When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silver Spoons, Outhouses, and Rock & Roll

RobbieG

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes your original post was cops don't have a sense of humour, but what you

clearly fail to grasp was the fact that the other 3/4 of your post is actually you

projecting yourself as a complete tool.

I may be a noob here, so what.

Does that mean we don't qualify to comment!?

Everyone Reading your thread thinks the same thing, are you that stupid that

you think everyone reading this is not "getting" your story?

It's not funny. it's not impressing anyone, and your replies just confirm

what people think.......

I'll be happy to confirm that your a lethal, dangerous thoughtless helmet.

But hey, as you said, what do noobs know anyway?

And there you go again!!

Your the one bringing it all up you muppet!

Christ your enough to give a person haemorrhoids!

Son,

-Let's not get out of context there nooby. The charity statement is none of your business so don't make it so. I was making a reference to the other poster who was attacking my membership status as a way of judgeing me. I offered that as a reason why you might not want to judge people.

-Right, who cares how much money I have? I don't nor do I ask you about yours. Why must you bring it up?

- Huge fines? Is four hundred bucks a huge fine and reserved for the wealthy? What did I miss?

- And since when is mentioning a brand of automobile classified as what do you say, "gushing" about it. Yeah, I got a Porsche and a Mini. I also had a 80' Toyota Tercel once and an 87' Golf and an 84' 318i and an Izuzu pickup truck. What is your point?

You noobs are unbeliveable. Are you guys from RepGeeks or something? You don't like my thread don't read it. Where the personal attacks come from I haven't a clue. There is an old saying that goes, "Don't open your mouth till' you know what the shot is". Seems like a few people here need a lesson in getting the facts straight before hanging a guy for something they don't even understand. I'll say it again. This whole thread and the point of the story was that a cop didn't get my dry sense of humor and gave me an extra ticket for it. That's all folks...

I'm beginning to think that you are one of those people who like to start a fire because of all the fun you have in getting to put it out.

If this charming anecdote gives us a glimpse into how you conduct yourself in the "real" world then I think you should stick to watch talk.

I also believe that if you continue to spew life lessons here, all you are going accomplish is to clog up this board with incendiary topics.

You gotta let this one go, Robbie.

Some of these guys have a point, when I was reading your OP, I was a little disgusted that you believe driving at double the speed limit is fine with you. Nobody ever wishes to create accidents leading to death or injury, but thats why they are called "accidents", because they happen at a split second - often BEYOND our control.

btw - I don't think the officer was being a jerk either, people ought to be punished for being a smartass. Do the crime, pay the fine :)

Lets move on, shall we gentlemen?

I drive fast also. By fast I mean no more than 5-10 mph over the limit. I am a great driver, never been in an accident (sometimes by the grace of God), but I'm not arrogant enought to drive 88 in a 45. That is just to fast to avoid the risk of harming others.

You commented that its a bad thing to try and "hurt" others. But that was the intent behind your words to the cop. You even sounded proud that when you left he was scowling and you were smiling.

An english professor once told me that all good stories have the ability to spark thought and garner opinions from all who read it. Good thing I didn't become a writer since I suck so bad at getting my point across. Oh well, I'll chalk this one up to failure. And now that I re-read my OP I guess i see why. Not exactly linear and easy to see the real point. I spent too much time on the details...

Clearly, as the noob said, the masses can't be wrong here since the verdict is unanimous. That said, I'll graicously admit defeat. Although I must dispute the lethal and dangerous consensus as I hope you will all re-read the part where I tell you that I got the ticket on a highway. I doubt many here feel that 88 on a highway comes close to reckless - even in America. But if it is the will of the masses to paint me a demon who weaves in and out of school zones, so be it. But I hope cooler heads would prevail and realize that at 41, I'm hardly reckless in any way and I would hope not knowing me any better that you might give me the benefit of the doubt on that - even if you don't quite know what StevieJay the noob means when he says I am a lethal, dangerous, thoughtless...helmet?

But please, take to heart at least some of what I said. Don't go judging others right away guys. A little benefit of the doubt will take you a long way in life. Sorry to if I sound like a preacher but some of you might want to consider why some of you feel the need to rush so quickly to judgement of a guy after reading a single paragraph...

