When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My "Take" of "Old School" Members

lanikai

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you've got us confused, amigo, I don't think there's ever been bad blood between me and Robbie, and sharing a birthday, that really makes us bros :lol:

ahhh shoot.. and here I was feelin all warm inside.. can't you guy's jus argue a little .. maybe crack each other over the head a couple a times.. like brothers do. ?? no,.. OK then..

sheesh.. been a long year.. confused I am.... :rolleyes:

Happy 2009 to ya TJ.. must be 09 there by now??

lani, well thought out post; couldn't agree more with your thoughts ;)

while i wasn't around pre-RWG, i often feel like an old-timer. the reps these factories are coming out with now are truly amazing; even two short years ago i wouldn't have believed you if you had told me reps would get this close straight out of the box :o

deltatahoe

I really think of you as an Old time vet though.. not of the "crusty" variety mind you... your info has been totally helpful .. that's fo sure B ..

@tenacious.. mmm the past life deal.. believe it I do B) .. and Mahalo

Happy New Year all who are already into 2009 !!!! :D

Yeah, not me and TJ Lani. Never anything but a brothers with us - just like you...

And BTW Lani, you can bust on me whenever you like. I'm not wound tight like that and you know that. Brothers till the end for sure.

On the other side, although TJ isnt one of them, there certainly are those who very clearly don't like me (really only one actually) and that are wound too tight for jokes and anything else for that matter. But they aren't really part of our "regulars" crew on here anyway so when there is a battle with I kind of enjoy the intellectual sparring of it anyway. Breaks the boredome once and a while and keeps the mind sharp. That is what makes this place great though - even the bad blood doesn't taste too terrible.

I think you've got us confused, amigo, I don't think there's ever been bad blood between me and Robbie, and sharing a birthday, that really makes us bros :lol:

Yeah, not me and TJ Lani. Never anything but a brothers with us - just like you...

And BTW Lani, you can bust on me whenever you like. I'm not wound tight like that and you know that. Brothers till the end for sure.

On the other side, although TJ isnt one of them, there certainly are those who very clearly don't like me (really only one actually) and that are wound too tight for jokes and anything else for that matter. But they aren't really part of our "regulars" crew on here anyway so when there is a battle with I kind of enjoy the intellectual sparring of it anyway. Breaks the boredome once and a while and keeps the mind sharp. That is what makes this place great though - even the bad blood doesn't taste too terrible.

catch up with ya bumbye R... my skype is acting up.. cannot connect your incoming .. don't have my head set here at the coffee shop anyway..

time to go to the boat ramp and take a nap with the sound of the waves busting shore ... I'd take a swim to flat island but after the flooding the water is still a little pilau...

ahhh shoot.. and here I was feelin all warm inside.. can't you guy's jus argue a little .. maybe crack each other over the head a couple a times.. like brothers do. ?? no,.. OK then..

sheesh.. been a long year.. confused I am.... :rolleyes:

Happy 2009 to ya TJ.. must be 09 there by now??

Sorry to kill your moment :lol: Happy 2009 to you too, my brother :) Not 09 here yet, five hours and change till midnight :)

For ..Auld Lang Syne

Old Long Since

thank you for the memories of 2008 ALL !!

off to the gym.. last work out for 2008

when I get back Stephane it will be 2009 for you and most if not all of EU ...

Here's to RWG .. of 2009

Live Long and Prosper !!!!!!! B)

Aloha Pume Hana

lani

Great post!! I totally understand your point of view, it stands for giving respect for those who came before us (and those who are still here) that created this place for us, and continue to make it great with us.

And at this time, I wish to say THANK YOU to all of the old school members out there for their knowledge, advice, posts, photography and most of all, for their inspiration.

And to all members who read this, I wish all a happy and healthy 2009!!!

AS 2PAC SAID IN HIS RAP:

"Here we go; we gonna send this one out to the old school

All these motherf..kers in the Bronx, and Brooklyn, and Staten Island

Queens, and all the motherf..kers that laid it down, the foundation

yaknowhatI'msayin? Nuttin but love for the old school

That's who we gonna do this one for, ya feel me?"

HAPPY NEW YEAR

JJ

But we are now a bit of old and a bit of new ... some may say wow, some of those members are really harsh... just understand .. why RWG is so technically informed.. it's because of members that are so bent on perfection

I have to agree; don't get discouraged because your rep has a flaw. Every rep has a flaw - some bigger some smaller.

If you want "perfection" go to the store and buy gen. But I doubt you'll have as much fun doing it as we do!

Member #'s are an indication of 'School'. New or Old.

When the BIG change came to RWG, I was proud to be in the 20's.

Enjoying the friendships here at RWG is way more important than how long you have been

around.

Happy New Year to ALL RWG members.

Just remember that if it wasn't for THOMAS we would all still be drifting about the netherworld of watchlove.

HAPPY.

Happy New Year to ALL EU !!!! You all have a head start on 2009 .... :huh:

I meant this thread not as how much "time" you have or that anyones "better" because of it.. but rather as a "mindset".. that's what "Old School" is to me.. B)

far removed from the Modern "let's make it easier with a shortcut".. it may not be as good.. but it'll be easier.. the ooposite of what I call "ol school"

not quite 3:00 pm New years Eve here..

Wow, Lani, my speed reading course finally paid off.

Ziggy and I joined around the same time four years ago. The difference between us "Old Schoolers" is that he knows stuff and I don't.

:lol:

As mind sets go rtk .. you are definitely as ol school as Ziggy, jeffg, and the rest ! .. your a good man brah !!... and I say that without an ounce of alcohol in ma system.. your "fo real".....wetting down the roof so's the aerial fireworks don't burn me down.. =@

sorry for the long winded post but somethings just take me a little longer to express.. :whistling:

No ka'oi post lani.

Mahalo nui loa and Hau'oli Makahiki Hou bruddah,

Omni

MaahalO .. Bull!!..

Maui outlawed fireworks long, long ago.. but my neighborhood is a war zone with illegal areials .. one jus landed in ma driveway ... didn't go off in the air ... sheesh.. good thing I jus came inside.. where I will stay.. just got finished wetting the roof again

every NY's eve..the trades jus die... going to be a smoke filled night again..

Imua ~ RWG 09

See you around campus Ol Schooler

L