When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just a quick message

TeeJay

The wedding went incredibly, and although I didn't actually get many wrist shots, I'll upload the regular pics when I get the chance. I have one of my best men staying with us till the reception Sunday, and following that, we have Emily's dad's funeral, and a few meetings early in the week which might take up some time, so it might be a further week till I'm back on the forum properly, but just to let you all know that all went well, and much of that was down to advice from my bros here :) Many thanks, amigos :good:

Really pleased for you TJ and you EJ. Glad everything went great for you guy's, you deserve it!!

+1

I'm really happy for you bro :D Now you can look forward to the married life, theres gonna be ups and downs, smiles and frowns! But seriosly though I wish you and E a very happy marriage.

Now.. lets see some pictures ;):D

Thanks for the messages, guys, it's very mch appreciated, from both of us :)

The photos won't get uploaded for a few days, as I want to wait till we see the reception pics as well, so you can see the best of the best, but, I will give you a little written spoiler of a watch shot I got yesterday:

My GMTSub, resting on 12mm thick ice, over a 'wading pool' with a blue-painted base... It looks awesome, and I can't wait to share it with you guys :good:

I know I'm a new guy here, so I hope you don't mind me throwing in a congratulations and a bit of advice. :) Never sweat the small stuff. so often many of us find ourselves getting caught up in obsessing over things that don't really matter, that we forget to appreciate the big picture. You've made a decision that has changed your life 1,3,5,10,20,50 years from now! We don't find a connection with someone else and make a decision like that without a reason. Use that reason to help you through those times that you may feel like running out the door and wanting to live in a cabin in the middle of nowhere.... OK, maybe that's just me. :p

I've been married over 18 years and wouldn't change a thing. The one thing I've learned is that you can always learn from any mistake. Since I wasn't born perfect, I'm always grateful for having made and learned from a mistake. Together you'll be more than you could ever be on your own- and people that don't believe that are too selfish to understand or experience it.

Cheers to you and your Bride!

Andrew

Congratulations!! I'm so glad to hear it went well (I know it wasn't an easy process).

Sorry, but I'm a bit behind. You said that Emily's dad passed away. Is that your wife's dad? I'm sorry for the loss.

Wow, a lot has happened in your life in a short time. You might want to plan something fun for later this year so you don't get depressed after all of this excitement (my wife and I went through a bit of a depression after the excitement of the wedding, last September).

So... did you buy your wife a watch as a wedding gift? :D

I know I'm a new guy here, so I hope you don't mind me throwing in a congratulations and a bit of advice. :) Never sweat the small stuff. so often many of us find ourselves getting caught up in obsessing over things that don't really matter, that we forget to appreciate the big picture. You've made a decision that has changed your life 1,3,5,10,20,50 years from now! We don't find a connection with someone else and make a decision like that without a reason. Use that reason to help you through those times that you may feel like running out the door and wanting to live in a cabin in the middle of nowhere.... OK, maybe that's just me. :p

I've been married over 18 years and wouldn't change a thing. The one thing I've learned is that you can always learn from any mistake. Since I wasn't born perfect, I'm always grateful for having made and learned from a mistake. Together you'll be more than you could ever be on your own- and people that don't believe that are too selfish to understand or experience it.

Andrew

You've hit the nail right on the head here mate.

15th Anniversary for us this August and I totally agree with everything you said.

Sure, my wife and I have had some real belters of arguments over the years, but we've always managed to sort it out.

It is still quite simply the best thing I've ever done in my life.

Congratulations to you and your wife TeeJay. I wish you both many, many years of happiness together.

Andrew

New or Old Skool, good advice is good advice, and always very much appreciated, so thank you, I will definitely bear those words in mind :) Welcome to the party :)

Andrew

New or Old Skool, good advice is good advice, and always very much appreciated, so thank you, I will definitely bear those words in mind :) Welcome to the party :)

Congrats TJ!!!!

Best O luck to you and your bride on your journey forward and may it be a beautiful one!

Cheers

Thanks, bro, it's very much appreciated :)

My heartfelt congratulations, mate!

And what a wonderful wristy you have there! :good:

Thanks indeed :) Glad you liked them :good:

Congratulations!! I'm so glad to hear it went well (I know it wasn't an easy process).

Sorry, but I'm a bit behind. You said that Emily's dad passed away. Is that your wife's dad? I'm sorry for the loss.

Wow, a lot has happened in your life in a short time. You might want to plan something fun for later this year so you don't get depressed after all of this excitement (my wife and I went through a bit of a depression after the excitement of the wedding, last September).

So... did you buy your wife a watch as a wedding gift? :D

Thanks, it certainly wasn't without it's hiccups to get things accomplished in time :lol:

It was her biological father, and to be honest, he isn't missed ;) Her step-father is the person who actually raised her, and it was her step-father's name which was put on the marriage licences and certificates B)

There's still more to come :) At the end of May, we're going to Tokyo for a week, combining a late honeymoon, my wife's birthday, and my best friend's wedding, which is the day after the birthday... That said, it's going to be hard to top that :lol:

No watch as a wedding gift :lol: I got her a hat, which was made specifically just for her, by Diva Zappa :)

You've hit the nail right on the head here mate.

15th Anniversary for us this August and I totally agree with everything you said.

Sure, my wife and I have had some real belters of arguments over the years, but we've always managed to sort it out.

It is still quite simply the best thing I've ever done in my life.

Congratulations to you and your wife TeeJay. I wish you both many, many years of happiness together.

Thanks for the encouragement, and I quite agree, it couldn't be much better said :)

Glad it all went well mate

Thanks indeed, my friend :) I hope all is well with you :good:

The reception went well, with no drunken arguments, brawls or shenanigans :) I've got a busy few days with various business meetings, but I'll endeavor to get a digital album up as soon as I can :)

Thanks again for all the support and good wishes, it is always very much appreciated :good:

I think I'm going to cry... :cry: .... NOT :p

missed this thread little Bro ... but I do wish You and your Bride all the happiness and joy that life has to offer !!

it's incredible to be here long enough to see all this happening over the years :)

I am sure your Father Inlaw is very pleased with who his Daughter married .. and Proud !!

So I wish you and E

Aloha Pumehana~

Forever Lasting Love

Cheers

R

I think I'm going to cry... :cry: .... NOT :p

missed this thread little Bro ... but I do wish You and your Bride all the happiness and joy that life has to offer !!

it's incredible to be here long enough to see all this happening over the years :)

I am sure your Father Inlaw is very pleased with who his Daughter married .. and Proud !!

So I wish you and E

Aloha Pumehana~

Forever Lasting Love

Cheers

R

Thanks, bro, that's a truly awesome thing to say, and very much appreciated :) I'm hoping to get the album up at some point tomorrow, insha'allah :)