Stay tuned tomorrow for part 2, where I terrorize a group of unsuspecting tomato farmers with a Mini Cooper, a tub of axle grease and an electric dog polisher... :p

Robbie, for what it's worth, I totally get your point: The cop was being a jerk by writing you up for your tints. That was, while technically speaking probably not an abuse of his authority, it was morally speaking, a needless one. He'd written you the speeding ticket, he shouldn't've then decided to write you up for something else regardless of what you said to him. That was nothing more than a jobsworth cop looking for excuses to write a ticket and throw their weight around a little due to injured pride.

But.

That does not give you a moral high-ground to complain about his lack of humor, given that you were speeding... Regardless of your personal driving experience and skill, speed limits exist for a reason and they apply to everyone using the roads. (personally, I'd be for de-restricting the motorways and freeways in the same manner as the German autobahns, and let people's own discipline and requirement govern how fast they drive) Allowing oneself the cash to pay speeding tickets with the intention of speeding (as with the Jack Johnson anecdote) shows a total disregard for authority and the rules, and it's not surprising that folks don't take kindly to it (especially not when traffic accidents can have such devestating consequences) and being prepared to pay tickets, does not entitle someone to flaunt a rule, with the mindset that if they can pay the fine, it doesn't matter if they break the rule (whatever rule that may be) (That might not be what you intended when you mentioned the 'ticket allowance', but that is how someone could have read it).

If you want to drive fast, go to a 'track day'... Do it in a controlled, safe environment. At the very least, it'll save you in ticket fees ;)

Peace

...This whole thread and the point of the story was that a cop didn't get my dry sense of humor...

Ok, as you have indicated, the (intedned) point of your story was that a cop didn't get your dry sense of humor. Evidently this thread is proof that "the cop" is clearly not alone... ;)

Please get this right guys. 88 in a 45 yes, but a SPEED trap 45. I got my ticket on a section of highway that is designed as a trap. The speed limit before that section is 75 and drops right to 45...

So again, don't be so quick to judge when you don't have all the facts.

And in this world it is survival of the fittest my friend. It was his intention to have my scowling and it was him. In a zero sum game somebody wins and somebody loses. Am I happy about it? Of course not. But then again, am I happy I wasn't the one bumming out with a ruined day. You bet. I looked at it not as a triumph for myself, but for all my brothers who are less fortunate than me who want to stand up for themselves but can't. The real irony is if I hadn't been honest with the cop for anything unrealted he would of scolded me for lying. Like if I lied and said I had an appointment. He would have loved to prove I was lying about that.

Instead I tell the truth and accepted my ticket. make no mistake, he hated that I was willing to accept my punishment and made no effort to get out of it. That is what [censored] him off and why he did what he did. I could see the jealosy in his eyes. It is a sad state in this world but some people just hate other people because they have nicer things than they do. I couldn't imagine being that way but yet I encounter it everyday. Some people will just loathe you because you wear a nice watch or drive a nice car. Surely everyone on this forum of all places has encountered that many, many times in their lives...

I drive fast also. By fast I mean no more than 5-10 mph over the limit. I am a great driver, never been in an accident (sometimes by the grace of God), but I'm not arrogant enought to drive 88 in a 45. That is just to fast to avoid the risk of harming others.

You commented that its a bad thing to try and "hurt" others. But that was the intent behind your words to the cop. You even sounded proud that when you left he was scowling and you were smiling.

Yeah, I think I just admitted that - no?

Ok, as you have indicated, the (intedned) point of your story was that a cop didn't get your dry sense of humor. Evidently this thread is proof that "the cop" is clearly not alone... ;)

Absolutely TJ, 100%. And you are right. I just didn't articulate it the way I wanted to. I was just being honest with him and really not being sarcastic at all - just being my dry self. And for the record I really don't think I'm above the law because I can pay the fine. I only meant to illustrate that I feel bad for all the people who can't, so I somehow feel good letting him know that I don't need him to "teach me a lesson" - as many cops feel they need to be everyone's Daddy. It felt good to let him know that I was one guy that wasn't going to respond with the fear he was hoping for and with that I score one for some poor sap he ran down and cost some kid's Christmas presents with his high moral ground. Now if I was being reckless that is a different story. He should throw me in jail then. But speed traps and cops that work them that have absolutely no safety or public value like that one? Let's just say I don't mind spitting on that authority...

