When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 1665 DRSD (New pics w/new ofrei pearl installed)

jjfesq

This is my Double Red

(MBW/MBK)

I bought it with the following mods:

-Gen crown and tube installed

-Lugs drilled

-Gen type springbars

-Insert replaced

-Dial & hands with nice aged lume

-Caseback paint removed

-Case repolished and then patinated

I added a gen 93150 hollow link to dress it up.

Im intersted in comments suggestions and opinions.

BTW I have the wrong gen endlinks 593 I think I need 585

jj - What you have so far looks outstanding, but I think you have the wrong pearl for a vintage SD (yours has the metal surround, which is incorrect for this model). Depending on which insert you have, the Ofrei illumines dot (pearl) may fit. If not, you should get the PMWF insert (I do not have the link handy, but there are a number of threads about it that you can locate via the Search), which fits the MBW bezel & Ofrei pearl perfectly (w/o cement). And if you are feeling particularly neurotic, you might want to finish your project off with a working Hev

motorcycleadventure028bw1.jpg

Nice watch JJ.

I agree, a better insert would be all I'd change. Classic Watch Parts (CWP) also sells a nice aftermarket bezel insert ~$50 and as Freddy said the Ofrei lumi dots are spot on or there are some you can find on ebay redone with a vintage toned lume that are nice -it will look something like this (of course mine has nice crack in it :D ):

Picture003.jpg

Wear it well!

Thanks for the kind advice and comments. As a vintage NewB I am Honored to have Freddy, Dluddy and the rest of you "Vintologists" "bless" my project and point me in the right direction.

what do you guys think of this pearl for a vintage look or should I stick with the ofrei?

YUKIPEARL

ALSO I HAD A COUPLE OF WHOLESALE OUTLET MODERN SUB BRACELET LINKS THAT I TRIED TO INSTALL AND THEY ARE SLIGHTLY TOO BIG BOTH OUTSIDE AND INSIDE. ANY IDEAS WHERE I COULD FIND SOME AFTERMARKET BRACELET LINKS FOR THE 93150 ON THIS BAD BOY.

looks very good!!

Is that the MBW crystal or did you swap it out. You can get a Clarks superdome t-39 for about $40 and it will make a big difference to the "look" of the watch. its a much clearer crystal than the MBW. Its hard to explain until you see it in real life. It adds sparkle and gives it more of a gen feel

heres mine with Gen T-39 Superdome and acrylic pearl.

CIMG0952.jpg

Nice datewheel Stephane!

JJ, I've found that the links from a noob bracelet will fit both a gen or rep 93150.

Also, for end links, you can use 580's (early) or 585's (later). The 580's were used on the 1680 for sure, maybe 5513's and 5512's, as well as the early 1665's so they are more plentiful.

AWESOME simply awesome!

. thats exactly the watch i want but being located in asia i am not so accessible to the modders of this watch. the drsd is my first choice followed by the SD of Bk. i really love the drsd of mbk/mbw which is what you have but the modifications frighten and intimidate me.

did you get it modded or did you have it done? frankly i would want one guy to do it all for me but from what i heard several guys do different mods. anyway i would appreciate some advice. thats a fine watch and if i could get one i may settle for this instead of the pre-order sd of bk. SO CONFUSED

My clark's superdome came today. Only problem is where can I get it changed and be sure that the work is done so that my watch will still be waterproof.

I live in NYC area (Long Island) and if someone has a person they trust for local service or a trusted US person for mail away that would do this swap for me could you please PM or post.

Thanks

JJ