When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wristcheck

RobbieG

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man BT, the more I see the ceramic GMT the more I can't wait till the blk Sub version comes out on that case. I had this one for a while as well and loved it - just wasn't needing more GMT's at the time.

But Rolex sure has made a watch case and bracelet that feel more high end than anything else prior in the sports line. And isn't that clasp great?

Well I don't know Robbie... I'm still not totally crazy about this watch and I prefer the classic models more. But I think I'm slowly getting used to it.

I checked the gen when I was in my local AD and the clasp feels a bit better on the gen. Visually there is very little difference (the bezel is shinier on the gen though) and overall I think this replication is amazing. I don't know... maybe I get used to these bulkier cg's, more square case and polished middle links eventually. When it comes to Sub I definitely like the classic 16610 too much... if I had to buy the gen I would definitely get the old one. You'd better get the rep first and see if it's really the watch for you.

Just my 2c. :)

Well I don't know Robbie... I'm still not totally crazy about this watch and I prefer the classic models more. But I think I'm slowly getting used to it.

I checked the gen when I was in my local AD and the clasp feels a bit better on the gen. Visually there is very little difference (the bezel is shinier on the gen though) and overall I think this replication is amazing. I don't know... maybe I get used to these bulkier cg's, more square case and polished middle links eventually. When it comes to Sub I definitely like the classic 16610 too much... if I had to buy the gen I would definitely get the old one. You'd better get the rep first and see if it's really the watch for you.

Just my 2c. :)

Yeah, I hear ya. I bought the gen blind and it didn't grow on me quite enough to keep it for the same reasons. But it seems to be growing on me again - some things that is.

I will definitely do the rep first on that one. But deep down I wish they would have just compromised - Keep the old case, upgrade with the ceramic bezel and a full brushed braclet with the solid center links and new clasp. For me, then the Sub would be perfect. Best of both worlds.

I do like much of what they have done with the new style, but just not all of it - mostly the CG's. I also would prefer the smaller hour indices myself.

Starting with something new on Friday. My experiment from yesterday - Planet Ocean on grey Sirtoli Sharkskin w/deployant...

POwristb.jpg

:good:

Looks awesome, bro, a very successful experiment :)

Not quite a full update, or even much as a wrist check, but just a quick update on my past week:

My amigo and I while being driven to Portmeirion:

Picture026.jpg

The wedding watch on the day:

Picture018.jpg

The GMTSub photographed while resting on a frozen wading pool:

DSCN0917.jpg

[Edit to add]

Yes, I know the dial's wonky on the GMTSub, it shifted really badly while we were away, but has since been realigned :)

Wow, some great watches again here and some splendid photos... :D

This week-end is the right time to wear my 1665 Trilogy: Single red to start, followed by the double red and the great white...

Sounds like a sexy plan isn't it ? :wub:

Let's start with the SR with genuine super dome and vietnamese bezel + + + a lot of parts and craftmanship :rolleyes:

RolexSDSingleRedMM_PS800_19B.jpg

RolexSDSingleRedMM_PS800_01.jpg

RolexSDSingleRedMM_PS400_12.jpg

Wow, some great watches again here and some splendid photos... :D

This week-end is the right time to wear my 1665 Trilogy: Single red to start, followed by the double red and the great white...

Sounds like a sexy plan isn't it ? :wub:

Let's start with the SR with genuine super dome and vietnamese bezel + + + a lot of parts and craftmanship :rolleyes:

Fantastic as always, my friend :good:

Man Lani that Blacksteel is really growing on me. I have always wanted to be cool enough to wear something kind of "tactical" lloking like that in a watch but the choices all sort of just made me look stupid (which isn't hard to do).

This strikes me as maybe the solution to not being able to wear a PVD Panerai which I love to death until I put on. Just too military looking for my style. Plus the PAM case shape blends with my narrow head and slim body to make me look like Spongebob.

Anyway, maybe this will be the first black watch I can like when I'm wearing it?

dsc0001oc9.jpg