Robbie, for what it's worth, I totally get your point: The cop was being a jerk by writing you up for your tints. That was, while technically speaking probably not an abuse of his authority, it was morally speaking, a needless one. He'd written you the speeding ticket, he shouldn't've then decided to write you up for something else regardless of what you said to him. That was nothing more than a jobsworth cop looking for excuses to write a ticket and throw their weight around a little due to injured pride.

But.

That does not give you a moral high-ground to complain about his lack of humor, given that you were speeding... Regardless of your personal driving experience and skill, speed limits exist for a reason and they apply to everyone using the roads. (personally, I'd be for de-restricting the motorways and freeways in the same manner as the German autobahns, and let people's own discipline and requirement govern how fast they drive) Allowing oneself the cash to pay speeding tickets with the intention of speeding (as with the Jack Johnson anecdote) shows a total disregard for authority and the rules, and it's not surprising that folks don't take kindly to it (especially not when traffic accidents can have such devestating consequences) and being prepared to pay tickets, does not entitle someone to flaunt a rule, with the mindset that if they can pay the fine, it doesn't matter if they break the rule (whatever rule that may be) (That might not be what you intended when you mentioned the 'ticket allowance', but that is how someone could have read it).

If you want to drive fast, go to a 'track day'... Do it in a controlled, safe environment. At the very least, it'll save you in ticket fees ;)

Peace

OK folks...before this turns into the biggest flame war in history...let's all stop taking personal attacks on each other. If you don't like the person...walk away and don't read it. If you don't like the topic...respond...but contribute to the TOPIC.

Anyways...back to being on track...

The road regulations are put in place for a reason...and generally not as an arbitrary assignment to inconvenience anybody. The fact of the matter is, going above speed does in fact endanger other people. Going twice above speed almost guarantees that if you do get in an accident, odds are good it's going to be a big one. The odds of getting in an accident are generally pretty low if you practice your due diligence...but add in the factor of speed and the end result of an accident exponentially gets worse.

The sad thing is, you are endangering other people for the thrill of going above speed to a point where you're really not going that fast. 90mph? You know it's not a big deal. You can drive twice that legally in half the countries in Europe. If you really enjoy your cars and want to drive them...then DRIVE them. If you just want to go fast in a straight line, what are you doing with a Cooper S or a Porsche?...get a Corvette or a Mustang.

Do like my friends do...get together...book some track time...and DRIVE THE HECK OUT OF THOSE SUCKERS. There's nothing more satisfying to the boy toy needs than blowing through some fresh racing rubber in a single session on a track. Short Track Series are great too...check out Porsche Owners Club for events if you don't want to contract out track time privately.

Anybody who has done this generally realizes, the thrill of speeding in the city is really kids stuff compared to REALLY opening up your car. Choose your track, and you might well find you have more of a driving adrenaline rush going no more than 80-100kph through a series of chicanes or obstacle sections than you could ever thought possible. The first couple times I had sessions on a short performance handling course in a Cooper S were crazy...I couldn't keep my eyes off the course because of the need to constantly read the line...my heart was racing...my co-pilot said I was averaging 60kph...and peaked at 80kph...tires squealing for 50% of the time!

That's real fun.

You just don't learn do you!

Why must you think your above everyone else!?

In here you called someone a redneck, your using

the phrase "steviejay the noob" why mention the noob

part? does it give you a sense of being above others?

Sniggering at the law, you painted yourself mate don't

for one second push this on others that they are painting

you as a spawn of satan lol

This is a forum, your not above me or anyone else, you

might be suprised what I do, have seen and deal with day to

day.

I'd suggest you get off your tower because nothing you say

on this subject or set of events impresses anyone.

Stories like this should be kept to Mcdonalds car parks

because the only people impressed by these things are

people like yourself.

Maybe one day you might wake up and join the rest of

the civilized world, or get a track membership and get

it out of your system where innocent parties are not forced

into your thrill seeking games?

Noob or no noob, thank Christ the other "big posters" are

are grounded!

