When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oh No!

RobbieG

They repped the most bizarre ladies watch ever conceived (which I hear BTW is a home run for UN in Eurpoe & Asia - selling like hotcakes) hands down. I'm convinced the designers were doing peyote when they sketched it. Without further delay, may I present The Golden Dream (mushroom dream that is...)

ulysse_nardin_golden_dream2.jpg

The replication? Hear the sickly sound of a whiffle bat whizzing by? Uh huh...

unbirdsnest.jpg

PS: Did they just look at it co*keyed and think it was oval instead of round and just decide to throw 2008 in red in the center of the dial for kicks?

By way of contrast, and trust me when I say like all UN stock pics these don't do it justice the 37MM Dual Time ladies version is just amazing. Similar GMT function to my 42MM version with the Home Time 24 hour display and the jumping hour pushers. My girl is pushing for one of these for the birthday coming up. She is worth it. Plus I'll get to photograph it and make it look like it really does in person - a million bucks in hand and on the wrist. It comes in a few different versions. Here are two.

dualtimelady.jpg

dualtimelady2.jpg

The gen looks like the Birds Nest in Beijing (the National Stadium)...with clean casting, polishing, finishing (whatever the proper technical terms are I have no idea). The rep is brutal!

I have to say though, that the gen could use a different strap colour...looks a little too much like something I don't want to mention.

The gen looks like the Birds Nest in Beijing (the National Stadium)...with clean casting, polishing, finishing (whatever the proper technical terms are I have no idea). The rep is brutal!

I have to say though, that the gen could use a different strap colour...looks a little too much like something I don't want to mention.

Yeah, I think it is supposed to be actually as they were trying to target the Asian market. As I said it is supposedly doing very well in the east.

Yeah its a 1:1 for sure. Bad enough UN made the gen if you ask me. Hopefully, they destroyed the CAD files on this one and it will become a "limited edition". Although, as I said it is selling well and UN has it in the regular lineup. Between the Dual Time, Lady Diver, The Caprice and Michaelangelo I should think they had the girls covered.

One thing I have always liked about Nardin is their lines are not protracted. The Marine series are basically one chrono and one non chrono version of the same marine chronometer look and design and they just offer it in every conceivable size dial color, size, and variation of it. Something for everyone. Then they have the Dual Time collection which in a similar way centers around the movement and the basic design and they offer tons of variation. Then finally the complications are al unique and have just a couple dial and case variations. If it were up to me they wouldn't need anything else, but they do have a few extras in their but 90% of sales come from those three camps, with 70% of that coming from the Marine line.

So oddball stuff like this just ruins the continuity if you ask me.

Yeah, I think it is supposed to be actually as they were trying to target the Asian market. As I said it is supposedly doing very well in the east.

I'm not surprised. There are a few suspect fashion decisions I've seen in the Asian Market. At least the gen looks like it was made to a reasonably high level of quality and attention to detail.

IMG_1990.jpg

I agree though R, that the design makes no sense to the continuity of the brand. But hey...many would say that about the Rolex GMT IIc even!!

It looks like an homage to the birdsnest stadium in Beijing.

The rep looks like a rep of a birds shit in the birds nest stadium!