When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We cannot save the World ... "Down Under"

lanikai

The devastation in Australia has been heavy on my mind this past week..

the devastation and loss of loved ones ..... I cannot fathom .. to loose not only homes and whole towns.. but to suddenly loose family members ... my heart is filled with empathy!!! Homes can be rebuilt, roads can be repaved ... human life cannot .

I am Pledging funds to whomever will take charge of this .. as we have members that are true friends and in the spirit of RWG.. NEED US now.

The monetary amount will be kept private as no number is of any importance compared to the "feelings" the Proud People of Australia are going through now.

I would also like to donate a new replica for raffle , benefits to be donated to the "Relief Fund" .. this will be from my collection, I would like to keep this in house (donation of replicas) as members will help members in a case such as this.

I had planned to start another raffle for our monthly usage, but that will be tabled, and whomever would take charge (Trail Boss ~Kenberg?)?? please contact me and we can start to make a difference in, one life ..

One Heart ~ One Community

With Heartfelt Empathy

Lani

I will happily donate, do we have a member in Aus who could take charge of the donations, does any one know how to set up a charity pp account for this?

Infact i have the last strap i ever made and i wont be making any more again, I will put this up for aution right now to this cause stand by for an aution post

edit, auction here

Nice words.

Finding the right charity may be a challenge, this is probably best led by someone in Oz.

Otherwise, maybe a combined RWG donation to http://www.redcross.org.uk/donatesection.a...=37220_ozbanner would be a good idea?

I don't have enough standing in the community to help organise something here yet, but am happy to donate.

Wonderful gesture Lani and the rest of you guys for offering support.

Col (Trailboss) is organizing a raffle that will run over the whole 3 forums and I urge everyone to support this, he is also looking for donated items to add to the raffle.

Here in Victoria we had another bad fire called Ash Wednesday back in 1983 that was the worse bushfire (loss of life and property) in modern history, this fire has already claimed in excess of 100 more lives.

The stories that have been coming out are truly heartbreaking and yet we still don't know how bad this will finally be.

O God, you know of what we are made

Ken this disaster brings back to my mind the fires we had here in Greece 2 years ago.

They almost burned down to ashes the cradle of the Olympic games..The archaeological

site of ancient OLYMPIA...not to mention half the mainland Peloponnese...

Our heart is with you right there at the land down under...

John

I was chatting with Trailboss, about 12 hours ago.

He is close to posting his raffle across the 3 boards. (maybe another 24 hours)

He has secured a couple of raffle items, and was waiting on responses from some others, so I'm sure this thread will hearten him in his efforts.

Thanks to all from this wonderful community here, for your thoughts of your fellow members here in Oz.

Even though some of us are many miles from the fires, to each Aussie, it feels as a little piece of you has been removed.

I lived in Victoria for 40 years, went through Ash Wednesday, and visited all those wonderful little country towns in the hills, which have now been obliterated. And just cannot comprehend the massive loss of life which has, and is occurring.

Thanks RWG, there are some wonderful people in this place.

Offshore

John I remember the fires in Greece vividly, truly a shocking blaze, started if I remember correctly, by developers.

Ken

Well Ken for the average citizen's mind it was an attempt,and a quite successful one i might add,to take our

minds away from the real problems that the goverment was up against at that time...some they say it was a

cover up op....some they say the fires were set by foreign agents in order to clear the ground for the huge corporations

to proceed with their industrial building and get away clean with the environmental organizations.But somehow in the way

things got out of control and led to disaster with alot of victims...

Anyway... there are a lot of conspiracy theories still going around...

I guess no one really knows the truth but ....

The only certain thing is that this disaster was not a work of one or two irresponsible,crazy obsessed with fire pyromaniacs...

I donated to the Australian Redcross,I have friends there who have been hit, I'm sure we all feel in one way or another!

I'm more than happy to donate again in any way possible. If that be a watch from my collection, Gods wings to it! As Lani said, One heart - One community!

N6

Great idea Lani. Ever since Hurricane Charlie devastated Florida a few years ago and I was reminded of the destruction of nature which is possible I started giving a quite sizable amount to ARC nationwide every year. Although I wasn't hit with that particular event I saw what those folks went through literally living on the ground on dirt floors for a year and more afterwards. It just crushed me and I vowed to give a certain percentage of my income every year to the less fortunate.

More importantly though, I used to use the excuse that I couldn't afford to give and I did it at all different income levels always finding some justification not to. Then I realized one day how lame an excuse that was and snapped out of it. Everyone can afford a small percentage no matter how much money they have and no amount is too little - even if it is five or ten dollars. That is a few meals for someone for a day. Truly.

Anyway, please everyone consider giving in whatever way you see fit - RWG related or otherwise and to the charity of your choice. Giving is a really good thing and when you do it comes back to you in droves. Not that it would be a reason to give, but I always tell people that as it seems like too much of a coincidence to me otherwise. Food for thought...

I was chatting with Trailboss, about 12 hours ago.

He is close to posting his raffle across the 3 boards. (maybe another 24 hours)

He has secured a couple of raffle items, and was waiting on responses from some others, so I'm sure this thread will hearten him in his efforts.

Thanks to all from this wonderful community here, for your thoughts of your fellow members here in Oz.

Even though some of us are many miles from the fires, to each Aussie, it feels as a little piece of you has been removed.

I lived in Victoria for 40 years, went through Ash Wednesday, and visited all those wonderful little country towns in the hills, which have now been obliterated. And just cannot comprehend the massive loss of life which has, and is occurring.

Thanks RWG, there are some wonderful people in this place.

Offshore

My heart is heavy for you all .. OS, TB, KB

I will be ready to post pics to TB for a BCE (still not worn, or sized, and a Lello DW) on Sunday

and I need you all to get either a special PP account for this or whatever you all decide, I have some funds that I would like to transfer, you all donate to whatever relief available for your immediate family needs.

And please members of RWG, no "props" to me .. this is not about anyone of us ... it is the RIGHT thing to do, and anyone of us would have posted the same.. we are helping "RWG Family" .. so this is not about money or "donations".. this is about pure "Love" .. for Family !!.. Love defined as: "Genuine Care and Concern for another Human Being." no more~no less

I request a way we can deliver funds for your Country's Relief, theough you all and RWG .. I for one would rather not enter a "raffle".. this is about "Unconditional love" So I would just like add support.. that's all.....

With Sincere Love and Aloha

R

Oke guys, give me a cpl of hours and I'll have it up and running. This is becoming a fairly large task and the planing alone (co-ordinating across three fora) has been a challenge. One made easier may I add by the unqualified support I have recived from the admins everywhere. I'mm starting to write the post now.

I have just got back from a callout at 3am this morning (it's after one PM now) due to heavy flooding here. Queensland, don't forget has the oppisite problem to our Victorian brothers ATM, it's pelting down rain here!

Thanks to one and all for the amount of help and generous donations I have recived from across all three boards.

BTW, I have nothing to do with Rep Geeks so if somone wants to volenteer to post something over there regards this to complete the quartet please contact me. Somone well knowen to the admin there would be best.

Your all going to have to excuse my typeing for the time being, I'mm buggered and it's worse than usual :)

Col.