Absolutely TJ, 100%. And you are right. I just didn't articulate it the way I wanted to. I was just being honest with him and really not being sarcastic at all - just being my dry self. And for the record I really don't think I'm above the law because I can pay the fine. I only meant to illustrate that I feel bad for all the people who can't, so I somehow feel good letting him know that I don't need him to "teach me a lesson" - as many cops feel they need to be everyone's Daddy. It felt good to let him know that I was one guy that wasn't going to respond with the fear he was hoping for and with that I score one for some poor sap he ran down and cost some kid's Christmas presents with his high moral ground. Now if I was being reckless that is a different story. He should throw me in jail then. But speed traps and cops that work them that have absolutely no safety or public value like that one? Let's just say I don't mind spitting on that authority...

Text sometimes fails to convey the true spirit of someone's words, so I always try and read things with an open mind :) I totally agree, the fact that you weren't trying to get out of it, and then threw in a joke was probably more than he could accept. He sounds like the kind of guy who gets 'a job with a uniform' so he can throw his weight around (probably hung like a hamster ;) ) You're quite right, it's a huge difference in circumstances to doing that speed in a freeway speedtrap, than say in a residential area, and, to be honest, I don't like that kind of speedtraps (or even signs warning people of speed cameras etc) as if someone is speeding, then in their attempt to brake down to the stated limit, that in itself can cause accidents to happen... I really do think that the best system would be to retain speed limits in towns and residential areas (although to be honest, it's pretty hard to break a 30 mph speed limit while pulling out of a 30 ft cul-de-sac, but, it's good to retain them for legal reasons for the occasion when someone does go tearing through such an area) and just de-restrict other freeways like the autobahns. People choose their lane by the speed they want to go, or if they need to overtake. It's so simple. But, at the end of the day, the rules are the rules, and one should always respect the badge, even if one doesn't respect the wearer ;)

Thanks Toad - especially for the part about personal attacks...

Let me re-iterate that I got my ticket on a highway/artery trap coming off a 75 mph zone that turns right back into one. In fairness to me everyone speeds there. My "speeding" about town was just unarticulated by me. I live for acceleration and I only jam throught the first two gears and that is it in town. I'm no maniac guys and I'm sorry if I accidentally painted that picture.

And yes we do book track time regularly. There are a group of us and between us we have my 996, three Mini's, a 997GT2, a 360 Challenge, a 430 and a Vantage.

Oh and going in straight lines is no reason to get a Corvette or a Mustang. Let's not get crazy now. LOL. Actually, speaking of straight lines, in Florida we have no choice - there are no curves. Haha.

And yes, hammering Mini's on the track takes a TON of concentration. Fun, fun fun!

Conversely, the AWD Porsche's drive quite easily. Very well suited to amateur drivers. Man, speaking of safety I know a lot of guys that shouldn't have RWD Porsche's - especially Turbo's. My best friend is the guy with the GT2 in our little group and his is boosted to 780hp! The car is just downright scary. It is REALLY tough to keep on the road. If you stomp it in 4th gear at speed and clutch it the rear end will literally skip to the side about a foot as the car leaves the ground. And off the line? The car pulls like a rhino attached to a train with an elephant on top. Just scares the sh*t out of me.

I like the nice tame concept of the AWD car. It is enough for me. I am thinking of getting an 09 as it will be the last year for a while and I may take that up to 640hp, but I will stick with the AWD car as I feel it is much tamer to drive. The GT2 has the cool factor but I don't think it is worth the dough. For way less money you can have a car that is quicker and faster and easier to drive and you still have rear seats in case God forbid you might wnat to take a foursome out for dinner...LOL

OK folks...before this turns into the biggest flame war in history...let's all stop taking personal attacks on each other. If you don't like the person...walk away and don't read it. If you don't like the topic...respond...but contribute to the TOPIC.

Anyways...back to being on track...

The road regulations are put in place for a reason...and generally not as an arbitrary assignment to inconvenience anybody. The fact of the matter is, going above speed does in fact endanger other people. Going twice above speed almost guarantees that if you do get in an accident, odds are good it's going to be a big one. The odds of getting in an accident are generally pretty low if you practice your due diligence...but add in the factor of speed and the end result of an accident exponentially gets worse.

