When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iphone

edgematic

I sold my blackberry pearl because I'm looking for an Iphone.

Now, I would like to know where I should look to find an Iphone for about $300.

I thought of Ebay, but since I'm a EU member I have to pay quiet alot taxes to the customs... So buying from a US Ebay member wouldn't be a solution.

Anyone else who knows a reliable source for Iphones? Maybe wholesale?

Best regards

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah but when I look on the belgian Ebay, they don't sell under $370. Even the first Iphones go that expensive... :s

Personally I think you'd be best off just ponying up and buying one from the Apple Store or from Mobistar - two reasons, one you'll get a warranty, and secondly finding any Apple kit, not just iPhones, at anything less than retail is just so very very unlikely to be not worth the time and effort spent looking.

There are some good eBay deals on iPhones, but it is a case of looking, and a great deal if luck. I got my iPhone off the bay in near mint condition, but that was a really lucky find.

One thing I would say helps justify the cost of the iPhone, is the versatility of its operations, and its customizability via the app store B)

I sold my blackberry pearl because I'm looking for an Iphone.

Now, I would like to know where I should look to find an Iphone for about $300.

I thought of Ebay, but since I'm a EU member I have to pay quiet alot taxes to the customs... So buying from a US Ebay member wouldn't be a solution.

Anyone else who knows a reliable source for Iphones? Maybe wholesale?

Best regards

I'm sellign a first generation Iphone perfect screen, small scratch on the top back of the case - $150 US + 15$ shipped to EU

if you want it PM me, i'm going to be out of the country till 12/15 - can ship it then

i have 2 iphone 3gs - that my wife and i USE only difference is the 3g speed (you can use wi fi) and the GPS chip - and, frankly, my iphone 3g uses AGPS alot - the GPS chip isn't as reliable as the Windows mobile phones.

anyway if you want the first gen iphone, pm me

hey, sorry everyone, my wife informs me that were not selling it for that price, i was mistaken.

it was her phone. - She says they are going for stupid ridiculous prices on ebay.

not sure what to do here, i'd like to help you guys out, at the same time, i'm kind of out of work at the moment and can't afford to not sell it for what its worth :(

its jailbroken and unlocked as well, 8gb, a few small scratches by the headphone jack. If someone wants to figure out the going rate on ebay, including the scratches, i'll sell it for that - and give 10% to RWG.

software 2.2

comes with all original accessories, except the headphones. I'm leaving today, be back in a week on sunday, i can do photos then, if anyone wants it, PM me, cause i won't see this thread. also, links tot he ebay auctions would be helpful.:)

LOL I was going to make a REALLY funny (sterotypical) joke earlier, but I didnt because I was sure it would hit a few nerves, and now - after the price bump - this joke would have been AT LEAST 100x funnier. I'm almost bustin a nut here :lol:

@edgematic: you can have mine for 300euros + shipping, in germany they currently go for about 350, so i guess that is a fair price. It has one tiny scratch on the front and one tiny on the back, barely visible (it came like that and I didnt bother requesting a new one because it never bothered me). Comes with everything (docking station, packaing etc.), either US-type charger or EU charger, Unlocked of course. I'll leave the headphones out though (don't think you'd like used headphones anyways).

im hearing from a RIM employee i know that the blackberry storm is a piece of crap... he also owns one, perhaps nothing is good enough for him tho...

You're probably right :D

I'm not sure touchscreen is for me so i got the Bold which is great. Have it on a 20GBP per month deal with unlimited internet/email along with 600 mins and 1000 texts :)

Good luck getting a cheap phone!

It is a good price indeed. I contacted Phoban, now just awaiting his reply.

Do you have a 1Gen Slay? If yes, what do you think about it? Happy?

Best regards

@edge!

If you text and email a lot, forget the iPhone! That's the worst part of it! The rest is excellent! But if you want something close to the iPhone that you could buy from the NET,

look at the Nokia E71! It has most of the iPhone specs at a cheaper price and with a keypad....albeit a little different than the Blackberry!

I have both the iPhone and the Curve and the BB8830 and the BB phones beat the iPhone hands down on texting and emailing!

And you won't be able to find an iPhone 3g for under $300! AND WHY BUY AN OLDER MODEL???? That don't make sense to me, IMO!

Boys and our TOYS! LOL! We can't get enough! Good luck!

@edge!

If you text and email a lot, forget the iPhone! That's the worst part of it! The rest is excellent! But if you want something close to the iPhone that you could buy from the NET,

look at the Nokia E71! It has most of the iPhone specs at a cheaper price and with a keypad....albeit a little different than the Blackberry!

I have both the iPhone and the Curve and the BB8830 and the BB phones beat the iPhone hands down on texting and emailing!

And you won't be able to find an iPhone 3g for under $300! AND WHY BUY AN OLDER MODEL???? That don't make sense to me, IMO!

Boys and our TOYS! LOL! We can't get enough! Good luck!

Well, why the Iphone: Because of the Ipod feature, wifi, videos, touchscreen, easy to work with, ...

I'm often alone on the train so then it would be a great solution. Why no Nokia, because I've had bad experiences with their phones. Also, my last BB was a disaster! It just went crazy sometimes, I never installed applications or other things and when I had it for about 3 months it sometimes opened messages without my touch, it sent empty messages to people, it just went crazy and I didn't touch it.

So why no Iphone, I hear so much good words about it... I'm not looking for a 3G under $300, I'm looking for a 1G, I like it that it has a metal or steel caseback and the differences with the 3G aren't that big...

And indeed, there you say it "boys and our toys"

hehe

(sorry for my english, I'm not superb at typing it...)

im hearing from a RIM employee i know that the blackberry storm is a piece of crap... he also owns one, perhaps nothing is good enough for him tho...

The Storm was rushed to market in the hope of taking sales from the iPhone. It was a failure at that.

I was hoping the Storm would be better and Apple would have to up their game, but unfortunately, we're down to hoping the Aussie Android will be good enough.

The Storm was rushed to market in the hope of taking sales from the iPhone. It was a failure at that.

I was hoping the Storm would be better and Apple would have to up their game, but unfortunately, we're down to hoping the Aussie Android will be good enough.

I've heard there is another "Storm" type phone in the works. Probably a version that is what the first should be - having said that I haven't tried out the Storm yet, it may be really really good. At least it sounded like it would be. Lots of people seem to be getting it though. RIM are good with regular firmware updates so any issues should get resolved fairly quickly I'd guess?

Anyway more competition leads to better products in the long run...

(Still don't think a touchscreen is for me so I'll stick with the Bold until the N97 or N83 are out ;))