When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting Daytona parts auction

JoJo35

Found an interesting bay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-6263-v727-ORIG-C...%3A1%7C294%3A50

The price is starting to really get up there, although I had my doubts about the authenticity of this sale. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I never thought gen rolex movements had incabloc, and it appears that the slider gear between the bridge is steel. The dial appears to be a nice gen though.

Incablock seems wrong to me...but the biggest problem I see is that it's a free sprung balance, yet the cock has "F...S" markings for a regulator arm. There is no arm, so what is incorrect, the balance, the cock, the shock setting, or all three.

Don't think it's a mistake that the caliber markings are cut off in the picture.

Good eye.

RG

Incablock seems wrong to me...but the biggest problem I see is that it's a free sprung balance, yet the cock has "F...S" markings for a regulator arm. There is no arm, so what is incorrect, the balance, the cock, the shock setting, or all three.

Don't think it's a mistake that the caliber markings are cut off in the picture.

Good eye.

RG

I agree with all of the above & also note that the seller appears suspiciously selective in his use of lighting & focus (or, more precisely, shadows & defocus), which are the hallmarks of almost every scammer.

So, what can we do? It would be horrid if we let someone waste over $8k on fake stuff.

Just do not bid. You can register a complaint with ebay, but unless you can validate your claim (that the seller is mis-representing the genuineness of his parts), I would not expect them to do anything (& rightfully so).

So, what can we do? It would be horrid if we let someone waste over $8k on fake stuff.

-H

Don't see it as "fake stuff" more like "misrepresented".

Anyone bidding in to this should be VERY aware of where they are going, and what they are doing.....and if not, it really is

"Caveat Emptor"

One can only hope Ebays "guarantees" are good ....for the buyer involved.

Offshore

1st: freddy is right - it seems like where he wants focus he put good lighting, and where he want it to be blury and dark (movement photos) suddenly it looks like there's so much dark and out of focused shots.

looks like there are a few parts in the photo he's trying to "hide" from the naked eye, hmmm why? i doubt this lot authenticy

2nd: IMO the seller knows what he's doing, and trying to pass it as gen parts in a "legal shady" way,

poor "happy" winner is gonna be there if we're all right.

Obviously the movement isn't correct, the balance is all wrong. So, we can deduce that the guy didn't actually go to Rolex- esp. Geneva. Just another scammer as Freddy says. But to bid this thing up to $8200 indicates that there are some people out there that have no clue what they are doing- fools. They could buy a better looking franken from Phong for less money.

But to bid this thing up to $8200 indicates that there are some people out there that have no clue what they are doing- fools. They could buy a better looking franken from Phong for less money.

True, but it was not that long ago that I would have been fooled by this thing. I think we often forget how truly jaded we are & how far we have come in learning about (& becoming sensitized to) all of the minute details that separate a cleverly assembled franken from a gen. ;)

If it's fake, report it. Ebay is trigger happy these days. I've had some gen parts (rolex) cancelled for "trademark infringement" and no matter what they wouldn't relist it for me. I put them back up and sold them, but they were totally bogus calling that stuff replica. I also tried to sell some of my DVD's, and a few got knocked down for the same thing. To me, it seems it only takes a few dumb asses to get your legitimate auction knocked down, so why not something that is really fake?

True, but it was not that long ago that I would have been fooled by this thing. I think we often forget how truly jaded we are & how far we have come in learning about (& becoming sensitized to) all of the minute details that separate a cleverly assembled franken from a gen. ;)

Agreed...a few months back that incabloc wouldn't have stood out to me...thank God for the forum and it's knowledgeable members!

• 1 month later...