When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 88 Is Here!

thomasng

Berathtaking watch...

Panerai should be crapping in there pants... The small second GMT is probably one of the most difficult PAM's to make movement wise. The makers of this moddel have probably gone to extreme lengths to copy/modify a movement that supports a small seconds and a GMT indicator. If they can make this then they can make any PAM on the face of this earth...

Check this thread out...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=8721

I didn't care for the dial of the GMT very much - up until now. That is one gorgeous watch, especially Neils blue dial.

But, with such a complicated movement, I wonder how stable the movement will be? Every time they try to copy a movement with compications, there are problems.

Good god that's beautiful! Just when I thought I had my small collection where I wanted it, they go and produce this. I liked the dial on TTKs too. Guess I'll be getting one of these when they become available, then I'll be done, until the next one comes out.

One final question: What stage of paneritis is it when you begin considering selling off your rollie reps to buy a new panny rep?

What makes this watch awesome is the use of the reliable Asian 7750b1, so I suspect there shouldn't be much problem, no chrono function to muck it up to boot.

Just get a good datewheel and cyclops, AR coating and crown and Panerai should [censored] their pants.

Hell yeah I'm gonna get one of these, perfect match with my 029 which is recieving the datewheel, cyclops, relume, crown and AR upgrade.

This one came out from the blue... I was never expecting it to be repped,

and therefore tried the 063, which I later sold, due to the black hands, which

don't appeal to me.

I will wait however till our dealers get ahold of it....

Hear that Andrew.. here's my chance to make up for

not jumping on your quartz omega bandwagon... ^_^

Like others here have mentioned,... I also thought my collection was complete...

but I guess it never ends... :bicycle: We are going to be roasted until we're ashes....

or our wifes kick us out, with our plastic bag of cheap watches....

Thanks Admin.. also curses to you.... :whistling:

Just wondering, so do you guys think this new GMT will drive down the re-sale value of the 2893 engine 029 and 063s?

Nice looking watches. Only flaws I see is that the GMT hand is a bit shorter then gen; the triangle on the GMT hand is slightly different in shape; the "swiss made" is supposed to be on either side of thte 12 marking, not beneath; and the usual date font and crown guard issues. Also, the PAM 89 has an anthracite dial, which is not the same as the rep's blue dial. Still, would be a nice watch once the price hits sub-$300.

Just wondering, so do you guys think this new GMT will drive down the re-sale value of the 2893 engine 029 and 063s?

Not necessarily - the 2893 is one of the best movts ETA make. This new PAM has the potential for conversion to ETA but at extra cost. The PAM 063 GMT is a must have watch, classic Panerai.

Not necessarily - the 2893 is one of the best movts ETA make. This new PAM has the potential for conversion to ETA but at extra cost. The PAM 063 GMT is a must have watch, classic Panerai.

Whole heartily agree. I`ve had my 063 for 6 months now, and still loving it. Also I never gave much thought to mods on watches, but now seriously considering the upgrades on this one. :thumbsupsmileyanim: