundays before Jack ever sat

near this cop again. A tap on the door jerked his head to the left. There

was Bob, a folded paper in hand Jack rolled down the window a mere two

inches, just enough room for Bob to pass him the slip.

'Thanks.' Jack could not quite keep the sneer out of his voice.

Bob returned to his police car without a word. Jack watched his retreat in

the mirror. Jack unfolded the sheet of paper. How much was this one going to

cost?

Wait a minute. What was this? Some kind of joke?

Certainly not a ticket. Jack began to read:

'Dear Jack, Once upon a time I had a daughter. She was six when killed by a

car. You guessed it- a speeding driver. A fine and three months in jail, and

the man was free. Free to hug his daughters, all three of them. I only had

one, and I'm going to have to wait until Heaven before I can ever hug her

again.

A thousand times I've tried to forgive that man. A thousand times I thought

I had. Maybe I did, but I need to do it again. Even now. Pray for me. And be

careful, Jack, my son is all I have left.'

'Bob'

Jack turned around in time to see Bob's car pull away and head down the

road. Jack watched until it disappeared. A full 15 minutes later, he too,

pulled away and drove slowly home, praying for forgiveness and hugging a

surprised wife and kids when he arrived.

Are you impressed now RobbieG.

Nah, just having a bit of fun bro. I'm well aware of Jetmid's shortcomings and history. Sometimes I find it fun for life to imitate legend which imitates fiction whoch imitates truth. The point being the lines of division are what any individual wants them to be. I can be my job, my car, my family, myself, whatever. people believe what they want and I find it entertaining how passionate they are about people and things they don't know. I could never imagine knowing anyone here based on what they write. RWG doesn't encapsulate us. So if I can stir up the pot a bit with a car and a slightly off color story it is all and only in good fun. Not even Jetmid could despute that. The issue isn't who Jetmid was or wasn't in real life, the issue is none of us will ever really know him because obviously he wasn't ibterested in letting us know. If he were, he would have told the truth. We are all a bit different. I speak the truth but I do it in a way that sparks controversy. Sure I have the car, but I got it for a song. The illusion has obviously become real. And I got it before I even started doing well which is even funnier. I'm not rich by my standards but maybe to others I am, who knows. Again, perception is perception, and I must say I enjoy watching how people make things out of comments and mold them into a view which is skewed. Just what I'm looking for. Confirmation that the world is overflowing with people who think they can read something and understand all there is to know about it. So which of us is arrogant then? All of us? None of us?

And yes, I have been meaning to come over and hang with you guys a bit. In fact, I'll do that today. Thanks for mentioning it again and I'll see you there...

RG

Robbie, you do realise that aiming to be "just like Jetmid" is not exactly aiming high don't you?

After an exaustive investigation by the RWG1 "BS Squad" involving much colation of data, much websurfing and a few stragiticly placed phone calls it all fell appart. It wasn't his Jet, Jet Midwest Aircraft Sales and Charter, the firm daddy owned hadn't heard of him. Exit JetMid, stage left, head hung in shame.

I'd proberley consider aiming a little higher if I were you.

Mind you you'r entertainment vale is priceless. Come over to RWG1-Redaux any time you like. Folk there would love to see ya. You remind me (with this story) of a guy over at RWI who posted about a clerk in a jewellery store. You don't have a brother do you?

Col.

And so I rephrase oh hypocritical one. You NEVER go ten over the limit on highways where there are clearly children in other cars?

You know what, don't even answer that unless you say yes, because if you don't I don't believe you...

Only on a fu*king internet forum can a guy go from being a known highway speeder to a fu*king baby killer in one thread. Funny. Really funny. And you are serious too which is just baffling...

Kids in cars don't get killed by speeding drivers on highways then. Or are there no kids in cars on highways.

Robbie, for what it's worth, I know precisely where you're coming from, and suspect that we have very similar personality types. I've been accused of being arrogant on more than one occasion, when the truth could not be more the reverse. Funnily enough, one such person to accuse me of being arrogant was someone who actually didn't have a grasp on any of the concepts which they should have, and felt threatened that I knew what I was talking about. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I know what it's like to have people 'not get me', so I don't take such comments to heart. Allah knows the truth in our hearts, and that's all that matters. :good:

Yeah, I think it quite clear that people take are taking me (and themselves) far to seriously TJ, but alas it is to be expected in a discussion forum. Although I'm never any less amazed at how quick many are to judge another simply after reading a paragraph or three or four. I don't know about you, but I would much rather be thought of as an arrogant [censored], even if more than a bit unfairly, than to be judgemental of anyone without taking the time to consider all the angles and/or at the very least meet them in person. At least I'm only guilty of poor communication, maybe more, but surely not of anything as shameful as being judgemental. If I learn nothing else in my life I will strive to never be that. And if the price of that is to be perceived as an arrogant co*ksucker who drives a Porsche, spits on the law and is intent on killing and maming with a total disregard for life on the highways of the world - so be it.

It was really only supposed to be a story about how people are different. That even though I told the cop I was joking, he refused to accept that I am entitled to my own dry and sarcastic sense of humor. He pushed and I pushed back which he wasn't used to and I got a kick out if it. Our whole exchange had nothing to do with the law and you were the only person with enough wit to see that. How sad is that?

And why, in closing if I may? The answer is quite clear. Simply because you didin't judge me and you weren't looking for a way to assemble my words to cut me down. Isn't positive thinking powerful my friend? Amazing how you can see something totally different if you want to. I pray some of my critics here evolve enough in their lifetime to see it. I also suspect many of them are either young or otherwise lacking much life experience or both. I have to believe that as otherwise it would be too depressing to think that all the masses are really so quick to focus on the negative in all things in the interest of standing in judgement of others. How enslaving it must be to live that way...

Robbie, for what it's worth, I know precisely where you're coming from, and suspect that we have very similar personality types. I've been accused of being arrogant on more than one occasion, when the truth could not be more the reverse. Funnily enough, one such person to accuse me of being arrogant was someone who actually didn't have a grasp on any of the concepts which they should have, and felt threatened that I knew what I was talking about. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I know what it's like to have people 'not get me', so I don't take such comments to heart. Allah knows the truth in our hearts, and that's all that matters. :good: