When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's Official!

wombat247

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL....small Chinese manufacturers are controlled by terrorist groups.......

Those small Chinese manufacturers should sue for slander!

I'm sick of hearing this one. The gen folk know just mention a terrorist link and reps become "baaad, mmkay?". Prove it Rolex et al. If you can, I'll stop buying.

Col.

And the opposite is? REAL WATCHES ARE FOR REAL PEOPLE.

Yes, I bet that this campaign is highly backed by the luxury watch brands (no names mentioned). Just the type of insecure material-driven image character types they like to pray on.

I'm sorry in advance for making this generalisation; but looking at the typical 'types' of people on 'Gen forums' makes me angry because of their small interest in anything but showing off their status. The people on this forum have alot more passion and interest in timepieces and watchmaking than most of them ever seem to have.

It makes me feel like replica buying is thus the perfect justification of distancing yourself from a pretentious image while gaining the enjoyment of the interest at the same time. Honestly I know people that own gens purely as status symbols, and that angers me - infact thinking about the individual in mind, I'd love to ask him what he thinks the reasons are that it says Oyster perpectual on the face of his watch.

Sorry, did I began to rant?

And the opposite is? REAL WATCHES ARE FOR REAL PEOPLE.

Yes, I bet that this campaign is highly backed by the luxury watch brands (no names mentioned). Just the type of insecure material-driven image character types they like to pray on.

I'm sorry in advance for making this generalisation; but looking at the typical 'types' of people on 'Gen forums' makes me angry because of their small interest in anything but showing off their status. The people on this forum have alot more passion and interest in timepieces and watchmaking than most of them ever seem to have.

It makes me feel like replica buying is thus the perfect justification of distancing yourself from a pretentious image while gaining the enjoyment of the interest at the same time. Honestly I know people that own gens purely as status symbols, and that angers me - infact thinking about the individual in mind, I'd love to ask him what he thinks the reasons are that it says Oyster perpectual on the face of his watch.

Sorry, did I began to rant?

I actually get your point- and it's an excellent one- It's actually the FAKE people who can afford the REAL watches. Mostly because they're willing to do things that honest people with morals aren't.

I guess they're sick and tired of not being able to tell the difference.

That aside, wtf kind of watch is that in the picture?

from http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg...677#msg_4239318

Apart from that ridiculous PR, that does not deserve any comment, there is some interesting discussion and some good points made in that TZ topic. It actually proves that some of gen owners on TZ do have a functioning brain :)

best regards

I cant agree a fake watch is for a fake dude, but what about passing your rep of as real, surely its that act that make you fake?

Absolutley. As long as someone is honest about the providence of their watch, there's no deception or falsehood :)