The sad thing is, you are endangering other people for the thrill of going above speed to a point where you're really not going that fast. 90mph? You know it's not a big deal. You can drive twice that legally in half the countries in Europe. If you really enjoy your cars and want to drive them...then DRIVE them. If you just want to go fast in a straight line, what are you doing with a Cooper S or a Porsche?...get a Corvette or a Mustang.

Do like my friends do...get together...book some track time...and DRIVE THE HECK OUT OF THOSE SUCKERS. There's nothing more satisfying to the boy toy needs than blowing through some fresh racing rubber in a single session on a track. Short Track Series are great too...check out Porsche Owners Club for events if you don't want to contract out track time privately.

Anybody who has done this generally realizes, the thrill of speeding in the city is really kids stuff compared to REALLY opening up your car. Choose your track, and you might well find you have more of a driving adrenaline rush going no more than 80-100kph through a series of chicanes or obstacle sections than you could ever thought possible. The first couple times I had sessions on a short performance handling course in a Cooper S were crazy...I couldn't keep my eyes off the course because of the need to constantly read the line...my heart was racing...my co-pilot said I was averaging 60kph...and peaked at 80kph...tires squealing for 50% of the time!

That's real fun.

Stay tuned tomorrow for part 2, where I terrorize a group of unsuspecting tomato farmers with a Mini Cooper, a tub of axle grease and an electric dog polisher......at the local Mcdonald's car park.

Here is the press release for tomorrow's event:

Afterwards there will be a short seminar by guest speaker StevieJay who will explain why RobbieG feels he is better than everyone else after reading one thread. After all, nobody has a greater handle on people he doesn't know in the slightest than Stevie and we are lucky to have his assesment. RobbieG is also expected to appear (after terrorizing in his car of course) and is rumoured to finally reveal that he is in fact the spawn of satan as many have suspected. If there are any members of the law enforcement community present, you can also be sure there will be plenty of sniggering. There will also be a raffle and the grand prize is expected to be RobbieG's track membership.

:p

You just don't learn do you!

Why must you think your above everyone else!?

In here you called someone a redneck, your using

the phrase "steviejay the noob" why mention the noob

part? does it give you a sense of being above others?

Sniggering at the law, you painted yourself mate don't

for one second push this on others that they are painting

you as a spawn of satan lol

This is a forum, your not above me or anyone else, you

might be suprised what I do, have seen and deal with day to

day.

I'd suggest you get off your tower because nothing you say

on this subject or set of events impresses anyone.

Stories like this should be kept to Mcdonalds car parks

because the only people impressed by these things are

people like yourself.

Maybe one day you might wake up and join the rest of

the civilized world, or get a track membership and get

it out of your system where innocent parties are not forced

into your thrill seeking games?

Noob or no noob, thank Christ the other "big posters" are

are grounded!

>>>>>>I drive fast. Really fast. I never push the limits or put others in danger<<<<<<

Sorry, IMO what I quoted from your thread make no sense. If you speed you are putting others at risk, no matter how good you are.

Just a couple of days ago a cop kill himself following a speedy driver in my town, does the dare devil ever thought this would happen? NO.

Oh Christ,

You too Rob? Did you even read the thread? Are you kidding me?

- I do go to the track quite often

- I don't speed in town I speed at that track in fact

- I'm sorry I didn't make that clear enough for the 11th time in the OP. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry

- I'm not some cross walk jumping maniac for Christ sakes

Federal Law? What the Christ does that have to do with any of this? Nothing of course. And yet you defend a badge and an ideal when you don't even know anything of the situation at all but still stand in judgement over me and cite the law? The law? Do you tell your boss how you make your moonlight living in an illegal industry? Clearly you are above the law then right? Oh yeah, that is different though. Hypocrites. And I thought they were mostly in America. The law had nothing to do with my story. It was a story about how my sense of humor is so dry that I am frequently pre-judged as I was by captain traffic today and how I was further penalized for telling the truth...

If you are at a point in your personal evolution where you would have someone blindly respect a badge regardless of their abuse of power I feel pity for you I really do. This guy has a history of trapping people and costing them money. The little guy triumphed for a day by putting him in his place. That is all. But let's face it, all this is just a chance for the haters to take what I say out of context and bash me. You haven't liked me for some time so I suppose you just saw this thread as a fitting place to read what you want to read and cement your opinion. I could give a fu*k really as I have no love for you either or your amateur arrogance but yet I never felt the need to tell you that until provoked just now.

