When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1655 Back From the Castle up North

lanikai

First things first.. THANK YOU Ziggy and your significant other J ... Sooooooooooo much for all the hassle I put you through with this project .. you are truly a Gent and your Lady is truly .. (don't know what else to say except .. Professional Class) .. I learned a lot for instruction and shipping :)

The Parts I sourced for this 1655 are not that of Omega's Franken, but it took long enough and I'm still not done.. but Ziggy's art on the dial makes up for everything !!! and the genuine crystal .. the mag is the BOMB !! and the genuine crown is larger than the rep. crown..

the font on the bezel would be that of a 1655 that has been to the service center for a new bezel.. it is thinner than the original.. but there are 1655's out there with this font..

I have just gotten the thicker font and case from Joshua..(which is another story .. thanks J) but I will play with getting another genuine crystal on that one myself and possibly swap the case.. but for now I am extremely happy with this rep. as I will say again, Ziggy made all the difference .. for my not wanting to spend $$$$$$$$ < that kind of dollasrs.. (yet) .. I don't myself count this as a Franken, but rather a "Ziggoid".. the texture of the T - colour lume is out of this world !!

Thank you again R & J !!!

some sloppy fast pics

Thanks in advance for viewing !!

1655unandseawolf011li0.jpg

Genuine

49793qx8.jpg

The Bezel with the thicker font, still need to get the Omega hands put in.. but for now I will jus enjoy ...

1655unandseawolf007ub2.jpg

1655unandseawolf006ku6.jpg

1655unandseawolf005ge3.jpg

Thank you for viewing..

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Beautiful piece R!!! Fantastic. What ended up working for you? Is this the:

Josh Case and bezel from one of his versions

Gen crystal

Ziggy Lume and II trimming

Gen crown and tube

You've had a very busy day with the mailman!!

Thank you Tt ...

This is a case that Joshua had another dealer send me.. but he got the thicker font bezel/case for me last week..

Gen Crystal .. I recently got another for the second case

Ziggy everything .. Gen. Crown and Tube..

Now I am tempted to go for the genuine movement, so I can get the Omega flight hands on it.. .. I should of gotten the genuine hands when I had the chance.. shooooot !!!!

Thank you Tt ...

This is a case that Joshua had another dealer send me.. but he got the thicker font bezel/case for me last week..

Gen Crystal .. I recently got another for the second case

The Zigmeister everything .. Gen. Crown and Tube..

Now I am tempted to go for the genuine movement, ao I can get the Omega flight hands on it.. .. I should of gotten the genuine hands when I had the chance.. shooooot !!!!

Man...an amazing piece. Gen movement and hands are a pricey proposition...but given what the Real McCoy would cost to add one to the stables it makes it almost a bargain!!

Congrats...you need to grow a few extra arms to have the time to rotate the pieces just posted TODAY!!!

Awesome piece, a great job all round. I just received my dial from CWP so gonna get mine together asap. If it turns out this good i''ll be well happy...

P.

that sounds great pp !!! I learned a lot about putting together parts.. Ziggy was extremely patient .. to say the least !!.. so from the mistakes I made sourcing the parts .. I hope that will be a lesson.. it was a costly one.. but sometimes we learn (hopefully) by our mistakes.. btw.. what and who is CWP ?? :mellow: ..oh,oh .. here we go again.. :)

Edit add: .. sorry... "thank you" pp..

btw.. what and who is CWP ?? :mellow: ..oh,oh .. here we go again.. :)

CWP is Classic Watch Parts from Hong Kong. Had the pleasure of picking some dials up from Micheal (the boss) in person over the holidays. A very nice chap wearing a mint gen Red Sub, very nice indeed...

I'm using the Trusty case so i had him re-do the Trusty dial because its impossible to get an aftermarket dial to fit, they come up too small. The original Trusty dial is too crap to use.

you can see CWP at classicwatchparts.com

Cheers

P.

thank you All for the kind words !!

And yes Rob, you and J make a great team in more way's than one !!

@Tribal,, I'm waiting on Stilty's datewheels :)

I need to find a way to broach the Omega flight hands as TMG did to get them on this movement, that would be icing on the cake,.. along with the Date Wheel.. but I have it on and am truly enjoying it !!

@poleplex... must have been the long day... why I coudn't link the acronym.. sheesh .. I got the 5517 hands, and the second hand for the 1655 from him .. :rolleyes:

@TMG.. a special thanks ma friend.. for all the time/commnication to help me through this.. thank you so much !!

Aloha~Cheeers

Lani