As someone who's day job involves enforcing a section of federal law, pray you don't ever cross my path. I have no time for anyone with your smug attitude where you think your above the law.

If you can afford a 996, grow up and take it to the track where you can only risk killing yourself.

Yeah and like I said I forgot to write not in town or to excess for the 12th time. I get tickets, but it doesn't mean I'm reckless. What is it going to take to get that through?

>>>>>>I drive fast. Really fast. I never push the limits or put others in danger<<<<<<

Sorry, IMO what I quoted from your thread make no sense. If you speed you are putting others at risk, no matter how good you are.

Just a couple of days ago a cop kill himself following a speedy driver in my town, does the dare devil ever thought this would happen? NO.

Is that really called for M? It is bad enough that the name calling goes unchecked around here lately, but now I have to be called a [censored] to my face by a Co-Admin here too? If you don't like me that is fine but sheesh, that is a little brutal man I have to tell you.

It isn't like my feelings are hurt or anything as I'm very used to not being the most popular guy here sometimes and I know I'm controversial, but you should know that it certainly isn't from a lack of heart but rather shabby communication skills. If nothing else I'm only trying to provoke though in anything and I'm looking for truth just like everyone else.

If you gave me the benefit of the doubt as a first reaction instead of jumping to conclusions you might realize that and discover that ironically, I'm really not arrogant, though on the surface it may seem so some times. In fact if many here really knew the level of humility it takes to be good at what I do it would baffle them. That is the paradox for me when I read that people think I'm arrogant it always draws a chuckle. The chuckle comes from knowing that if I really was arrogant I would go broke in about a day and a half. I just don't convey my self well in words sometimes for some reason.

That said, I know who my friends are and given our history I'm well aware that you wouldn't count yourself as one of them. But even if you aren't my freind, you are after all an Admin, and I would appreciate not being called names by a supposed unbiased party. Surely other members reading this thread have to concur that mods and admins need not contribute to any name calling and above all else remain unbiased.

What's fair is fair TT. No harm done, but ease up would ya?

Robbie...

You really can be an arrogant [censored] sometimes...

This Loop is now Binned...

Executive privileges to not see it in "View New Posts" anymore...

TT

First off Robbie, I may be an Admin, but I'm also a member...

Does volunteering my time allow me to not have an opinion [and express it]...

I have no beef with you personally or otherwise...

I think you're a valuable contributor to the community [most of the time]...

Hell, I've even purchased a piece from you [Yacht Master] that I still own and love...

None of [the above] which changes that your forum persona is smug [Ziggy's expression] and arrogant...

Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over...

And as I said, certainly nothing personal...

If you ever make that drive south from P-Town and want to stop to have that drink, I'm game...

"Where People Gather, Life Happens"

TT

where's jake48?

Well - I was busy out "hammering" my Enzo F40 trying to get to the airport on time so that the co-pilot of my Gulfstream III wouldn't be mad at me for holding up our flight to Monaco. Of course, if I hadn't of dropped my Ulysse Nardin Freak early when I was trying on that Tour de l

Jake as you can see is obsessed with me and my money. He greatest aspiration is to balance my checkbook and study my tax returns in the front seat of my Porsche.

He always says I bore him yet look at the effort he puts into writing about me. Big, chunkie paragraphs and highly detailed. He also just won't give up pining for me. I told you before Jake, I'm not gay and besides, I'm already taken. Now get back down to the hangar and put that second coat of wax on my G5 before I have to fire your a*s.

Can't get good help these days. They are always so busy analyzing what I'm doing they fall short on their own goals. And you know what happens then? You can't get the damn plane waxed in time to fly to Basel. We can't have that now can we? How else will I get my advance order in on all the new tourbys out next year? I'll tell you what Jake: Do an extra good job and I'll throw you a gen Skagen and an extra battery as a bonus :D

Well - I was busy out "hammering" my Enzo F40 trying to get to the airport on time so that the co-pilot of my Gulfstream III wouldn't be mad at me for holding up our flight to Monaco. Of course, if I hadn't of dropped my Ulysse Nardin Freak early when I was trying on that Tour de l